Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6
Previous topic :: Next topic
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 06:47 am Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

source: their site.

"Metal Female Voices Fest (edition 6) has been added to our giglist! We look very much forward to be part of this great festival again."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go visit my site (regularly updated): www.pbase.com/timsphotos
OFFICIAL MFVF PHOTOGRAPHER
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 06:47 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Vlien
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 10:46 am Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

After the shows in The Hague and Eindhoven I don't know if I will have the energy to stand on first row during a whole day, just for Epica and Mitnattsol..
(Since VOA seems gone..)

I actually think I am skipping MFVF this year.

Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 11:58 am Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

why epica again???they were in mfvf last year, what's the point to do the same show again?
Not to say that they have A TON of shows around BeNeLux

they could add a more interesting band to replace VoA Sad

Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 12:18 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

I understand the organisation perfectly. Fans love Epica and Visions of Atlantis mentioned weeks/months ago that the new singer would be revealed soon. With 'soon' we understand 'shortly, in a couple of days', not months later, just before the festival. I think the organisation has made an excellent decision by not taking any risks this time.
Most people adore Epica, so just face it. No one obliges you to check out their show.

Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 12:24 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

And you are totally missing my point
someone that wants to see epica can catch a full show anywhere since they play many many shows
A band that doesn't play much could be more attractive

Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 12:36 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

As far is I know, Epica had no shows scheduled for Belgium any more, so now that problem seems to be fixed Smile

Zvetiki

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 01:50 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

Gothtim wrote:
Visions of Atlantis mentioned weeks/months ago that the new singer would be revealed soon. With 'soon' we understand 'shortly, in a couple of days', not months later, just before the festival.

Yep. I asked in June about a Plan B, as VoA was not about to get their act together, and got the answer:
Helcanen wrote:
VOA will play, they confirmed me that, and they should announce something on their website these next days.

It seems the organisers were shafted by VoA (though we know only this side of the story). I would have liked to see VoA, but given the apparent lack of a backup option in June, Epica is at least a good replacement for a lot of the fans. Yes, what happened is bad and should not have happened, but the outcome is not really that bad in my opinion.
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 02:01 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

I share your opinion Okay

Ichigo

PostPosted: 27/08/2008, 02:28 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

It's a good thing for the festival ! Epica always bring so many people ! I was disappointed when I saw there was no show in Belgium in their upcoming tour and I didn't want to go to the Pukkelpop only for them, so I'm looking forward to seeing them again ! Smile

To dance all the night in the midnight sun, that is my dream...
Visit poster’s website Skype
Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 28/08/2008, 05:20 am Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

We don't know if those informations come from OTEP directly, but the management (after signed the contract, received the advanced payment etc...) don't see where is their interest to play in Europe.
Since we get a deal with them (April), we asked them so many times to add the date of MFVF on their website/myspace, but they never do that !!!
We contacted the official fan club of Otep (registered on their website), they wasn't informed about the show !!!

We are busy to try to find a good replacement, and if this don't work, or we'll reduce the price, or....

EPICA was the ONLY ONE big band able to play MFVF (I know, someone of you will say again, these people think it's easy to organize a festival...they're wrong) !
In the next tour of EPICA, no date was forseen in Belgium (Ichigo is right), and they'll provide you a fantastic show again !
They'll attract a lot of people, and it can safe something.

As After Forever can't play, just tell us which band will attract (approx) the same number of fans than EPICA ???
Nightwish, Lacuna Coïl (and others) aren't free, and too much expensive.

VOA, we're afraid they'll not be ready, and we prefer to invite them later, with a new album & their official new singer !
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 28/08/2008, 06:37 am Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

as a replacement for Otep (read: a band to fill the bill): Unsun (new great band, just signed with Century Media) or Animal Alpha (they rock so hardly)

Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 28/08/2008, 12:12 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

Oooh yeah Animal Alpha would be great!They kick some asses
But i'm afraid they won't replace Otep's place Confused

Lathiaran

PostPosted: 28/08/2008, 08:34 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

How about Arkona?, is a Russian band of pagan/folk metal, with female singer of course, and I think they are kinda popular. (http://www.arkona-russia.com/)

On topic, I'm sorry that VOA couldn't find a singer in time, but I understand that is dificult to find a singer with this kind of voice
Peter

PostPosted: 31/08/2008, 06:52 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

Epica yes good Very Happy

Otep Evil or Very Mad shit they cancelled again after GMM.

Carpe diem
Visit poster’s website
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 31/08/2008, 07:56 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6 Reply with quote

It seems that they are involved in political stufs, and oct-nov. is the election period in USA, somebody told me that it could be the reason why they are not interested to come, but again it's only a supposition.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 03:55 pm Post subject: EPICA CONFIRMED FOR MFVF6

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6 All times are GMT
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website