Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF7 Camera friendly
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7
Previous topic :: Next topic
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 01/07/2009, 03:07 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Just a little reminder, as I always receive the same questions.

Yes, you are all allowed to bring your photo camera at MFVF.
Bring what you have, digital or professionnal, no matter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webmaster-Administrator

Last edited by Helcanen on 27/10/2009, 02:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 01/07/2009, 03:07 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
petdawg

PostPosted: 01/07/2009, 06:45 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

I love concerts that are camera friendly. Since I am coming a great distance I will certainly want to take a ton of pictures. Both at the concert and when I am hanging out around Belgium and The Netherlands. Now I just need to get better at taking pictures at live shows. Seems I need to take about 200 pictures to get 25 good ones or so. Thank god for digital camera's.

Dawg
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 04/07/2009, 06:42 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Tell me about it. Take a look at my website with some photos from the last couple of MFVFs. Not the best. I seem to get lots of smoke for some reason?? I have a Nokon D90 now so maybe it will be better this year?
Let me know what you think to the photos though.
And yes it is great that you can take these cameras into the festival.

Cheers Keith47424
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 09:37 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

As official MFVF photographer I will try to help you. Okay
About the smoke, it's clear what the problem is: the flash.
The flash catches the smoke in between you and the subject first, so it is also on your photo.
That's why I hate using flashes:
- they are annoying for the bands.
- quality is not that good. Well, from close it might work (but again, it's annoying for the bands) but from far
it is almost impossible to use it at festivals/shows.
Any more questions to improve your photos, just shoot Very Happy

Tim

go visit my site (regularly updated): www.pbase.com/timsphotos
OFFICIAL MFVF PHOTOGRAPHER
Visit poster’s website MSN
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 10:43 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

So how do you go about trying to take a good photo even with a digital SLR in the dark with no flash? Especially when we are much further away from the bands as we are not in the photo pit? I would just love to be able to get some quality photos. I have a lense 30 upto 200 so can get in quite close. Is it worthwhile bring the "sunflower" also?

Cheers Keith47424
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 10:50 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

First thing is of course: no flash
Second thing which is really important during an indoor concert or festival is the diaphragm of your lens.
Best zoom lenses for concert photography are the ones with f2.8 over their entire zoom range.
These capture a lot of light, so you can make your shutterspeed faster. In this way, you have sharper
photos.
These lenses are the priciest ones, just for this reason Wink
For myself, I have the canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM for long ranges. This is one of the best canon lenses
and also one of the more expensive ones.

Tim

keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 11:32 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Just found mine. It is a AF-S DX zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G?????? Whatever that means. It came with the camera. Obviously not being a professional photographer I couldn't justify the outlay on a really expensive lense.
So do I then set it up on M, A, P or S?
Thanks Keith

Cheers Keith47424
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 12:16 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

for concert photography, 'M' is the best function. Here you can edit your own shutterspeed. Just test this and you'll see you'll get a lot more possibilities. Okay

Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 12:54 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

For people who don't speak the same language than you and don't have a reflex Very Happy

Try to find the option that gives you more sensibility, for normal photographies it's between 100 and 400 ASA/ISO, but for indoor concert you need to increase it to 1600 minimum.
You can also change the exposition time, but don't move to avoid blur.
Avoid the red and sometimes green colors, ... or at least if you don't have other light source.

Strobe is also useful to get a lot of light, but you need to catch the good moment.

Some cameras like mine have options like SRC, and you can choose the ambiance.
This is a model between the digital and reflex, nothing professionnal.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
petdawg

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:06 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

If you have a basic digital camera with no special lenses is there a way to take decent pictures at a concert? I have a Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W170 10.1 Mega Pixel Super Steady Shot. I recently attended a Tarja show in California and was in the front row. I took about 200 pictures. I would say about 20 were ok and that was it. A lot of bluring and odd lighting. This is the first camera I have ever owned and know zero about them. I took about a 1000 pictures in England and France earlier this year and they turned out great. Of couse taking picture of castles and churches that do not move in day light is a little easier Very Happy . My camera has a setting called ISO which is for shooting without flash in low light to reduce blur. Would that setting help? It has a pretty decent zoom built in. Any advice would be great. I would love to get some of my photos to turn out well and make my trip even better.

Dawg
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:13 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

to be honest with you, I just had a look at the details of this camera and I can say that making decent photos without using a flash is not really possible.
The more you zoom, the more blurry your photos get and the diaphragm is too small to catch a lot of light, which is really necessary for concert photography.
The camera is really good, but not for concert photography if you are far away from the stage. Any questions, just shoot Okay

petdawg

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:17 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Could you recommend a good camera for taking photos on trips and concerts? I am not a pro, so I really do not want to spend $1000's of dollars, but I really have no idea what the cost would be for a camera that could do both well. I also do not want to have to carry around a ton of camera equipment on my trips or at concerts. Prehaps that is not possible, but I really enjoy taking photos and would definitely like to get better at it.

Dawg
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:23 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

If you want a cheap reflex camera, I can recommend the canon eos 1000D with the sigma 18-200mm lens.
If you want a more compact one and don't want to change lenses, then I can recommend the Panasonic DMC FZ28.

petdawg

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:25 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Awesome, thank you for the tips. I will look them up online and see if I have any more questions. Very Happy

Dawg
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:26 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Try the same than mine, this is a Lumix.
Now the price has decreased, even for 10 Megapixels.
It should be between 400 and 500 euros, probably less in USA

Lumix, Panasonic, well the same camera.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:08 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7 All times are GMT
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website