Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Replacing band for AF ?
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5
Previous topic :: Next topic
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 10:26 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

keith47424 wrote:
I take it that as DSO are no longer on the list that they either have been signed up already or are simply not able to make it. If so get over it and lets look forward to this being an awesome festival.

That would be great if they have already singed up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 10:26 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Onyrika

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 10:59 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Why is DSO not in the poll anymore? It's the only band that would make the festival inviting to me again....
Visit poster’s website
Carolina

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 11:18 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

keith47424 wrote:
Carolina wrote:
keith47424 wrote:
No DSO. yeah. At last someone listened and took them off the poll. They are crap and not a metal band.
DSO I say Bannir them or them

Not a metal band???

Have you even heard them?

Yes and that is my problem. Swing I ask you. Utter tripe. This is if I am not mistaken a metal festival. Granted that The Gathering could not really be called metal anymore, but Swing!!!!
However like I have mentioned before what about Seasons End? Adasteria? or Liquid Sky? All great ENGLISH metal bands?
I think that it is about time that the Helcanen told us who is or is not available so we can look forward too. I take it that as DSO are no longer on the list that they either have been signed up already or are simply not able to make it. If so get over it and lets look forward to this being an awesome festival.

That's what I thought, you haven't given them a proper listen. They don't have swing elements in every song. Listen to the rest of the songs, not just ballrog boogie.
MisanthropiA

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 11:34 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

..not sure on whether I should be saying this... but since After Forever was taking "2nd" place on the line-up, isn't it only fair to replace them with a similar band? i.e. a band that's as famous as AF?

PS: Keith, I could be wrong, but I think you were refering to Adastreia (not Adastaria or however you spelled it) unless there's a band, which I haven't heard of yet with that name!

PPS: this has gone a bit too far with the "what's metal and what's not" issue! To be honest, if I hear the name MFVF I think of female fronted bands like: arch enemy, matriarch, astarte etc etc etc... I'm NOT saying that the fest's name should be changed! In fact, I find it appropriate in a way (I mean Gothic Metal Female Voices fest will sound... well odd!) However, seeing the discussions on whether something is metal or not, than I suggest you look at the line-up! If you want to be all technical, I saw Autumn last week, and they're most certainly not metal! And you can go down the list and pinpoint different bands as being "less" metal in nature. But WHO CARES???? I don't! And most of those who are going to the MFVF don't either! So far the line-up is Okay I'm just eagerly waiting on the replacing band (and secretely hoping it's DSO Wink Rolling Eyes )
aftersea

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 11:41 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

I do't think the replacements here are equally "famous"

example:

Theatre of Tragedy was replaced by Autumn
The Gathering by Delain

I think this means the other bands will get a bit more time, Autumn and Draconian should in my opinion

and yes *joins the wagon* I want DSO too
xavier-interria

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 11:43 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

The Birthday Massacre !!!
Visit poster’s website
Nemesis

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 11:54 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Arch Enemy would be überly fantastic, but i'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

i agree with the quality issue, but then again, quality is in the eye/ear/nostril of the beholder. i for one don't like half of the bands listed in the poll, but who am i? and it's not even certain the band who got the most votes will be able (or is willing) to come.

i hope Helcanen could tell us more about the mysterious disappearance of DSO. perhaps they've already been contacted and they didn't want to come? or they do want to come and they're negotiating things?

i can barely stand the suspense! Smile

Visit poster’s website
Carolina

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 01:45 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
Arch Enemy would be überly fantastic, but i'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

i agree with the quality issue, but then again, quality is in the eye/ear/nostril of the beholder. i for one don't like half of the bands listed in the poll, but who am i? and it's not even certain the band who got the most votes will be able (or is willing) to come.

i hope Helcanen could tell us more about the mysterious disappearance of DSO. perhaps they've already been contacted and they didn't want to come? or they do want to come and they're negotiating things?

i can barely stand the suspense! Smile

DSO said they were interested on their forum as well so maybe it will happen!!
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 02:16 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Quote:
Theatre of Tragedy was replaced by Autumn
The Gathering by Delain

These bands didn't replace the other on the bill, they don't get the same spot.

Here we asked to add bands that could fit on the same spot or nearly.
I've started to add all the bands that people wanted to see in the list, but finally it isn't objective. That's why I've stopped to add band.

The poll isn't the final decision, but it's a way for us to get an idea and a way for you to give your ideas.
I've also received a lot of requests for others bands by PM, e-mails (even if I asked to not do that), etc ... and of course the result isn't the same than in this place.
Thanks to have voted and sorry to have bothered you Wink
So, continue to send your "wish lists" instead a simple vote. It lets you the opportunity to give more than 1 band's name, and it's easier for us to work like that.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Nemesis

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 02:29 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

may i ask how long AF was supposed to play? 1 - 1,5 hrs or so?

if DSO were to replace them (and this is all hypothetical and based on the polls and demands here) then i don't think they could fill that same time with just one record. VoA could manage it, i think, and Madder Mortem probably too (though i'd rather see VoA than MM).

in my opinion, i find bands like Midnattsol, Theatres des Vampires and Krypteria (especially that last one) capable of offering the same quality as AF. too bad Within Temptation isn't available, then this wouldn't be too much of a problem for you.

Visit poster’s website
Siegfried

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 02:38 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

i ask this question to the promoters and After Forever was supposed to play at leat 1 hour. i didn't know diablo swing orchestra before, it sounds good but I'm not sure that other bands will be happy to see a smaller band over them. some friends from belgium and france (even in Netherlands) talked about them, but can't find their cd, do you know if they can buy it in a shop ?
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 03:15 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

MisanthropiA wrote:
PS: Keith, I could be wrong, but I think you were refering to Adastreia (not Adastaria or however you spelled it) unless there's a band, which I haven't heard of yet with that name!

Yes I was. Just cannot spell.
I seem to have put some peoples backs up on this forum. I am sorry if I have offended anyone. However we are all entitled to our own opinions? I may give DSO another chance especially if they "make the final cut" However the 4 or 5 songs I have heard are not my cup of tea at all. However if they get the nod I will give them a chance and will see how it goes.

Cheers Keith47424
Prisoner

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 06:36 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

wish list DSO
Stalker

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 06:37 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Still pity that DSO were "fogotten" for the poll
But if you are going to read everyone's request then DSO
Ginger Dan

PostPosted: 08/05/2007, 06:45 pm Post subject: Replacing band for AF ? Reply with quote

Greetings all.

I think it is a shame DSO have not been included in the poll, as I think they would be an excellent addition to the MFVF line-up.

Also, just because they are listed as a replacement, doesn't mean they have to replace their place on the line-up [it's not like it hasn't been moved around already!].

Although if they got a 1 hour spot, I would love for them to play their whole album!!! Very Happy
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 05:11 am Post subject: Replacing band for AF ?

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >
Page 7 of 10

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website