Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Replacing band for AF ?
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5
Previous topic :: Next topic
Aracnophobia

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 06:47 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

WTH?????
Why DSO were taken out?I understand what the admin said but if not all requested bands (and especially one with so many requests) can't be on the poll then the poll is kinda useless

If this whole "wish list" is true (I doubt you will go through 7+ pages and read) I still request Diablo Swing Orchestra
Publicité

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 06:47 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 07:00 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Bummer

But i'll make things a bit easier:

Rolith wrote:
Diablo Swing Orchestra would be amazing, please!!!
There aren;t many chances to see them in europe

lover wrote:

I guess my vote goes to:
Diablo Swing Orchestra and Aesma Daeva

lost lullaby wrote:
I only really like a couple of bands off that list, so if I had to pick, it'd be DSO all the way! They sound amazing in studio, I imagine they'd be even more kick ass live. *drools*

refereestef wrote:
My vote goes to DSO, I've seen most of the other bands

Ichigo wrote:
I voted Diablo Swing Orchestra. Their music is really amazing and so original...

washy wrote:
Diablo Swing Orchestra hmm, sounds very good also !

Nemesis wrote:
i so hope DSO will be available and willing to come.

female-metal_lover wrote:
DIABLO SWING ORCHETSRA!!!!!! DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA!!!!!! i saw the name when i came and now its gone!!!! still DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA!!!!! DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA!!!!!!!

Carolina wrote:
Hey, why did you take DSO off the list???? They had more than half of the vots ffs!!!!

suinelah wrote:
Hey! I wanted to vote dso! Oh, well...

MisanthropiA wrote:
Not metal?? DSO in my opinion is even more metal than bands like The gathering (whose newer stuff sounds too pop rock imo!). Just bare in mind that DSO is NOT just metal; it is a mix of different elements!! {...}I would love to see them at MFVF! However, if for some odd reason they're not available, I'm not sure who I want to see as a replacement band!

Onyrika wrote:
Why is DSO not in the poll anymore? It's the only band that would make the festival inviting to me again....

aftersea wrote:

and yes *joins the wagon* I want DSO too

Prisoner wrote:
wish list DSO

Stalker wrote:
Still pity that DSO were "fogotten" for the poll
But if you are going to read everyone's request then DSO

Ginger Dan wrote:
I think it is a shame DSO have not been included in the poll, as I think they would be an excellent addition to the MFVF line-up.

Aracnophobia wrote:
WTH?????
Why DSO were taken out?I(...)
If this whole "wish list" is true (I doubt you will go through 7+ pages and read) I still request Diablo Swing Orchestra

And me of course!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Nemesis

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 07:22 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

lol.

i wouldn't mind DSO playing their whole album either.

or maybe a band already on the bill could take up AF's spot (Epica for instance) and then the replacement band could take up a spot somewhere else...

Visit poster’s website
Aegir81

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 09:27 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Nice list of bands, but for me only Virgin Black should come to the festival Smile
MisanthropiA

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 09:49 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

...OR we can get two "smaller" bands to replace AF! :p ok, kidding!

One band that is never ever mentioned, yet I find them extremely talented: Silentium!! How come no one ever mentioned them on here? They're not thaaat unknown (I guess Rolling Eyes ) So there's my second choice: Silentium
Furthermore, there's a Puerto Rican all-female band which I want to mention as well: Matriarch! They've tagged themselves as playing operatic death metal... give 'em a listen at www.myspace.com/matriarch
Carolina

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 11:22 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
Quote:
Theatre of Tragedy was replaced by Autumn
The Gathering by Delain

These bands didn't replace the other on the bill, they don't get the same spot.

Here we asked to add bands that could fit on the same spot or nearly.
I've started to add all the bands that people wanted to see in the list, but finally it isn't objective. That's why I've stopped to add band.

The poll isn't the final decision, but it's a way for us to get an idea and a way for you to give your ideas.
I've also received a lot of requests for others bands by PM, e-mails (even if I asked to not do that), etc ... and of course the result isn't the same than in this place.
Thanks to have voted and sorry to have bothered you Wink
So, continue to send your "wish lists" instead a simple vote. It lets you the opportunity to give more than 1 band's name, and it's easier for us to work like that.

ok fair enough.

I just find it a bit odd that the olny band you actually took away from the list was the ones with the most votes and suggestions in the thread by far.

oh well... if you not gonna look so much on the poll when you decide which band to contact I guess it doesn't matter.

I think it is gonna be a great festival anyway!!!

Mr. Green
Shizzle

PostPosted: 09/05/2007, 11:20 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

So no Diablo Swing Orchestra? A shame, They would be my reason to go. Something special among these standart goth bands.

Even if they're not so known yet, I'm sure most, if not all, of the people will love them.

And what's with the wishlist? You have a poll and a wishlist or..?

Greetings,

Justin, Zwaremetalen.com

Zwaremetalen.com
Visit poster’s website
Siegfried

PostPosted: 09/05/2007, 12:37 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

I don't care to see diablo swing orchestra ! why not add more time to other bands like Draconian and Battlelore ? they deserve to get a longer set no ?

Who thinks the same ?

Last edited by Siegfried on 09/05/2007, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Christophe Metal Factory

PostPosted: 09/05/2007, 12:39 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Midnattsol! They love to play at MFVF, MFVF visitors know them well, they have the professional level to play in the evening and they'll have new stuff to present.

The German-Norwegian Nordic Folk Metal band MIDNATTSOL has completed work on seven songs and is currently preparing to enter the studio to follow-up on Where Twilight Dwells. Guitarist Christian Hector: "The new songs are a bit more complex and have a higher Folk influence than the tracks found on the debut. Carmen´s vocals are more powerful and you can most certainly count on a new version of a traditional Norwegian song". (20 APR 07)

Metal Factory - Tuesday 8-10pm - Radio Air Libre - Brussels 87.7fm
Not Only (-) - Tuesday 6-8pm - Radio Air Libre - Brussels 87.7fm
Visit poster’s website
AfterForever65

PostPosted: 09/05/2007, 01:00 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Shizzle wrote:
So no Diablo Swing Orchestra? A shame, They would be my reason to go. Something special among these standart goth bands.

Even if they're not so known yet, I'm sure most, if not all, of the people will love them.

And what's with the wishlist? You have a poll and a wishlist or..?

Greetings,

Justin, Zwaremetalen.com

Exactly my words mate!!!!
*adds to the wish list DSO*
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 09/05/2007, 01:12 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

The problem is solved, not more poll, so you can add only your wish lists.

Don't forget that this forum doesn't represent the whole visitors of the fest Wink

And if the bands that you want to see aren't on the bill this year, they could be present at a next edition.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Gloomy

PostPosted: 09/05/2007, 03:11 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
And if the bands that you want to see aren't on the bill this year, they could be present at a next edition.

Indeed ! Mr. Green
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
DarKnight

PostPosted: 09/05/2007, 06:08 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

I have see last Thusday Syrens Call on stage.
I thinks that they are ready to play at the MFVF (maybe next year with the new album)
Visit poster’s website
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 09/05/2007, 08:37 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
The problem is solved, not more poll, so you can add only your wish lists.

Probably a wise solution, because now people can´t complain anymore that their faves haven´t been included in the poll.

However, apart from Madder Mortem, whom I´ve already suggested in my first post, I can´t think of any other (possibly available) band I´d really like to see.

Well, right now I´m enjoying Stolen Babies very much, but I suppose they are far too unknown to be considered as a replacement.

The Third And The Mortal also come to my mind, but in spite of the fact that their early works were one of the reasons for a certain Tuomas Holopainen to start a band called Nightwish, it seems that hardly anyone knows them, which might be due to the fact that they have changed their style quite drastically over the years and can´t be considered metal anymore. (Still, I also like their latest releases.)
daimonion

PostPosted: 09/05/2007, 09:54 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

I wish for Madder mortem. Bye.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:47 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ?

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >
Page 8 of 10

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website