Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF7
Goto page: <  1, 2, 314, 15, 1654, 55, 56  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7
Previous topic :: Next topic
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 30/01/2009, 09:53 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
well, their live dvd a Noise Severe was quite rocking and suitable for headbanging
More than Tarja if you ask me Razz
But that's my personal opinion

Which I fully second. It's true that their studio albums after "Nighttime Birds" have become more and more mellow (which I didn't mind), but live they still did rock. And as Hans Rutten wrote about the new album on The Gathering's official forum in December:

Quote:
It will be a very extravert, rock orientated, alive album. Typically The Gathering, but with many new elements. This time it's absolutely guitardriven. For sure.

And if they are "too small"/not heavy enough to be considered headliner, they might make a more than worthy co-headliner.
Publicité

PostPosted: 30/01/2009, 09:53 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Disgraced

PostPosted: 31/01/2009, 08:43 am Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

Is "crappy" considered a bad word? Shocked you'd better thank god you aren't/can't speak italian, i guess we have the worst curses and oaths ever! Wink

Anyway, Kristof preceded me: it's a shame that a historical band like Theatre of Tragedy is so ignored and unknown nowadays. We owe a lot to them and if people don't know why i'd suggest them to go and get informed about a lil' bit of metal history.
Same goes for The Gathering: actually i agreed a lot with them when they refused to play at MFVF because their position in the bill was too low compared to that of more "fashioned" bands, if you know what i mean. I believe that wasn't unprofessional like for example Lacuna Coil's behaviour but a simple and mere consequence. Ok, end of the OT.

Midnattsol might buy a home near the venue, at this point! Laughing

Continuing on my thread of almost disappeared bands (having started with the sins of thy beloved) who would make a great surprise if featured at the festival, who remembers Martina Astner and Erik Rutan's Alas? http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=283

Then here you are another one of my favourite italian bands: How like a Winter: http://www.myspace.com/howlikeawinterband

I know this is just daydreaming... I mean, we all know the festival needs at least a bunch of names who can attract a lot of people...
Tarja will always be around the top of my choices, did i already mention her? Wink

What about Imperia? They also were supposed to play but cancelled their performance. Site: http://www.helena-michaelsen.com/ Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/imperiaband
Visit poster’s website
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 31/01/2009, 09:13 am Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

How would you feel, when you were in a band and you read somewhere: 'crappy band'. I know bands have to face a lot of criticism, but just 'crappy' is really annoying.
Like Phil mentioned, everyone has a different taste, but that doesn't make a band 'crappy' or anything like that. Bands put heart and soul in making music and bringing
it to a vast audience, so don't take them down that easily, without giving a reason why. I don't like metalcore bands, but if I go to one of these shows with my brother
and the band gives a very good and energetic show and I see that they give it all, then I can't say it is a 'crappy' band. No, I don't like them, but I realise that other
people do! Please show a bit of respect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go visit my site (regularly updated): www.pbase.com/timsphotos
OFFICIAL MFVF PHOTOGRAPHER
Visit poster’s website MSN
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 31/01/2009, 10:40 am Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

Disgraced wrote:

Midnattsol might buy a home near the venue, at this point! Laughing

that would be Epica

I agree with Burkhard and, after all, were The Gathering more metal when they wanted them for MFVF5?

Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 31/01/2009, 10:44 am Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

Epica just fits the festival perfectly and each year they have prooved that they are worth being at the Metal Female Voices Fest,
so I think it's a good thing to have Epica as a festival friend. Just have a look at the amount of fans they bring to the Oktoberhallen.

Disgraced

PostPosted: 31/01/2009, 11:12 am Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

Gothtim wrote:
How would you feel, when you were in a band and you read somewhere: 'crappy band'. I know bands have to face a lot of criticism, but just 'crappy' is really annoying.
Like Phil mentioned, everyone has a different taste, but that doesn't make a band 'crappy' or anything like that. Bands put heart and soul in making music and bringing
it to a vast audience, so don't take them down that easily, without giving a reason why. I don't like metalcore bands, but if I go to one of these shows with my brother
and the band gives a very good and energetic show and I see that they give it all, then I can't say it is a 'crappy' band. No, I don't like them, but I realise that other
people do! Please show a bit of respect.

I completely agree and absolutely didn't mean to enter such a discussion. Mine was more a sort of linguistic argument which i won't continue since it seems like we're saying the same thing with different words and it's useless to spam my opinions just for the mere sake of doing it.
I end it saying that sometimes people don't have an in-depth knowledge of english language and use words that sound more fitting to what they wanna say: in my mind i can be the most respectful man of this world and might find that "crappy" is a better and funnier way to express my feelings than, for example "fucking shit". Wink

Back to the topic, i was thinking that it would be fantastic to have also some surprises like doro's anniversary gig... a bunch of females teaming up with some heavy metalheads for a special song... well, i believe that would be very, very nice! But don't ask me to choose the singers, too damn hard one! Wink
Visit poster’s website
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 31/01/2009, 11:28 am Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

Well yes, that could definitely work out. Maybe by giving one (famous) band(member) the lead and then have different female metal vocalists to participate
and create a very special show! This could definitely be a great idea. Something like the 'Christmas Metal Symphony', but only with female vocalists.
This could be a hell of an idea and worth thinking about Very Happy

Disgraced

PostPosted: 31/01/2009, 11:49 am Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

we must thank doro for having had it in the first place!
after all, there are lots of all-star male bands or at least all-star male bunches of drunk singers who get together to spit at the audience Laughing Laughing haha! so a similar thing with women is almost needed!
Perhaps a little less popular but not less interesting: the same gang composed by extreme vocalists only! - me's remembering the good ol' times of opera ix with cadaveria Crying or Very sad - but i know that even that is an idea far from easy to be realized.

Another oddity that came into my mind was some kind of special reunion-concert... i know that often happens in classic/'80's/heavy metal festivals, so why not here, too? ... what do you think about it folks? The first band i can think of is Rain Fell Within (that wouldn't be SO difficult since nearly all members are still in activity with other projects)...
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 31/01/2009, 12:06 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

Yeah a reunion show would be more than amazing!!! Imagine fans from all over the world coming to see the one and only show of their fav band again! Rain Fell Within would be excellent or Atrox with Monika, or After Forever with Mark and Autumn with Nienke
I would be more than happy to see some bands working together in MFVF, like Sabine did with Doro (All we are)! Its fucking super to have those rare opportunities! (Like last year with Amanda who unfortunately didn't come) Crying or Very sad

Disgraced

PostPosted: 01/02/2009, 03:15 am Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

well, those would be great as well but after all After Forever, Atrox, Autumn, and Epica are all still active bands (at least i hope so for AF Smile ): if every band that lost a member or two should rejoin with them we'd have thousands of "reunions" but actually those wouldn't be real reunions.

Apart from the already mentioned Rain Fell Within i'd say also As Divine Grace, Chalice, EvenSong, Her Enchantment, The 3rd and the Mortal. I know that the chance of that becoming true is 0,00000000001% but hope doesn't cost a thing Wink Anyway, for who's interested, i suggest to go to the mighty http://www.metal-archives.com/ where you can find all infos about the aforementioned bands, current projects included.

Late night idea after many beers and a biiig lack of sleep: Vibeke Stene as special guest singing something, somewhere, with someone?!?

And let's not forget that last year Visions of Atlantis cancelled their performance due to the fact that they were still setting things with the new singer (still unknown, fuck Evil or Very Mad ), so i wonder if i'd be right to think that they'll play this coming year with full right...?
Visit poster’s website
ManOnTheMoon

PostPosted: 01/02/2009, 03:23 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

And oeh, Dawn of Destiny is also a very good band. Maybe you can invite them ? If they are free at least Cool But I think they do.

Here is a song of them called Days of Crying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYZlHsn6BNE

Did you know sometimes it frightens me when you say my name and I can't see you ?
Disgraced

PostPosted: 01/02/2009, 03:25 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

ManOnTheMoon wrote:
And oeh, Dawn of Destiny is also a very good band. Maybe you can invite them ? If they are free at least Cool But I think they do.

Here is a song of them called Days of Crying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYZlHsn6BNE

I agree, very good band!

And besides... i've been kind of a prophet last night because... Visions of Atlantis announced their new singer! here's the news: http://www.visionsofatlantis.com/english/index.htm
Visit poster’s website
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 01/02/2009, 03:30 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

finally a new singer. She looks great. Does anyone know where we can hear her?

Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 01/02/2009, 04:12 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to more confirmed bands Very Happy

Disgraced

PostPosted: 01/02/2009, 06:34 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Reply with quote

Gothtim wrote:
finally a new singer. She looks great. Does anyone know where we can hear her?

I tried to search a bit around here and there but found nothing... in the interview she says that she already was in a band but she doesn't say the name so... Question
Anyway, i found her myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/joanna_ganzleicht No music, though. Sad
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 03:33 pm Post subject: MFVF7

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 314, 15, 1654, 55, 56  >
Page 15 of 56

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website