Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Band Recommendation
Goto page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 1419, 20, 21  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6
Previous topic :: Next topic
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 14/02/2008, 07:38 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
i'm curious who will headline this year's edition now all 'big' bands cannot make it. will it be Epica? again? Laughing

Laughing that would be tragic!

Kingfisher Sky are good!!But would they fit the fest?The songs I've heard are not very metal (edit: but many bands aren't exactly metal but still play so...). They are probably pretty unknown, i haven't seen them being mentioned much

maybe Benedictum could come, even though they screwed us last year...or Darzamat
Rolling Eyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 14/02/2008, 07:38 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Freddo

PostPosted: 14/02/2008, 07:43 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

TSOTB could headline? They're not as big as, say, Within Temptation by any comparison but they're still amazing (If not dead...).
Or Elis could come back as a headliner? Again they're not very big, but there aren't very many big female fronted bands who aren't on a break or unavailable... except maybe Tristania or Theatre of Tragedy?

Arch Enemy should so be headliner on Sunday though.
behemoth_zZz

PostPosted: 14/02/2008, 08:11 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

*keeps fingers crossed for Therion :p
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 14/02/2008, 08:13 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

ooh yes I totally forgot about Therion!
That actually could be a good idea, even though i don't like them much, they seem to be the only left big band

Nemesis

PostPosted: 14/02/2008, 09:13 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

woah! since when did Therion become female-fronted? though Snowy could indeed be a questionable presence... Laughing

Kingfisher Sky is more proggy. prog metal is THE trend of 2008, so in that case they could come. plus, they deserve the attention AND they're female-fronted as in really female-fronted, boobs and all. lol

and i'm also in if Benedictum show up (make them sign a contract so they can't bail out; what was the reason for them to bail out last year anyway?).

epiphany! what about Virus IV? they have a new album out very soon (March) and they have a fabulous frontwoman, Magali Luyten (also featuring on the new Ayreon album). oh, and they're from Belgium as well.

Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 14/02/2008, 09:17 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

true, prog metal is becoming a trend!Who knows?

Virus IV is what you think nemesis?

edit: damn you were faster!
Magali is soooooo good!!!

I'm starting to think that there are more extreme/hard bands!
Stolen Babies

MisanthropiA

PostPosted: 15/02/2008, 02:33 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

DSO is coming to MFVF! Awesome... Eventhough I'll probably catch them before (they're doing a small tour through Holland)

But still, I'll have to wait for the headliners (and secretely hoping that it WON'T be Epica or something similar!!)
Helstar

PostPosted: 15/02/2008, 05:57 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

DSO rules ! Great news !
MisanthropiA wrote:

Try Legenda Aurea... they're quite similar to Nightwish and Seraphim!

No good for my tastes sorry .... Amberian Dawn are 100 times better !
Nemesis wrote:

how about Kingfisher Sky?

Great band ! Thanx for letting me know :> I'll order their cd right now.

Denkare + UneXpect ... to worship the opposite is not a crime.
Following the scene since Chastain-Messiah Force-Znowhite...
MSN
Nemesis

PostPosted: 15/02/2008, 08:58 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Helstar wrote:

Nemesis wrote:

how about Kingfisher Sky?

Great band ! Thanx for letting me know :> I'll order their cd right now.

you're welcome Smile

had another epiphany: Arkona
Russian folk metal which is really really swingable (fits in with the 'Swing' this year, right?) and this band really deserves more exposure. i recommend their latest album (Ot Serdtsa K Nebu), especially the title track (available on their MySpaz) and 'Slavsya Rus'.

Visit poster’s website
Zvetiki

PostPosted: 15/02/2008, 09:35 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
had another epiphany: Arkona

I checked them out after they were mentioned in this thread, and have since bought three CDs. They are utterly brilliant, both live and in studio. But I have to say that what little I can make out from the titles about the resurfacing glory of the Russian Empire, the slavic brothers and so on is a bit irritating. I cannot really understand their complete lyrics, though.

Quote:
i recommend their latest album (Ot Serdtsa K Nebu), especially the title track (available on their MySpaz) and 'Slavsya Rus'.

Русь изначальная and Солнцеворот for me Cool
Lathiaran

PostPosted: 16/02/2008, 04:04 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

And what about Mandragora Scream? I would love to see them, I bet their shows are awesome (not average, thats for sure)! (maybe for the extrem day?) and I think they don't actually have any other future events planned so... Rolling Eyes http://www.mandragorascream.com/

And if the organization wants an old, (popular?) band for the headline, I would recommend Inkubus sukkubus (and I think they want to relese a new album soon) http://www.inkubussukkubus.com

And well, I don't mind if Epica wants to come again, the truth is that I love their shows, and they are like a tradition in MFV, well, in my opinion, if they don't come this year I think the festival will lose part of its "soul"....

By the way, I'm new at this forum, nice to meet you all Wink
Ichigo

PostPosted: 16/02/2008, 09:57 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

I miss Epica so I'll be happy to see them again at the next edition of mfvf if they come...
Wait and see... Smile

To dance all the night in the midnight sun, that is my dream...
Visit poster’s website Skype
Choronzon

PostPosted: 17/02/2008, 05:04 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Delight from Poland sound pretty good too.

www.myspace.com/delightspace

Masterful Magazine - Poland's premier death/black metal zine
MSN
Nemesis

PostPosted: 17/02/2008, 05:43 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Choronzon wrote:
Delight from Poland sound pretty good too.

www.myspace.com/delightspace

ooo! does indeed sound nice and would make an excellent candidate for the festival as it's not the average yodely sympho stuff. (note: based on hearing only one song)

Visit poster’s website
AracneMorgana

PostPosted: 18/02/2008, 04:05 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

inkubus sukkubus sounds like a good choice for the festival! are they really releasing some new material?? cool!

and therion would be very interesting as well!

epica... i'm pretty sure they'll be there because they're a must be in this festival, BUT headliners... i'm sure there's way more interesting bands out there for a headliners

btw i'd reccomend Dejafuse (Nienke's new band apart from Autumn Sad ) and spanish prog metal band Ebony Ark (who are about to release their new album!)... Dejafuse may be more rock than metal, but they really should be there!!!! Mr. Green
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 03:45 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 1419, 20, 21  >
Page 13 of 21

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website