Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Alles wat misgelopen is...
Goto page: <  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5
Previous topic :: Next topic
Maai

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 09:47 am Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

@ Everyone who wants English: I'm sorry, but some people their English isn't just that good. I had the worst English lessons in school, so I learned everything from TV Razz But excuse me if I make mistakes.

I want to apologize to roltrap for using the text he wrote on another forum. But it's just that I were so mad at the organisation for spoiling my day. It's their fault and I just want an apology.

Sorry if I were a bit rude, I'm just easily stressed. Confused
Publicité

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 09:47 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
decamerone

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 09:52 am Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

Maai wrote:
@ Everyone who wants English: I'm sorry, but some people their English isn't just that good. I had the worst English lessons in school, so I learned everything from TV Razz But excuse me if I make mistakes.

I want to apologize to roltrap for using the text he wrote on another forum. But it's just that I were so mad at the organisation for spoiling my day. It's their fault and I just want an apology.

Thank you for the effort Wink
So what was that wrong on saturday ? I guess it depends on who you came to see, I should say for me it was all quite excellent. But I totally understand people beeing mad not to be able to see leaves until the end for instance.
behemoth_zZz

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 10:41 am Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

decamerone wrote:
Maai wrote:

Thank you for the effort Wink
So what was that wrong on saturday ? I guess it depends on who you came to see, I should say for me it was all quite excellent. But I totally understand people beeing mad not to be able to see leaves until the end for instance.

The biggest issue stated here was the entrance and ticket validation I think. Some tickets sold on websites and some stores had to be exchanged first but there was noone present in the ticket booth to exchange them before the doors opened.
Gsus4

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 12:57 pm Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

(I'll post this in English, so you all can enjoy, or be annoyed, it depends Wink )

Personally I never had the impression that there were problems worth mentioning. Being a member of Valkyre, the first band to enter the arena on Saturday, I was happily surprised that many people already got in before we started our gig. As you might know on some festivals the first bands have to play in empty halls (been there, done that, got the t-shirt!!). Not here!

Furthermore, afterwards I noticed the atmosphere and the mood of the people were great, backstage and frontstage! Audience and musicians seemed to enjoy themselves during the whole day.

The crew were very helpful, carrying our gear, making sure that everything was ok, most of them were multilingual,... no problems at all.
Also the catering for the artists was taken care of in a more than decent way, the kitchen staff must have been dead tired at the end of such a day of hard work. Other facilities, such as dressing rooms, were fine, and no distinction was made between unknown bands (such as Valkyre) and the well-known bands.

I saw Philty briefly, and he seemed tired yet satisfied. He went "on the field" to check if everything was ok. The organization was not invisible, as you sometimes have with other festivals.

I've been gigging with Valkyre quite some years now, and I can assure you that not all the gigs we did were that well organized.

That's my opinion... As for the band: this was a great opportunity for us, and we got more than we hoped for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Circle Unbroken
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 03:42 pm Post subject: MFVF5 Reply with quote

Well all I can say is that yes I did have to queue. It is a national sport of us English. In fact we are world champions at this.
However I would like to say that I saw Valkyre and they rocked. I bought there CDs from their merch stand and have enjoyed listening to it very much. Keep on going Valkyre and maybe you could come to England to tour?

Cheers Keith47424
Gsus4

PostPosted: 24/10/2007, 12:32 pm Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

Quote:
However I would like to say that I saw Valkyre and they rocked. I bought there CDs from their merch stand and have enjoyed listening to it very much. Keep on going Valkyre and maybe you could come to England to tour?

Thanks! Smile
Well, we'd love to come to England, but an adventure like that should be feasible, economically and time-related.
Who knows, maybe it will become possible in the future that we cross the Canal. We happen to know a few bands in UK, and an exchange of gigs is always a possibility (same goes for France and Italy, by the way).

Circle Unbroken
Zvetiki

PostPosted: 24/10/2007, 01:05 pm Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

Gsus4 wrote:
We happen to know a few bands in UK, and an exchange of gigs is always a possibility (same goes for France and Italy, by the way).

I assume that the omission of Germany in that list is just a small mistake. Wink Really, you were good and Consolamentum turns out to be a good demo (I think I got the second-to-last copy from the booth); I'm certainly looking forward to hear from you again, live or on CD.

The same goes for Interria, by the way. Very nice show that you put up, and I hope for the Album in early 2008.
Vlien
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 24/10/2007, 01:54 pm Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

Zvetiki wrote:
I hope for the Album in early 2008.

+ 1 Razz

Visit poster’s website
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 25/10/2007, 06:31 am Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks!
Well, we'd love to come to England, but an adventure like that should be feasible, economically and time-related.
Who knows, maybe it will become possible in the future that we cross the Canal. We happen to know a few bands in UK, and an exchange of gigs is always a possibility (same goes for France and Italy, by the way).

How about contacting Dave the keyboard player with Seasons End. They maybe touring again next year. Would love to see you over here. Check out their website http://www.seasons-end.com/

Cheers Keith47424
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 25/10/2007, 06:32 am Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

That also goes for Interria and Distored.

Cheers Keith47424
Markje

PostPosted: 25/10/2007, 06:17 pm Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

Alright, in English then.

I really hope the food for VIP-tickets / artists / crews will be better organised. Making a miscalculation can happen, but who got the idea that 2 cooks for all those people would be enough? Waiting for - at least - 1,5 hours on Friday, not getting anything and seeing people who got there *after* me get theirs really p-ed me off. Eventually I gave up and went to the hotdog stand in the hall itself. Same crap on Saturday, good thing there was a snack wagon outside.

Also: Better wardrobe organisation please. There should be someone there before people start walking in. Now it was waiting for at least half an hour on both Friday and Saturday.

Aside from that, everything was very well taken care of, honest. (Ok, maybe some more info about changes in the program would've been nice, like with a big board in the hall itself or so)

It's all about the Pentiums!
Fewic

PostPosted: 25/10/2007, 08:52 pm Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

If signing sessions are organized at the back of the hall, do it there. Suddenly, it was on the side. Next to that, later in the evening, Epica was doing signing at the left-front of the stage, with the merchandising. Huh?

Almost all the day, people were sitting on the stairs to the 'vestiaire' (wardrobe), and later on they were told to sit somewhere else. Why? Because that was the stairs for the vestiaire.... not as if it was some fire exit.
If it's such a problem, why don't you place more chairs/tables? I can imagine for many people wearing their beautiful clothes, weren't so keen on standing up straight the entire day, and wanted a place to sit down.

For the posters, offer some 'cilinder cardboard' (poster kokers). Some people don't care, some do. That way their posters won't get bend by people passing by or other 'accidents'. People would be willing to pay; but don't overcharge it.

Cancel the VIP-tickets. If that's a reason why a LOT of people waited in lines for the signing sessions and had to find out, the artists were allready gone before they could sign their shirt/cd/dvd, the VIP-privileges should go in favour of the collective good :p

A friend of mine was also in the wrong lane that Saturday morning. He left his home from around 5:15 in the morning! And even tho he was one of the first people their in one of the two lines/queues, and certainly with the first 25 people of his queue, you'd think he got his free t-shirt, but no, he didn't. I felt sorry when I heard about this dissapointment.
Fewic

PostPosted: 17/10/2008, 07:04 pm Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is... Reply with quote

One year later.... and no reply from the organisation to anyone who had complaints? Altough I'm confident, it probebly be better, it still doesn't assure me much if there's no reaction to it from the people who organize it. Neutral
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:47 am Post subject: Alles wat misgelopen is...

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website