Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF7 Camera friendly
Goto page: <  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7
Previous topic :: Next topic
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:28 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Indeed, this was my very first camera and is an extremely good one!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go visit my site (regularly updated): www.pbase.com/timsphotos
OFFICIAL MFVF PHOTOGRAPHER
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:28 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
petdawg

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:33 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Cool, I will look that up as well. I was just looking at Gothim's web site. It would sure be fun to take pictures like that! I imagine it takes a lot of practice to take good photos at a concert. I go to a lot of concerts and always seem to find my way to the front of the crowd by the stage. It would be great to have a camera that would allow me to take good photos and keep memories of the show forever. We have a lot of metal clubs here in Seattle, so those would be good places to go practice taking pictures. Of course, I am not sure I can handle listening to so much so called American metal! Almost all the bands I listen to come from Europe for a reason.

Dawg
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:37 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Of course, you can't always take good pictures, but some could be really nice Wink

Outdoor (day light) :

Indoor :

Well, I was in the photopit, but it's the same on first row.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
petdawg

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 03:41 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

I actually looked at that Photo of Tarja on your web site recently. That photo is spectacular! It was that photo that made me want to take better pictures at concerts, honest. Especially after being in the front row for Tarja here in the states recently. I was so disappointed my photos did not turn out better. Of course I had no clue what I was doing. Nice job on your web site by the way. It is very nice and I love the photos, paintings and drawings.

Dawg
petdawg

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 04:13 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

I assume this is the camera both of you were talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-FZ28K-Digital-Stabilized-Black/dp/B001C…

If that is the one, $395 is pretty cheap. I would definitely be willing to spend that to be able to take good photos at concerts. I figured it was going to cost twice that if not more for a good camera. Once again we can see I have no idea about cameras or taking photos Smile .

Dawg
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 04:38 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Mine is 8Megapixels, maybe this one is 10.
But the design is the same.

Price of mine was really more expensive ... around 550 euros (not in $) but it's Belgium, taxes are higher Confused
Now in the shops, 10 megapixels model is cheaper than mine Laughing

I prefer this kind of camera, because bringing a reflex isn't really practical when you attend an event to enjoy it.
In addition it's heavy, and being a novice you spend more time to find the good adjustment to get clean pictures.
Here, it's semi-automatic.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Vlien
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 05:35 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

This is what I REALLY REALLY REALLY love about MFVF, finally no worries of getting my camera in!!

Visit poster’s website
petdawg

PostPosted: 05/07/2009, 10:33 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

One more question from me on all this camera stuff. I have found the Panasonic DMC FZ28 10.1 Megapixel camera for $319 which seems like a great price from the reviews I have read. I can buy the camera with a full kit of accessories for $439. The accessories are 2X Telephoto Lens, Wide Angle Converter Lens, Filter Kit, Tripod, Camera Case, 2 MG Memory Card and other odds and ends. Would the extra lenses and filter kit be something I use much? Like I mentioned before, I do not want to tote a bunch of lenses around Europe or to a concert. I do however take photos on day trips here locally where all I do is step out of the car and take photos. In cases like that having the extra lenses with me is no big deal. I have been doing some reading online about the lenses, but I prefer advice from someone who I know had been taking photos in real life. I will link the site that has the camera, plus the list of accessories.

http://www.jerseyshoredigital.com/products.asp?dept_id=10268&product_id…

Once again, thanks for all the advice and tips. All the reviews I read on this camera were great so this is the one I will most likely buy. Now the question is rather I buy just the camera or the camera and the accessories kit.

Dawg
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 06/07/2009, 07:13 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Can't tell you, as I bought mine without any kit.
Maybe it's interesting to get the entire pack, as I had to buy the memory card (not realy expensive), etc ... apart.
Cleaning kit ... well I don't have it.

Wide Angle Converter Lens : maybe interesting ? Tim, can you answer about it ?

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 06/07/2009, 07:19 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Well, I don't really know if this will be very effective for you. It should give you a wider angle indeed, but you will not need it at a concert (you want to zoom and a wide angle convertor does the opposite).

go visit my site (regularly updated): www.pbase.com/timsphotos
OFFICIAL MFVF PHOTOGRAPHER
Visit poster’s website MSN
r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 07/07/2009, 10:01 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Well, I use a Camcorder CANON DC 50 to take Pictures with 5 Megapixel. Outdoor it's works fine. But if take pictures indoor with low light, the autofocus has problems. Sad
Same problems I have with my Samsung NV 4 (8,2 Megapixel)

Greetings

Rainer
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
petdawg

PostPosted: 22/07/2009, 06:18 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

I am so excited!!! My new Panasonic DMC FZ28 should arrive at my house this Friday. Time to go out and take a lot of pictures so I can teach myself how to use it. Edguy will be in Seattle on Sept 24th, so hopefully I can take my camera to that show and take a lot of pictures for practice. I also have Queensryche tickets for an outdoors show on Sertember 2nd so I can do some more practice taking pictures there as well. Hopefully by the time I get to MFVF 7, I will have some skills taking pictures.

Dawg
predator

PostPosted: 22/07/2009, 10:35 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

petdawg wrote:
If you have a basic digital camera with no special lenses is there a way to take decent pictures at a concert? I have a Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W170 10.1 Mega Pixel Super Steady Shot. I recently attended a Tarja show in California and was in the front row. I took about 200 pictures. I would say about 20 were ok and that was it. A lot of bluring and odd lighting. This is the first camera I have ever owned and know zero about them. I took about a 1000 pictures in England and France earlier this year and they turned out great. Of couse taking picture of castles and churches that do not move in day light is a little easier Very Happy . My camera has a setting called ISO which is for shooting without flash in low light to reduce blur. Would that setting help? It has a pretty decent zoom built in. Any advice would be great. I would love to get some of my photos to turn out well and make my trip even better.

Dawg

I mainly photograph wildlife, and most wildlife photographers will tell you that 20 good shots out of 200 taken is good. A lot of pros will take huge numbers of photos and be happy with a small number of really good ones.
The ISO setting is important - the higher the number the more sensitive it is to light, so for low light levels a high ISO nuumber is good.
I want to improve my concert photography - not done much as most places dont allow SLR cameras Sad Practice makes perfect.
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 23/07/2009, 10:05 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more. That is one thing I like about MFVF. It is great that we can bring SLRs into the festival with no problems.

Cheers Keith47424
r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 17/01/2010, 07:27 pm Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly Reply with quote

Gothtim wrote:
If you want a cheap reflex camera, I can recommend the canon eos 1000D with the sigma 18-200mm lens.
Which sigma 18-200mm lens? 18-200mm F3,5-6,3 DC or 18-200mm F3,5-6,3 DC OS? I now have a Canon EOS 100d with twe lenses: 18-55 and 75-300MM (both from Canon).

Greetings

Rainer
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 05:09 am Post subject: MFVF7 Camera friendly

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website