Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comments about MFVF 5
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5
Previous topic :: Next topic
Vlien
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 24/10/2007, 07:38 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Gothtim wrote:
Then I must have seen you too, Vlien,
as I was in the photopit also talking to the girl with the flag and Rudy Dedoncker Very Happy

Oh yes she talked to him indeed Razz
I was the girl with a camera with the big lens :')
The one waving with an evil grin when all photographers had to leave Razz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 24/10/2007, 07:38 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
LegendLand

PostPosted: 25/10/2007, 02:46 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

*hehe*

so you´re kind of a v.i.p. now Laughing
Vlien
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 25/10/2007, 07:25 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Cool

Visit poster’s website
Uruthar

PostPosted: 27/10/2007, 11:40 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

I enjoyed this edition

good start, nice performances, good food(right next to the fest), leaves eyes DVD show really impressed me, epica too
no time for much commenting
I had probs with my ears a few days but that' completely over now
it was the best of the 3 editions ive been too
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 28/10/2007, 12:41 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Uruthar wrote:
I had probs with my ears a few days but that' completely over now

Didn't you use earplugs? If you attend such concerts without using earplugs, you might one day have probs with your ears (e.g. tinnitus) for the rest of your life. Nowadays, most musicians on the stage use earplugs, so if they do, it might be wise for the people in front of the stage to also use them - unless you don't mind damaging your hearing.
Hell's Angi

PostPosted: 29/10/2007, 12:33 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

i have to admit i never use earplugs...well, i did once...
Visit poster’s website ICQ MSN
Vlien
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 29/10/2007, 02:46 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

It is indeed very stupid to go to festivals/concerts without earplugs.
& I have to say, I'm also stupid sometimes..
Those plugs are annoying, my ears are SOO tiny, so they don't really fit..

Does anyone know if personally-made ones would help?
How does that work? They take a picture of my ear or so?

Visit poster’s website
behemoth_zZz

PostPosted: 29/10/2007, 05:12 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Vlien wrote:

I had some silicone (correct spelling?) earplugs with me this year. You can bend, tear, fold, pull, cut them in all sizes and shapes you like.
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 29/10/2007, 09:41 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Vlien wrote:

I don´t know how exactly it is done, but I think a lot of musicians use those, because they are the best - but also the most expensive. Since they are quite expensive, buying some of these only makes sense if you have to use them a lot (as musicians usually do). To find out more, google "custom-made earplugs".

For many years I had used a pair of these, but while they definitely reduce the noise, they are crap if you listen to music, because they alter the sound a lot. Somewhere in the late nineties I bought a different type of earplugs - unfortunately I can´t find a picture of them anywhere, but they are a lot smaller and also better for listening to music, because while they also reduce the noise, they don´t alter the sound so much. To get some overview of what kind of earplugs are available, have a look at this page. (It´s also available in German and French.)
Vlien
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 29/10/2007, 10:09 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Whow thank you!

& I've had those yellow ones too, but those are a little too big for me! Razz

Visit poster’s website
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 30/10/2007, 09:39 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Vlien wrote:
I've had those yellow ones too, but those are a little too big for me! Razz

I´ll concede that those kind of earplugs might indeed tend to get a bit uncomfortable. I think shops which sell hearing aids also sell earplugs. (At least I bought my current ones in such a shop.) So if you know any such shop near the place where you live, check out what kind of earplugs are available. It might make it easier to find out which ones are the best for you.
Frozen

PostPosted: 01/11/2007, 11:38 am Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Does anyone know what had happened to IMPERIA?
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 01/11/2007, 02:14 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Does anyone know what had happened to IMPERIA?

According to what I read on the Sonic Cathedral-forum, Helena couldn´t afford to pay the flight from Norway to Belgium.
Siegfried

PostPosted: 01/11/2007, 04:19 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

yeah she realize that she doesn't have the money to pay the flight tickets some days before the festival Laughing imperia is announced since 2006 what a shame
Kurt

PostPosted: 01/11/2007, 05:58 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5 Reply with quote

Vlien wrote:

One of the companies who make custom fit ear protection is Earproof (Holland). A couple of times a year, they visit the Key Music stores. They pour some substance in your ears, it becomes hard, so they have the matrix for making the plugs perfect fit. The advantage of these ear plugs is you can still hear all the frequencies, only less loud. You can even use different filters, depending on how loud the music is. If you visit a lot of gigs, they're worth the money.

Over the years I've worked at a lot of festivals, and I noticed my hearing was getting worse. They tested my ears, and comparing to the results of my previous test (about 2 years before), my hearing had decreased a lot (7% in general, up to 12% in some frequencies). Since then I always use earplugs.

You've only got one pair of ears, protect them.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:42 pm Post subject: Comments about MFVF 5

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website