Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008
Goto page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 14
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6
Previous topic :: Next topic
ManOnTheMoon

PostPosted: 21/10/2008, 07:19 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Are there already new bandnames except Whyzdom ? :p
Because past year we knew a couple of bands just after the festival :p

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know sometimes it frightens me when you say my name and I can't see you ?
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 21/10/2008, 07:19 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Calandryll

PostPosted: 21/10/2008, 10:25 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

The two days have been fantastic. I really enjoyed most of the shows, especially White Skull (waited so long to see them) and Girlschool on Sunday. Bad luck with Midnattsol and their traffic jam.

I think for next year Visions of Atlantis are already confirmed and I hope midnattsol will play in 2009.

And I suggest Elexorien for next year to play.

Welcome To Your Own Hell
Visit poster’s website
behemoth_zZz

PostPosted: 22/10/2008, 12:44 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

I only went on saturday and I have to say it was a great day as usual.
Overall, this might have been the best one I've seen so far though. Markize, Kells and especially Atargatis surprised me in a good way.
Too bad about the traffic problems, but I'm eternally grateful for having seen DSO, even if only for about 20-30 minutes. They were just amazing.

So thank you Phil, Helcanen and everyone else involved for yet another great edition Very Happy
And may the tradition continue.

Just a small question though, was it just my feeling or were there indeed less people present compared to the last 2-3 years?
It could also be that the podium was set up a bit further, making the hall bigger, but I got the impression that there were fewer people this year.
Lady

PostPosted: 22/10/2008, 12:57 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

I suggest The Birthday Massacre for next year! ;-)
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 23/10/2008, 10:11 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

now that I'm rested I should make my review of the venue

Good
1. The bus, even though with the traffic jam, eerything was perfect, checking lists, waiting for people, not leaving earlier etc. Waaaaay better than last year. Also the minibus idea was EXCELLENT, I really enjoyed it!
2. Some bands were amazing!!!!DSO, Why she kills, Dylath-Leen, Eths. Great shows, good light and sound
3. Crew members were so helpful

Bad
1. The line-up. I think it showed that there were much fewer people than other years and I believe it is due to the lack of interesting bands and small bands taking many places (Kells, Markize, Atargatis, Ethernity, Macbeth)
2. I thought this year less VIP were sold but to me it seemed that there were more people in VIP area than inside the venue

Suggestion:
Maybe next year instead of having two seperate days you could mix the styles. Cause there were very few people on Sunday (also due to lack of headliner)
Maybe you could tell the bands that they can sign stuff in VIP area cause there were some bands that were saying "no photos, no signs, we'll have a signing session sometime later"

From 1 to 10 I give this edition a 5 (MFVF3 gets a 9 and MFVF5 gets a 7 -due to cancellations-)
I hope for more interesting metal bands next time like DSO that had the crowd rocking even for such a short set

Side note:
Why did Eths do such a short show?I know they said something but didn't really understand

Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 23/10/2008, 07:46 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

For the line up, we listened more to the visitors wishes ... but again, the choices depends of the music style you liked.
Some dislike DSO, but enjoyed a lot Macbeth, etc ...

To be honnest, I watched the show of Ethernity, and for teenagers they are pretty good !
This is not my fav music style, but I stay objective.
Don't forget that these bands won the warm up contest last year.

Press area : Less VIP tickets sold than last year, so maybe too much press and photo pass requested.

Eths : the guitarist announced something probably in French.
French bands always forgot to speak in English when they are not in France. Laughing
I heard that he recently knows that he's diabetic and wasn't able to play more (due to the chock and health condition).
A pity, as there were "encores" asking.

Depends of the bands who said no to the pictures, it's surprising Shocked

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
sulygaroo

PostPosted: 24/10/2008, 12:28 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Hi!! i was this week-end at the MFVF for the first time and i enjoyed it!!
About Eths, one of the guitarist had a Tendinitis that's why they were obliged to stop the show unfortunately!
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 24/10/2008, 09:34 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

As you see, explanations are different when you heard from a person, who heard from another etc ... Very Happy

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 24/10/2008, 09:46 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Yeah I did understand it was about the guitarist but couldn't understand what it was!Pity but it was an amazing show (hey Helcanen you were right, Candice is WOW on stage)

sulygaroo

PostPosted: 24/10/2008, 11:09 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

When eths stopped the show,candice explained in french the reason why.
She said it was about the guitarist's tendinitis, and after at the signing session, i talked to them about that.
However it was an amazing show!
It was not the first time for me to see eths on stage
And i really enjoyed this festival with epica,tarja and many other bands!
congratulations to the organizers
Liez

PostPosted: 24/10/2008, 11:50 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

This year was my first time at MFVF and I realy had a good time!
The cancellation of Midnattsol was a pity, but Epica and Tarja were just fantastic!
Hopefully now more traffic jams next time ^^
mayfair

PostPosted: 24/10/2008, 07:36 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Somehow I totally missed the traffic jam and diversions.

MFVF5 was the best - driving back through a building site was highly entertaining!

Once again I had a great time at MFVF and have many great memories of the festival. So many great performances by bands that I had not heard before

Thanks to the organisers - the festival always has a great relaxed friendly atmosphere, and things flowed realtively smoothely, even with all the problems.
Erik Schepers

PostPosted: 27/10/2008, 07:29 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Calandryll wrote:
And I suggest Elexorien for next year to play.

Elexorien should play next year. Just not at MFVF 7.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 05:10 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website