Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Accommodation options
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6
Previous topic :: Next topic
stikmatix

PostPosted: 27/03/2008, 12:48 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

OK so already thinking ahead a bit.

Could somebody please advise as to whether it is easier to stay in Aalst or Dendermonde? I won't have a car and will be alone so will rely upon public transport, taxis and getting a lift.

Thanks!
Publicité

PostPosted: 27/03/2008, 12:48 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 27/03/2008, 02:05 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

taxis????
Noooooo, you'll regret it Laughing
I suggest that you stay in one place that a MFVF bus leaves from, like Brussels center
In Aalst there is the Ibis hotel but I don't recall that a MFVF bus leaves from there (at least not when i was staying for MFVF3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Nemesis

PostPosted: 27/03/2008, 02:15 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

i stayed in Brouwershuis in Wieze last year. dirt-cheap (15-20 euros a night), breakfast included, and only a minute away from the venue. if you want luxury, don't go there (i was wondering if they actually heard of vaccuum cleaners there haha), but it's a good accomodation for just the 2 nights if you ask me.

Visit poster’s website
stikmatix

PostPosted: 27/03/2008, 03:01 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

I was debating staying in Brussels and catching the bus but it depends a lot on what time the bus will leave.

I'll be flying in early on the Saturday morning arriving in Brussels airport at 07:45 so will have to get out the airport, get into Brussels, get to the hotel to leave my bag and get to where the bus leaves. I think it's too big a time gamble, that's why I was asking about Aalst and Dendermonde.

What's up with the taxis - expensive or unreliable or both?!

As for the place in Wieze, I'm considering it, although was hoping to stay somewhere nice as it's a weekend away from husband and kids, so I want to pamper myself a bit Smile
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 27/03/2008, 05:04 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

taxis are my nightmare since I got back from Belgium
Imagine that you'll pay 100 euros from Zaventem airport to Wieze

Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 27/03/2008, 05:35 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

I know that there are a lot of people staying in Aalst near the station, so probably trying to get in contact with some people who stay there isn't a bad idea.
There are always nice people to drive you Wink

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
behemoth_zZz

PostPosted: 08/04/2008, 09:53 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

Last year, we went to Aalst on foot (took a little more than an hour if I recall correctly) and there we took a taxi to Gent which cost about 70 euro. We had reserved the taxi in advance though. It might be more expensive if you don't.
If I would have lived farther than Gent, I'd probably have searched something in Aalst to sleep.
I'm not sure about the hotels in Aalst though, but I assume there should be a few in several price ranges. Although Brussels and Gent will give you much more choice ofc.
I assume the price for a taxi to Brussels is about the same compared to Gent, since the distance isn't that much more.
But if you would take a taxi, I'd really try to order it at least a day in advance and arrange a price on the phone.
richardRI

PostPosted: 23/04/2008, 05:40 pm Post subject: place to stay Reply with quote

We will be staying at 't Slaapmutske,contact Luc at info@tslaapmutske.be, website www.tslaapmutske.be I believe he still has singles and doubles still available for 17th,18th and 19th. We will booking a taxi from there to the venue and back for the two days. The prices are listed on the website.
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/2008, 03:05 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

Hotels' list here :
www.aalst.be
www.dendermonde.be

Any other suggestions ?

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 02/05/2008, 06:24 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

Well still waiting to hear about coaches from Brussels. However I have booked the Ibis at Brussels Central with their "Happy 30" offer.

Cheers Keith47424
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 03/05/2008, 07:08 am Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

We will not work again with Braux, people and us were unhappy with them.
And I doubt that a lot will book again if this is the same company.
We are busy to look for another one, serious, not easy. Also, finding better prices should be great.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 03/05/2008, 02:21 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

^^I suppose this is about the buses Razz

and yes they totally ruined some fun for us (leaving earlier, missing it)

Stilzkin

PostPosted: 06/06/2008, 04:34 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
i stayed in Brouwershuis in Wieze last year. dirt-cheap (15-20 euros a night), breakfast included, and only a minute away from the venue. if you want luxury, don't go there (i was wondering if they actually heard of vaccuum cleaners there haha), but it's a good accomodation for just the 2 nights if you ask me.

sounds good enough for me Razz i will be staying 1 or 2 nights not sure yet..
MSN
MisanthropiA

PostPosted: 22/06/2008, 12:49 am Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

I hope there will be coaches this year around again... I was wondering: can anyone recall which cities did the buses depart from last year? I think coming from Holland, Brussels will be the closest (as in, a city where the buses do depart from, of course)? I need to book a hotel real soon, so this info will be highly appreciated.
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 22/06/2008, 05:49 pm Post subject: Accommodation options Reply with quote

I don't think that there will be again bus shuttles.
We got too many troubles to managed it, and we always have to pay the mistakes of the bus company.
There is not guaranty that they won't leave earlier in the evening, so we can't work like this.
We don't have any other contact, and I doubt that people will trust again Braux.

So, now we think that gathering a lot of people to do car sharing is not a bad idea.
For those who have to rent a car, why not thinking about a bigger one and share the costs with others ?

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:06 am Post subject: Accommodation options

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6 All times are GMT
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website