Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEW AUTUMN SINGER

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> General (English) -> General
Previous topic :: Next topic
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 29/02/2008, 05:59 pm Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

taken from MetalBlade.de

Marjan Welman is the new singer of AUTUMN. She replaces Nienke de Jong, who recently announced her departure from the band.

Within the Dutch rock scene Marjan is considered to be a promising talent with her warm voice and perfect timing. Her recent vocal contribution on the Ayreon album ‘01011001’ received outstanding reviews and shows a singer who stands her ground between a selection of highly acclaimed international vocalists. Marjan will make her stage debut with Autumn at a number of major summer festivals such as Wacken Open Air, Metal Gothic Palace and Summer Breeze. She will be fully involved in the writing process of the follow up record to “My New Time”. Marjan will also keep performing with Dutch band Elister.

The band comments the beginning of a new chapter as follows: “We are very proud to welcome Marjan as the new singer of AUTUMN! As it wasn’t easy to fill the gap Nienke left behind, we took our time to find the best possible replacement. Marjan quickly became one of our favourites. She stole our hearts during the first audition with her enthusiasm and powerful rendition of AUTUMN songs. After auditioning some other remarkable singers, it became clear Marjan had all the qualities we were looking for. She is one of the best-kept secrets in the Dutch music scene and we are delighted to write the next chapter for the big AUTUMN book with her.

Marjan comments her engagement in AUTUMN as follows: “A little while ago, Jens contacted me and asked if I might be interested in auditioning for AUTUMN. I was shocked. “Who, me?” I felt honoured that they would consider me a candidate. He sent me ‘My New Time’ from which I already heard a few songs through myspace. After listening to the entire album once, I realized I wanted to take the amazing opportunity that was right in front of me. On the day of the audition, car trouble threatened to spoil the party. Luckily, we managed to get the audition started without too much delay. After singing away the remaining nerves I also got the chance to enjoy it all. I was struck by the relaxed atmosphere! On my way back I could only hope that they would pick me, and so they did... To also become a part of AUTUMN in addition to Elister feels wonderful and I hope that we’ll do great things!”

----------------------

Marjan is a very talented young girl!!Her contribution in the new Ayreon was outstanding

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 29/02/2008, 05:59 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Frozen

PostPosted: 29/02/2008, 06:03 pm Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

I like her voice! What about Autumn at MFVF now? Very Happy
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 01/03/2008, 09:03 am Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

^^ooh yes please

(i'm so confused everytime i see your username)

Nemesis

PostPosted: 01/03/2008, 05:51 pm Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

ooo! Marjan's a good singer and worthy of this new position.

and +1 @ Autumn@MFVF6

Visit poster’s website
Stilzkin

PostPosted: 10/08/2008, 10:24 am Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
ooo! Marjan's a good singer and worthy of this new position.

and +1 @ Autumn@MFVF6

Yes, she realy is ! i have seen her live on wacken 2008 and i realy like her voice, i had the chance to talk with the band and she's realy nice Smile
MSN
Calandryll

PostPosted: 15/10/2008, 10:13 pm Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

I've seen them on Summer Breeze, and I think she has charisma and a real good voice.

Welcome To Your Own Hell
Visit poster’s website
dhiraaz

PostPosted: 27/07/2009, 12:08 pm Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

i liked your nice singing voice.

baby boomer
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 11/08/2009, 10:57 pm Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

if you haven't seen Autumn with Marjan live yet I can assure you that you'll be surprised! the girl can sing! And she sings amazingly!

ehsan11

PostPosted: 13/09/2009, 06:29 am Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

Hi man,

I like this site. I like her voices very much. I wont to here more nice voives.

Thank you

emergency dentists
the wounded immortal

PostPosted: 29/10/2009, 06:56 pm Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

I am an autumn fan from their first album.
Their second was ok but not as good as the first.
Their third album was amazing. really can they do better?
Their last album came out and I bought it the first day, a massive dissapointment. The album is really boring and you miss the power of nienke 's voice.

So I was curious to see them live. I talked with marjan before the show and she is great but will she do it live? Well she did. Autumn was very good, but the new songs fail. Also live.
Visit poster’s website
Erik Schepers

PostPosted: 01/11/2009, 10:28 pm Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

Actually, I believe Autumn has been getting better and better after each album. Each to his own I suppose.

On a side note, if you liked their 3rd album, you must have liked at least one of the songs from Altitude.
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 24/11/2009, 08:08 pm Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

I Totally agree with Erik
Autumn with Marjan are amazing and the music fits her voice perfectly
And as a bonus we get another great band with Nienke: Dejafuse

taggart10

PostPosted: 30/11/2009, 12:09 am Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

Different people have different taste. To me, Altitude is the best Autumn album so far. The lyrics are quite intelligent, and Marjan's relaxed vocals fit well with the thoughtful mood of the album. Autumn was actually my favorite performance at MFVF 7.
halkhata987

PostPosted: 29/03/2010, 07:26 am Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

Their second was ok but not as good as the first.
Their third album was amazing. really can they do better?
Their last album came out and I bought it the first day, a massive dissapointment. The album is really boring and you miss the power of nienke 's voice.

Edinburgh Accommodation
NBA and NCAA Picks
Visit poster’s website
hasanahmed

PostPosted: 03/05/2010, 07:24 am Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER Reply with quote

She has very nice voice. I feel good to hear her song..
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:02 am Post subject: NEW AUTUMN SINGER

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> General (English) -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website