Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Time Schedule
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6
Previous topic :: Next topic
Disgraced

PostPosted: 11/09/2008, 12:18 pm Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

Hi guys!
i just noticed that the time schedule has been published and i thought "why not?" and came here to express some opinions of mine. It's not the first time i write here (but my previous account has been deleted or something like that) and that other time it didn't go so well because another user misunderstood my to-the-core attitude in saying things with grandeur or desire to spread bad feelings; hope it doesn't happen again.
Going straight to the point: is it possible that no one notice that L'Ame Immortelle might be, ah, a little bit too high in the bill? And without having the slightest heavy metal feature but only a sort of gothic rock feeling thanks to the latest albums. So, a miracle! Rolling Eyes
Ok, now let me point out a couple of things before i get attacked with the usual blahblah:
- i like l'ame immortelle (not the latest stuff though)
- i'm not a denim and leather metalhead who thinks that only true metal is the reason of staying alive and so on, and on, and on, and on (kind like céline dion's echo roaming in the air Very Happy )
- i'm not basing my thesis on my personal likes but on facts i believe are objective

So, why a band that has nothing to do with the scene has to almost dominate the bill? After a band who's working damn hard since years and that has a strong and long history in the grounds of gothic metal, which, i believe no one can deny it, together with the most symphonic branches of metal most contributed to the rise of women behind a metal mic?
i really don't understand that, apart from such commercial and money-related stories that surely have to do with it (it reminds me of the the gathering matter some years ago); and even in that case, from what i read on the web, LAI don't have so many fans in the metal crowds.

I mean, i'm the first to promote a good mixing between musical genres, festival bills, etc., a pair of example that are enough for all: this year's metalcamp in tolmin, slovenia, saw subway to sally and six feet under, in extremo and tankard, apocalyptica and iced earth; the wave gotik treffen puts up since years tons of bands of all the dark genres, which are really many Exclamation without excluding the closest acts in metal that may appeal the whole celebration.

To finish - i swear Embarassed - i guess we all agree that LAI are female fronted but being this a metal fest and lacking them of metal elements, is there really the need to put them so high?
Rolling Eyes
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 11/09/2008, 12:18 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 11/09/2008, 01:12 pm Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

i agree with you in the view that bands like trail of tears with years of contribution in female fronted metal is before L'ame immortelle but lets not forget about the popularity of each band
I'm not from BeNeLux but i think LAI is more popular/famous in those countries + german
I might be wrong though

But as I see it now, the first isn't all about metal, with the second day balancing it

And i want to note that i'm not a fan of LAI Razz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Disgraced

PostPosted: 17/09/2008, 11:40 am Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

thanks for your reply, froozen-me! Well, of course me too, i don't exactly know how popular LAI are in those countries; from what i read here and there on the web, not so much. At least in a metal contest, it's pretty obvious that if you make a poll among the M'era Luna visitors the'd end up being very loved. if they were so popular i'd then wonder why their promoters don't organize a full tour across europe... Rolling Eyes
Visit poster’s website
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 17/09/2008, 03:01 pm Post subject: Re: Time Schedule Reply with quote

Disgraced wrote:
It's not the first time i write here (but my previous account has been deleted or something like that) and that other time it didn't go so well because another user misunderstood my to-the-core attitude in saying things with grandeur or desire to spread bad feelings; hope it doesn't happen again.

I didn't deleted any account, except 1 these last week but only due to spam messages (nothing related to the fest, sales of Nike shoes or something like that Confused ). Nobody else on this forum could have done it, so maybe a bug, or link clicked by error on a e-mail you get ... who knows.
This is the first time it happens, and hoping the last one Smile

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 17/09/2008, 03:12 pm Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

Disgraced wrote:
thanks for your reply, froozen-me! Well, of course me too, i don't exactly know how popular LAI are in those countries; from what i read here and there on the web, not so much. At least in a metal contest, it's pretty obvious that if you make a poll among the M'era Luna visitors the'd end up being very loved. if they were so popular i'd then wonder why their promoters don't organize a full tour across europe... Rolling Eyes

LAI is quite famous, and is there since a long time.
For Belgium, Netherlands, Germany this normal I think.
They also sing in German ... maybe a reason why some bands are famous in some place and not in other.

On cd, they could be less Metal, but on stage this is different.
A lot of Metalheads requested this band, because some like also electronic elements.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 11:02 am Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

TIME SCHEDULE is updated (Sunday).

You can sleep a little bit longer, and get back earlier.
We add a few more time for some bands too.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 11:54 am Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

the curfew is still the same for sunday?

Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 02:07 pm Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

I will check that, but for sure, after Girlschool set we start to build down everything.
There still always time for people to have a drink before that the big material is moved.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 02:51 pm Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

that's what I thought, cause the curfew is still at 23h and Girlschool finish at 22h

Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 18/09/2008, 02:58 pm Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

For the example, last year, the staff finished to build down the Viking ship at around 2 or 3am Confused

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Disgraced

PostPosted: 19/09/2008, 11:37 am Post subject: Re: Time Schedule Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
Disgraced wrote:
It's not the first time i write here (but my previous account has been deleted or something like that) and that other time it didn't go so well because another user misunderstood my to-the-core attitude in saying things with grandeur or desire to spread bad feelings; hope it doesn't happen again.

I didn't deleted any account, except 1 these last week but only due to spam messages (nothing related to the fest, sales of Nike shoes or something like that Confused ). Nobody else on this forum could have done it, so maybe a bug, or link clicked by error on a e-mail you get ... who knows.
This is the first time it happens, and hoping the last one Smile

Don't worry, no problem, i didn't mean to argue about that, i hoped that was clear! Wink More probably a mistake of mine.
Anyway, i really appreciate all your explanations, that after all you weren't obliged to give. More ora less, that's the same things i also think.
Know what? maybe i tend to overestimate the whole metal thing without considering that even here you need money to organize events, time to set things and stuff like that, and of course you have to have something back, otherwise you wouldn't be able to do it again!
I remember an interbiew to the main organisator of the gods of metal, the biggest italian metal festival Laughing and he said that they had something like one good year (=they actually earned something) in about ten years!
So, i'm aware of how the world goes and of what makes it go round. I also like electronic influences in metal or industrial.

But still, when i look at the time schedule (i repeat it, it's never enough: i don't wanna go against you who broke your asses out to put up the festival! Okay ) and see that edenbridge play before a band that has one album and one ep out... well, i simply don't find it right, you know?

And p.s., yes, believe it or not, I like both Edenbridge and DSO! Wink
Visit poster’s website
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 19/09/2008, 11:55 am Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

Everyone has the right to give his/her opinion, as long as it's constructive.
There are always people criticizing the fest, promoters (in a negative way) ... and were never involved in any event to know how it works, so that kind of opinion is unuseful.

This is not your case, as you explained why, and in a way that's true Wink
But, there are always some other reasons (booking/management/cd's sales ...)

Edenbridge has a lot of album, that's totaly right, but here in Belgium, people seem less interested.
Now, a lot started to like this band with their last album only.
They already played in Brussels a few years ago, and at that moment visitors and us were not impressed by their performance (even with a lot of albums released).
As we give always a chance to a band to proove that they are better with years, they play at MFVF6 and we will see Smile

Not easy to build a schedule, because some want to see their favourite band headlining, even if they are not famous at all Very Happy

When the festival earn something, this is only to have a bigger budget for the next year, unfortunately other small events costs money ... so there is never any benefit.
MFVF2 with Nightwish gave us the possibility to organize a bigger fest the year after, it was the bigger success with the quick sold out. No stress about money before the event, that was pretty cool Cool

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 19/09/2008, 12:00 pm Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

^^yes MFVF 3 was my fav year (concerning line-up)

Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 19/09/2008, 12:04 pm Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

Did your wear corset or latex ? Very Happy
(sorry a bad joke concerning what LC said about the fest)

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 19/09/2008, 12:06 pm Post subject: Time Schedule Reply with quote

hahaha I remember that Mr. Green
"the chick singers thought they were in opera" Laughing

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 07:01 am Post subject: Time Schedule

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6 All times are GMT
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website