Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Showing our support to the festival's organisators!

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6
Previous topic :: Next topic
Disgraced

PostPosted: 17/09/2008, 11:54 am Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

Well, i just read about kittie's dishonest behaviour (as far as i can know of course, i hope they have their good reasons), and this happens right after otep's similar cancelation. I just wanted to show you people who work hard as hell to put on a festival for this genre - if genre is the right word - all my support and my best Okay and hands-shaking for how you managed the whole situation. It's not everyday that you get concert or festival managers to handle such a situation like this.
Congratulations guys!
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 17/09/2008, 11:54 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 17/09/2008, 02:56 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

Thanks for your support Okay

In fact, we can't really say that bands are involved, it's always about booking or management.
Sometimes bands should react, but they maybe are afraid to loose their contract Rolling Eyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Disgraced

PostPosted: 19/09/2008, 11:41 am Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

Yep, i heard also this several times. Maybe it's the fact that bands who don't play popular music are afraid to lose their contracts because are afraid to not get another one...
Anyway i hope that everything will work fine, no matter what you choose to do. Okay
Visit poster’s website
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 19/09/2008, 12:02 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

That was the case of Lacuna Coil.
We tried helping them when we saw the money they received for MFVF3 (+/- 15% of the amount, normally 25% but less their hotel, less the tour manager fee)
But after, they only said that they dislike the fest because of the "gothic" people and bands with usual corsets and latex clothes
Shocked

We tried to get them this year for the heavy and extreme day (not "gothic" day Very Happy ), but booking is the same, so they want more and more money.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 19/09/2008, 02:04 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
That was the case of Lacuna Coil.
We tried helping them when we saw the money they received for MFVF3 (+/- 15% of the amount, normally 25% but less their hotel, less the tour manager fee)
But after, they only said that they dislike the fest because of the "gothic" people and bands with usual corsets and latex clothes
Shocked

What a weird attitude for Lacuna Coil to have! They're objecting to bands looking 'gothic'? Wouldn't this be like Iron Maiden complaining about people wearing denim'n'leather at a festival?

Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 19/09/2008, 02:13 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

In fact, they saw a few people looking like this, because usually there are a lot of different styles ... in 2005 I even saw old heavy metal looks (old denim jacket with a lot of patches etc ...).
But well, they come from gothic metal scene, they can't deny this Laughing

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Disgraced

PostPosted: 20/09/2008, 12:22 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

I never liked lacuna coil but never expected such a behaviour... since they also came from that "scene" they seem now to dislike... Shocked
and moreover, it shouldn't matter how the crowd is dressed! really, i can hardly believe to this thing!
Visit poster’s website
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 20/09/2008, 12:30 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

A pity ... and most of all, this is a fan who found these words in an interview for a german magazine.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 20/09/2008, 12:54 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

ooh yeah, me Mr. Green
I think i still have the article in my PMs

edit: here it is

Interviewer: "Andrea, when you played together with bands like After Forever and Epica at the super-gothic Metal Female Voices-festival, you were for sure the cock of the walk among all those lilting elves*."
(*A possibly too literal translation of the German word "Träller-Elfen". It´s a derogatory expression used by people who obviously dislike female high-register vocals.)
Andrea: "Yeah, that was sexy (laughs). But we felt out of place there. Not only, because I was the only male behind the mike. The other bands were static und exchangeable and they really didn´t rock. The males wore these typical gothic clothes and the females stood there in their huge gowns and corsets and had a go at opera singing."
Cristina: "I don´t get this anyway. It seems there´s a law among these bands that not in one single song you are allowed to try something different. That´s a useless self-restriction. A year later people will surely be fed up with this style. But I would not want to do this festival again"

Visit poster’s website MSN
smogboy

PostPosted: 20/09/2008, 04:39 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

Well, I am an LC fan. In fact if it weren't for them, I would not have discovered Within Temptation seeing as they were LC's support, ironically, at the "Hottest Chicks of Metal" US tour...all female fronted European "gothic" bands (I do so dislike labels). It sounds like Andrea, Cristina and the band are taking themselves way too seriously. A gig is a gig.
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 20/09/2008, 09:28 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators! Reply with quote

Just wanted to add my support to you all for everything that you do "for us". I really appreciate it. Especially sorting out the coach from Brussels.
And Lacuna Coils loss to the festival is our gain as we have Tarja, Epica etc etc. I admit I like LC but again they are not like Epica AF etc etc. I wonder if they had been 2nd fiddle to Nightwish or WT they would have said the same? However is this journalist speak or was it recorded? Do we know if this is actually genuine?

Cheers Keith47424
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:09 pm Post subject: Showing our support to the festival's organisators!

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF6 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website