Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Orestea - Female Fronted Melodic Metal (not operatic)

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> General (English) -> Metal Female Bands
Previous topic :: Next topic
LisaOrestea

PostPosted: 04/09/2009, 01:49 pm Post subject: Orestea - Female Fronted Melodic Metal (not operatic) Reply with quote

Just thought this would be a cool place to plug my band Smile Let me know what you think!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

www.myspace.com/orestea

Orestea are a 5 piece, female fronted, melodic metal band from Guildford, Surrey. .

The band is made up of; Lisa Avon (Vocals) Lloyd Wilson (Guitar) Luke Genders (Guitar) Mike Quinn (Bass) and Will Crozier (Drums).

They formed in late 2008 after realising their mutual love for all things metal. The band’s debut E.P ‘Shadows Of Yesterday’ was released in April 09.

With a highly acclaimed E.P release, and a performance at the famous Download Festival 2009 under their belts, Orestea have been marked as one of the bands to look out for in the very near future!

"Beatiful Haunting vocals, hard rockin riffs. Orestea are taking the scene by storm. Perfect compositions makes them one of the most exciting female fronted acts to hit the UK in recent years. A roller coaster of metal flowing with melodies and harmonies that will leave you screaming for more. The debut E.P ‘Shadows Of Yesterday’ is a must for any collection.
Melodic metal in its finest form."
-DJ Beerman Top Rock Radio

"Orestea are the missing link between Lacuna Coil and Killswitch Engage. Fusing controlled yet powerful riffs, beautiful melodies and lyrics, Orestea have woven their musical thread into a rich tapestry of influences, and managed to sound fresh and original." - Jay (Pintsize Promotions)

"This is a talented and fresh sounding group with good musicianship and production that stands up very well to repeated listens. The music itself is of good quality, especially considering how long the band have been together. The vocals especially are of exceptional quality and overall this is a talented outfit with a good future in front of them if they play their cards right." - Quickening (UKMU)

"Shadows of Yesterday is a fantastically produced album that will take Orestea from the pubs and clubs to the stages of arenas without a doubt. This is a band that can be compared to no other, because they outshine all within their genre. Orestea are the first band I have heard in a long time that immediately excite and connect with their audience without conforming to bland metal trends. As I suggested at the start of my review, this band are incredibly modest and they deserve every success. If I could put one band on a main stage at every festival around the world, I would choose Orestea." 10/10 Ultimate Reviewer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.myspace.com/orestea
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 04/09/2009, 01:49 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> General (English) -> Metal Female Bands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website