Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Band Recommendation
Goto page: <  1, 2, 314, 15, 1619, 20, 21  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6
Previous topic :: Next topic
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 24/02/2008, 03:09 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Choronzon wrote:

Angtoria, To-Mera, Legion Of Hetheria and Visions Of Atlantis are amongst the ones most mentioned/suggested/wanted, as far as I can tell.

Huh? Angtoria were mentioned 4 times, Legion of Hetheria fewer.
Besides I think Angtoria don't tour anymore
There are other bands f.e UneXpect that are mentioned much more

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 24/02/2008, 03:09 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
MisanthropiA

PostPosted: 26/02/2008, 01:09 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Think I already mentioned them... but I feel they need to be mentioned again Rolling Eyes

One hell of a great all-female metal band from Puerto Rico (for the heavier day): Matriarch!!! (a link to their myspace http://www.myspace.com/matriarch)

They're a mix of death and black metal with gothic undertones (operatic death metal is what they call it).
Their older stuff is more melodic (and I think better... unfortunately they one have tracks from the new album on myspace) but still, I think they deserve some exposure. Plus their debut album was just released.
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 26/02/2008, 07:46 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
Choronzon wrote:

Angtoria, To-Mera, Legion Of Hetheria and Visions Of Atlantis are amongst the ones most mentioned/suggested/wanted, as far as I can tell.

Huh? Angtoria were mentioned 4 times, Legion of Hetheria fewer.
Besides I think Angtoria don't tour anymore

Each year we tried to book them, but the singer wasn't available (COF tour), and the band were very disappointed of her schedule as they really wanted to play the fest.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 26/02/2008, 10:46 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

MisanthropiA wrote:
One hell of a great all-female metal band from Puerto Rico (for the heavier day): Matriarch!!! (a link to their myspace http://www.myspace.com/matriarch)

I prefer Duel of Fate (they have the same singer) Razz but I agree Matriarch are pretty good
And so Stolen Babies Twisted Evil

MisanthropiA

PostPosted: 26/02/2008, 04:41 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
MisanthropiA wrote:

I prefer Duel of Fate (they have the same singer) Razz but I agree Matriarch are pretty good
And so Stolen Babies Twisted Evil

I unfortunately only heard 2 tracks from Duel of Fate... One I liked (Senza amore) the other I totally disliked. But I do agree with you that they are also quite great.

And yes, Frozen-me, let's keep the fight to get Stolen Babies on the fest! Razz
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 26/02/2008, 05:18 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

MisanthropiA wrote:

I'll poke Burkhard then, he is a big Stolen Babies supporter and he comes to the fest every year Mr. Green

Freddo

PostPosted: 26/02/2008, 05:52 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:

Each year we tried to book them, but the singer wasn't available (COF tour), and the band were very disappointed of her schedule as they really wanted to play the fest.

Gah that sucks. Would have LOVED to have seen Angtoria...
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 26/02/2008, 09:05 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
MisanthropiA wrote:

I'll poke Burkhard then, he is a big Stolen Babies supporter and he comes to the fest every year Mr. Green

The latter isn't entirely true. I wasn't at the first festival and I wasn't at the fourth festival either. And the main reason to attend last year's festival was not the line-up, but the fact that I wanted to meet some people from the Sonic Cathedral-forum.

However, I fully second the suggestion of Stolen Babies! There aren't that many albums which managed to get more than 200 spins from me in less than a year, but "There Be Squabbles Ahead" was one of them. I can also imagine that Stolen Babies are an excellent live band. On March 25, I'll be seeing them live in Essen - too bad that their set as opening act for Dillinger Escape Plan probably won't be very long.

I also have to repeat my suggestion of Madder Mortem, who would fit very well on the second day and who are overdue to play at this festival!

But does it really matter what people suggest? As far as I understood, only bands who send in promo-packages will be considered.

np: Coroner - "Grin"
Dorinde

PostPosted: 03/03/2008, 11:13 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

WHY SHE KILLS!

Band has new singers, and will release new material early June...................

www.myspace.com/whyshekills

Others; In This Moment, The Agonist, My Ruin
Ichigo

PostPosted: 03/03/2008, 08:32 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

The agonist and In this moment, but on Saturday pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase !!!!
Otherwise, Kivimetsän druidi would be cool as well !

To dance all the night in the midnight sun, that is my dream...
Visit poster’s website Skype
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 03/03/2008, 08:52 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

The Agonist has never answered ... maybe they are not interested Rolling Eyes

The bill is close to be full, at this moment we need some official confirmations before to announce something more, and of course ... headliners who need more time to check their schedule etc ...

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Nemesis

PostPosted: 03/03/2008, 09:19 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

ooooooooooo! stop teasing us! Laughing

i'm hoping to see some more sexy bands confirmed before i'm going to clear my schedule for October, but i'm sure there's going to be some more pink disco. i can just sense it. yes, i'm a psycho psychic.

*cough*ARKONA!!!*cough*

Visit poster’s website
Dorinde

PostPosted: 03/03/2008, 10:36 pm Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

AGONIST: try again.........................................

WHY SHE KILLS: need to be there as well....................the only band (from Holland) that combines pure female fronted death metal and gothic kind of things in one band. I heard they will do some major Dutch festivals as well.
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 04/03/2008, 08:00 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

After a few e-mail, we think that it's enough Rolling Eyes
Now we have to concentrate on headliners and not running behind small bands Wink

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 04/03/2008, 09:36 am Post subject: Band Recommendation Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
The bill is close to be full, at this moment we need some official confirmations before to announce something more, and of course ... headliners who need more time to check their schedule etc ...

This is such a teaser!!!You should give us some spoilers!Like the first letter of the headliners' names Twisted Evil

I'm awfully surprised that The Agonist never replied, I've stuffed them with messages and they always reply...ooh well there are other fishes in the sea that know how to swim too Wink

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 08:11 am Post subject: Band Recommendation

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 314, 15, 1619, 20, 21  >
Page 15 of 21

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website