Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to get there ?
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7
Previous topic :: Next topic
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 21/04/2009, 12:48 pm Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

last year the minibus for sunday was excellent
cozy, friendly and you feel like a true vip (all the people inside the bus were vip holders)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 21/04/2009, 12:48 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 21/04/2009, 12:55 pm Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

Really all VIPs ? didn't know that Very Happy
This year, we won't manage again the shuttles ourself if there are a lot of bands who need it Confused
For the moment, most of reactions are for both days.

What I heard : Manic Movement should organise one bus from their neighbourhood, and that should be the same company for us.
It seems that they have interesting prices.
Just waiting for news ...

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 21/04/2009, 01:07 pm Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

Its a bit off-topic but will all bands stay in Ibis? even those who come from belgium or netherlands?
oooh, and if someone has an artist pass for saturday, can he enter the artist's area on sunday?

r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 21/04/2009, 01:09 pm Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
Each year we rent minibus for bands, so if you are interested, I can give you the contact ?
There are always special rates for weekend : it was around 200 or 300euros for a 8+1 minibus.
(price that you can separate in 8 or 9 persons).
Up to 40 Euro per person for the hole weekend. I thing this is OK.

Greetings

Rainer
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 21/04/2009, 01:14 pm Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
Its a bit off-topic but will all bands stay in Ibis? even those who come from belgium or netherlands?
oooh, and if someone has an artist pass for saturday, can he enter the artist's area on sunday?

A lot are staying there.
From Nl or B, I doubt that they will go at Ibis if they don't sleep there.
If people invite them for an after party at the bar, this is not the same.

They can't access the 2 festival days if they have 1 day pass.
So, if some had the idea to ask a band pass, bad idea, you'll only risk to be fired Wink

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 21/04/2009, 01:17 pm Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

damn, i always get an artist's pass so i thought I could sneak on the artists' area the next day *busted* Mr. Green Mr. Green

Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 21/04/2009, 01:25 pm Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

Better to keep it for your collection instead of risking to miss the shows.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Freddo

PostPosted: 06/05/2009, 08:50 pm Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

Any news about a bus shuttle from and to the Ibis?
I don't mean to nag or anything Smile
petdawg

PostPosted: 24/05/2009, 06:45 am Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1. I am going to spend a few days in Brussels checking out the town and hitting the tourist spots. I have been to London and Paris and in both cities I did not rent a car. The trains and bus service were so good I had no need to rent a car. I bought a pass that allowed me to use all metro services. Is Brussels the same way? Do I need to rent a car to see all the sights or can I get around on the trains and buses just fine?

2. Are there any hotels in Aalst that are really close to The Ibis? The Ibis is full and I would like to stay close to The Ibis if at all possible.

3. Is it easy to take a train or bus from Brussels to Aalst? I really do not mind renting a car if needed. I just know if I had rented one in Paris or London I would have never driven it so I do not want to waste money if I do not need to.

4. If anyone has any tips about great stuff to see in Brussels I would love to hear them. I have never been to Belgium so any advice is great. I will most likely buy a travel guide to take with me so I should have a map and a list of some good museums, galleries, cathedrals and other attractions. I find though that the locals sometimes know of great places to visit that are not in travel guides.

Any way, thanks for any information that you can provide. I can't wait for October to get here, it is going to be a fun trip.

Dawg
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 24/05/2009, 07:03 am Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

Renting a car to visit Brussels : avoid this Wink
You'll never find a parking place, or spend money in private parking.
There are a lot of bus, trams, metro (subway).
But, like in a lot of big cities, be careful of your wallet (money, passport, ...).

Maybe we will cross our way there, as I'll be the guide for a Japanese friend Very Happy

Bus from Brussels to Aalst : ok
Aalst to Wieze in the morning : ok
But, after, if you don't have a car there is a problem to go back in the evening.
Last bus is at 10.30pm, too early Confused

The best solution is a car sharing, no matter who rent a car, but costs can be shared then.

We are waiting for a price offer for a bus from Brussels, but if this is not too expensive, we can see if this is possible for the company to start from Aalst.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 24/05/2009, 07:16 am Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
We are waiting for a price offer for a bus from Brussels, but if this is not too expensive, we can see if this is possible for the company to start from Aalst.
I have no problem for extra paying for the bus shuttle to Aalst/IBIS.

Greetings

Rainer
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 24/05/2009, 07:57 am Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

And as I suspect that there are quite a few of us that are staying at the Ibis in Aalst that taxis from Wieze on the Saturday night and also there and back on the Sunday will not be too expensive if people share. Perhaps, if you do not mind, Helcanen we could set up a subject for us who are staying in the Ibis Aalst or nearby in order to meet up and arrange taxis etc etc????

What do others think?

Cheers Keith47424
r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 24/05/2009, 08:00 am Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

keith47424 wrote:
Perhaps, if you do not mind, Helcanen we could set up a subject for us who are staying in the Ibis Aalst or nearby in order to meet up and arrange taxis etc etc????

What do others think?
Okay

Greetings

Rainer
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 24/05/2009, 08:02 am Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

http://mfvf.xooit.com/t351-Ibis-hotel-Aalst.htm Smile

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 24/05/2009, 08:23 am Post subject: How to get there ? Reply with quote

Thank you for this Helcanen. Perhaps some locals could post information on taxi firms in the area. That is one that will not try to rip off us "tourists". That way would could already have telephone numbers sorted before in order to make a quick call at the end of the concert in order to get a "Joe Le Taxi Laughing " sorted.
Thank you one and all.

Cheers Keith47424
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 08:02 am Post subject: How to get there ?

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website