Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF 6 questions-answers
Goto page: <  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6
Previous topic :: Next topic
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 19/08/2008, 05:56 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers Reply with quote

Yes, all are confirmed.
The booker of Otep told us that the band should add the date on their website, finally ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 19/08/2008, 05:56 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Solymn

PostPosted: 31/08/2008, 08:56 pm Post subject: Backstage pass Reply with quote

Hi there,

Last year I went to mfvf for the first time basically just to see Epica, but all of the other groups turned out to be wonderful...

This year I'm going again and I bought a VIP ticket just to get backstage. I was wondering how 'backstage' you can go? Can you get an autograph like the band being behind a velvet rope and you asking from afar just to sign something? Or can you basically walk up to the bands and say something like 'hi, nice to meet you' ?

I also didn't notice a different row for the vip's near the entrance while I was waiting in line... Where exactly should I go?

Thanx
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 01/09/2008, 07:44 am Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers Reply with quote

backstage area is divided into 2 areas: Vip/press area and band area.
For the vip/press area, you need a vip/press/photo pass. Here you will find tables and chairs, where you can have your hot meal. Band members are
most of the time visiting this area once in a while to have a chat with their fans. Contact is very close, in this way.
The band area is only accessable with an artist/all area pass. Only artists and important promoters get this kind of pass.
Visit poster’s website MSN
ManOnTheMoon

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 10:58 am Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers Reply with quote

Why isn't there a small stage anymore ?

Did you know sometimes it frightens me when you say my name and I can't see you ?
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 11:01 am Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers Reply with quote

For practical reasons : 2 sound systems + 2 backline + everything in double.

Better to gather all on 1 stage, sound is better, change over are a little bit longer and this let more time to rest between all bands etc ...
And, for the visual, it's really better Smile

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Zvetiki

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 01:49 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
For practical reasons : 2 sound systems + 2 backline + everything in double.

Better to gather all on 1 stage, sound is better, change over are a little bit longer and this let more time to rest between all bands etc ...

If there is only one stage, there is always the problem that people are interested only in a few bands are nevertheless camping in the front row for the whole day. With separate stages, that is less of a problem: The natural flow between the stages results in the front rows being composed more of bands of the currently playing band, which provides a better atmosphere in the audience. That's my experience with the bands in the middle of the running order in festivals, anyway.
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 02:27 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers Reply with quote

Yes, but a small stage means that there are always troubles between bands because 1 will play later than others even if it's a small band etc ...
We can't place Epica or Tarja on a small stage for the example.

People who camp front stage are not so much, the day is really full and is too hard to camp during a lot of hours there.
In addition, there are signing sessions, so they should move sometimes.

Did you already visit the festival ?

From my side (and I'm not alone), I prefer seing this kind of stage, than 2 small Wink

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 02:36 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
Yes, but a small stage means that there are always troubles between bands because 1 will play later than others even if it's a small band etc ...
We can't place Epica or Tarja on a small stage for the example.

People who camp front stage are not so much, the day is really full and is too hard to camp during a lot of hours there.
In addition, there are signing sessions, so they should move sometimes.

From my side (and I'm not alone), I prefer seing this kind of stage, than 2 small Wink

I totally agree. Towards the bands, it gives much more appreciation. Putting a band on a 'smaller stage' makes them feel like a band 'not that important' AND it provides a larger first row of people, so more fans get the opportunity to follow their favourite band from the first row Okay
Zvetiki

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 05:03 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:

Yes, both in 2006 with two stages and in 2007 with one larger stage. Overall, I prefered the two-stage layout, but it's OK if I'm in the minority with that. Wink
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 06:58 pm Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers Reply with quote

Didn't go to any MFVF when 2 stages but went last year and it was awesome (Except Autumn couldn't make it) Dejafuse then next year please!!!! Okay
But I was at the front for Battlelore, Delain, Epica and it was quite easy also getting there. I feel again that it will not be a problem this year.

Cheers Keith47424
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 05:30 am Post subject: MFVF 6 questions-answers

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website