Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF 5 ... a few days after

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5
Previous topic :: Next topic
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 02:48 pm Post subject: MFVF 5 ... a few days after Reply with quote

Hi to eveyone !!!

I finally have a little bit time to post on the forum.

We would like to thank you all for your support. Your coming made this event something great for all.
Very good crowd, bands, shows, ...
As a lot of fans and bands, we feel that it was the best one Very Happy

We would like to thanks the whole staff (security, stage, vestiaire, desk, backstage, kitchen, merchandising, ...)
A special thanks to the new staff who worked with us this year. They are volunteers and made a really great job. Most are coming from Oostende, you know who you are Wink

We also wanted to apologize for some stuffs that we announced, and finally were different, like entrance, schedule.
Like a lot of festivals, there are always some little problems to solve ... if there aren't, you have nothing to do during the event Very Happy

The second entrance wasn't opened due to the cold temperature and didn't want that the hall became a big fridge. As the queue wasn't so big than in 2005, the guys at entrance managed it quickly.
Same for the schedule, there was late for the desk opening but we tried to open it as quickly as possible. Finally everybody was entered in the venue before the end of the first band !
Some bands cancelled their appearance at last minute, and we had to print new schedules, but these ones, as well as programs were available during the festival.

Cheers and see you all for the next one

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 02:48 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Vlien
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 03:06 pm Post subject: MFVF 5 ... a few days after Reply with quote

Welcome back Razz
Hopefully a little rested Laughing

But why didn't you open the left doors later then? So the desk could open at the same time..
A few people were totally pissed about that..

And why did the Brussels bus leave that early?

Not that it all matters to me, I'm just horribly curious Embarassed

Visit poster’s website
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 03:41 pm Post subject: MFVF 5 ... a few days after Reply with quote

No time to rest at this moment Sad

When the biggest part of audience entered the festival, it wasn't necessary anymore to open the second door.

About the busses, we are really angry against the bus company. We had to find a solution for those who stayed at the venue without any transport.
It was foreseen since the begining that the last band's show will end at 24h30, and they didn't get the last schedule with LE show starting earlier, so they didn't had to left at midnight.
This is the last time that we will work with them, and will find another company.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 23/10/2007, 05:48 pm Post subject: afterwards Reply with quote

Thank you for the info about the bus. Not that I am a big LE fan but there were a few pissed off people on the bus. Maybe I will try to stay in Aalst next year and get a taxi back after the gig???? Question

Cheers Keith47424
Nikske

PostPosted: 25/10/2007, 06:21 pm Post subject: MFVF 5 ... a few days after Reply with quote

Even with all the so called trouble it was the best festival I ever saw (okay it was my first :p) But it certainly won't be my last :p
People don't need to fuss abaut what they missed but think about the funn they had during the festival.

Greetings to the horror.
MSN
Fewic

PostPosted: 25/10/2007, 09:01 pm Post subject: MFVF 5 ... a few days after Reply with quote

Do you guys also felt that Battlelore, didn't seem to be on top of their game? After each song, it was always "thanks", "great", ... Okay, one band makes it sound more convincing than the other ("make some fucking noise!"), but the female singer of Battlelore.... the 'kid' seem to say to the audience 'great', 'thanks', ...
Erm.... Rolling Eyes

Their show wasn't that bad, don't get me wrong!

Sirenia on the other hand, my... I didn't know what to think. Do I stand alone, if I say, that they weren't that great live?
behemoth_zZz

PostPosted: 25/10/2007, 10:00 pm Post subject: MFVF 5 ... a few days after Reply with quote

Fewic wrote:

Sirenia on the other hand, my... I didn't know what to think. Do I stand alone, if I say, that they weren't that great live?

I agree, to some extent...
I really liked their show just because I like their (early) music so much and hadn't seen them before.
But I was expecting a bit more indeed. The choir pieces maybe were a bit too silent and the singer just isn't Fabienne or Henriette :p
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 26/10/2007, 07:59 am Post subject: MFVF 5 ... a few days after Reply with quote

The good things:

Flowing Tears were amazing!!!Helen's vocals were shocking, i didn't expect her to do so good grunts
I hope to see them again in MFVF (they are releasing a new album next year)

Draconian!!Even though they were many problems they were great!!Lisa's vocals were sooooo good, so delicate!And Anders grunts of course
Same with them, I would want to see them again in MFVF (new album on January 2008)

Tourettes!!OMFG, she was a woman!!!!!That's all i can say

The food ladies were so kind
The signing sessions were good for those who didn't have a VIP pass
And the wristband was good (i had to cut it to take it off)

The bad things:

Valkyre were quite boring for me, not good
Charlotte (Delain) killed all the songs
Sirenia's last song was cut by the organisation and it was Sister Nightfall (many people's fav song)
The bus!!!The bus left on Saturday before 12!!We couldn't get out easily with so many people in LE show and we missed it!!We have to take a cab and paid 90 euros to go to Brussels
The cancellations!So many cancellation, I don't know who's fault is that by the organisation should take mesures about that so bands don't cancel that easily for no reasons
(Why did Imperia and Benedictum cancel?)

Visit poster’s website MSN
LegendLand

PostPosted: 26/10/2007, 12:22 pm Post subject: MFVF 5 ... a few days after Reply with quote

sirenia were bad, but i already expected it because i saw them at summer breeze festival in august...

wth was the singer doing?
look at the old nightwish.. tarja always used to sing the choirparts, too..
why didn´t she do it aswell?
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 11:18 am Post subject: MFVF 5 ... a few days after

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website