Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 612, 13, 14  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6
Previous topic :: Next topic
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 12/03/2008, 03:48 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

MFVF6 french forumposted by Phil

Yay for dylath-leen, blah for macbeth (are they even extreme??)
I'd like more "mid" bands in the first day, they isn't any wow band except DSO and Tarja
Get Unexpect and Autumn Razz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 12/03/2008, 03:48 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Nemesis

PostPosted: 12/03/2008, 03:51 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
MFVF6 french forumposted by Phil

Yay for dylath-leen, blah for macbeth (are they even extreme??)
I'd like more "mid" bands in the first day, they isn't any wow band except DSO and Tarja

and i have exactly the same feeling concerning day 1. oh well, more sleepy time and whoring around this year then.

Macbeth... is that the Macbeth with that album called Superangelicsomething? hmm... if that's extreme, K3 is pure necroblack metal. Laughing

and OTEP is for real? like 100% confirmed?

Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 12/03/2008, 03:54 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

I guess its 100% real since Phil is the organisator then he knows better Cool

They should really de-book Visions of Atlantis and get a decent band (not another small-copycat band)

Nemesis

PostPosted: 12/03/2008, 03:58 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

i see. well, since they're confirmed they better show up then. i'm still not fully recovered from the Benedictum bonanza...

have VoA found a new singer yet? they do need one if they still want to perform, right?

i have a hunch Autumn may show up this year. perhaps even as co-headliner. just for the hell of it. everyone's seen Epica by now anyway.

Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 12/03/2008, 04:02 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

As far as I know they don't have a new singer, but without Melissa they are just a NW copycat band (imo of course)
Well if Autumn and another good band is confirmed for first day I'll come for sure, but flying from Greece for just DSO is Confused

Sadly I realised that whatever people suggest here or else where doesn't really matter since the comitte chooses the bands

Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 12/03/2008, 04:30 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
Sadly I realised that whatever people suggest here or else where doesn't really matter since the comitte chooses the bands

Don't forget that the band suggestions topic was opened by a fan Wink
You are a little bit wrong, suggestions were well taken under consideration, people asked for bands like DSO, Tarja, VoA, Midnattsol, Otep, Macbeth etc ...
Some very requested bands like AF, WT, NW, Alight, Dendura etc ... were unable to perform this year.

Don't forget that we can't book bands from USA, Australia for only 1 date, or at least if they are not a little bit famous.
And, this forum represents only a part of the audience, maybe 10% Rolling Eyes

VOA will perform if they have a singer of course, they are working on this (ùaybe they already found, I don't know)

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 12/03/2008, 06:32 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Yeah, you are right

I'll just wait for the other bands to get confirmed and see if I'll moan or suck it Razz
My imagination goes faaaaaar, maybe AF are united two months earlier for a show in MFVF6 Mr. Green

Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 13/03/2008, 09:51 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Well, when I read those sad reactions (and even you have right to tell what you think), don't be surprised if promoters still not motivate to build a festival !
Especially a fest like MFVF, as it's more difficult to build a big billing, because no Slayer, Iron Maiden, whatever....

Just to inform you, but it isn't easy to book all the bands we would like to invite, and if you don't want to attend MFVF, because you don't like that band or that band, it's up to you !

We've to take care about so many different kind of Metal, and of course we'll never see you all happy.

When I go to a festival, it's not only because I want to attend a show of a band, I go also to see my friends, to talk, take a drink with them etc...

If people just come to see famous bands & don't want to discover new bands, it's too bad !
I'm NOT surprised then, to see a lot of times the same names all over the world, because young/new bands never receive trust from the audience, and promoters.
We book bands without a deal with label, launch young bands, and we're proud of it.

During the 80's I NEVER HEARD a real METAL fan complaining about a bill of a festival, we were there for ambiance, headbanging etc....

And this year, people who'll not be there, will regret it !
We're busy to build a very special stage, with big screen, special effects, and the whole MFVF 6 will be recorded, to release a dvd + live cd !!!
Prisoner

PostPosted: 13/03/2008, 10:46 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

OTEP!!!

Must agree that the first day seems boring

Kittie and Macbeth in extreme day? Confused [/code]
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 13/03/2008, 11:20 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

We can't call it an extreme day, but a day for the bands that are not especially "Gothic", were you can make headbanging.
Girlschool, White Skull, Ethernity ... aren't extreme, but are a liitle apart from the traditionnal day.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Prisoner

PostPosted: 13/03/2008, 11:30 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

ooh ok, i thought it was like past year

other than the co-headliner, the other band left is big or small?
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 13/03/2008, 11:44 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

That depends of the answer, it could be a co-headliner or a smaller.
We hope to know that asap, so that I can work on the definitive promotion.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 13/03/2008, 12:02 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Well, when I read those sad reactions (and even you have right to tell what you think), don't be surprised if promoters still not motivate to build a festival !
Especially a fest like MFVF, as it's more difficult to build a big billing, because no Slayer, Iron Maiden, whatever....

Just to inform you, but it isn't easy to book all the bands we would like to invite, and if you don't want to attend MFVF, because you don't like that band or that band, it's up to you !

We've to take care about so many different kind of Metal, and of course we'll never see you all happy.

When I go to a festival, it's not only because I want to attend a show of a band, I go also to see my friends, to talk, take a drink with them etc...

If people just come to see famous bands & don't want to discover new bands, it's too bad !

You got me wrong, i'll come either way to meet my friends and see at least one band that I love, DSO
Its just that I've seen the fest with better bands and I know bands out there that really want to play this fest and they are better/bigger (of course that's personal opinion) than Atargatis, VoA, Kells and L'ame
But i understand it can also be a budget problem if some bands want more money or live far away from the fest

Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 13/03/2008, 09:29 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Phil wrote:

Actually, meeting people from another forum (Sonic Cathedral) is the main reason for me to attend this festival and also has been last year, 2004 and 2005 (I skipped MFVF 4). As far as the bands confirmed are concerned, I might as well stay at home. Well, maybe one band or another might surprise me in a positive way.

Quote:
We're busy to build a very special stage, with big screen, special effects, and the whole MFVF 6 will be recorded, to release a dvd + live cd !!!

Instead of big screens and special effects, I'd prefer a place where I can have a rest and relax, also my ears (in spite of the fact that I'll be using earplugs anyway), somewhere in between - maybe a tent (preferably heated) somewhere outside the hall would be convenient. It does get very tiring, if you have to stand all day long - sitting on the floor isn't a very comfortable alternative. Also, if you wanted to have a conversation with someone at the previous festivals, you usually had to go outside (into the cold) - at least while bands were performing, which was most of the time. So it would be nice to have place where you can sit down and talk without having to scream to each other in order to make yourself understandable.

Helcanen wrote:
Girlschool, White Skull, Ethernity ... aren't extreme, but are a liitle apart from the traditionnal day.

Well, maybe you could say that Girlschool are extremely old. Mr. Green I think they have been around for about 30 years by now.

Is there still a slight hope that Madder Mortem might get one of the free slots? They are undisputably one of the most original female-fronted metal bands, featuring one of the most powerful female voices in metal, and I think they are really overdue to play at this festival. I know that tastes are different and that you can't fulfil everyone's wishes, but I'd say they'd slay nearly any other band confirmed thus far.
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 15/03/2008, 04:44 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008 Reply with quote

Burkhard wrote:

Is there still a slight hope that Madder Mortem might get one of the free slots? They are undisputably one of the most original female-fronted metal bands, featuring one of the most powerful female voices in metal, and I think they are really overdue to play at this festival. I know that tastes are different and that you can't fulfil everyone's wishes, but I'd say they'd slay nearly any other band confirmed thus far.

+1
MM are perfect for headbanging and Agnette's voice can really shake that place

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 05:31 am Post subject: MFVF 6 - 18 & 19th October 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 612, 13, 14  >
Page 5 of 14

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website