Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FLOWING TEARS added to the bill
Goto page: <  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5
Previous topic :: Next topic
PersephoneArtanis

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 10:11 am Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

As always there's a lot of disappointment. But I think that's pretty normal: 3 big bands were announced, 3 big bands cancelled.
No need for blaming the MFVF-organisation here! It's damn difficult to find great bands that want to play, have time to play, don't ask too much, ...

Flowing Tears is a good choice. Allthough they don't have a new CD and they allready appeared on MFVF, they allready exist for some time and don't appear in Belgium a lot ànd they are a band with an own (great) sound.

I just hope AF was the last band that needed cancellation Laughing

Anyway: I bought my ticket Okay
Publicité

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 10:11 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Carolina

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 10:21 am Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

Siegfried wrote:

they told that a lot of people sent requests by pm and on myspace. there are more people on myspace than here. what's 20 persons for diablo swng orchestra in comparaison of a band that already have a lot of albums ? nobody can find the album of this band, who knows them ? I'm not sure that your choice satisfy the choice of 2 or 3000 people, they prefer to see a famous band replacing a big famous band.
no matters, i'm so happy Okay

Correct me if I'm wrong but I count 3 votes for Flowing Tears and 4 for DSO on the MFVF myspace site where you can request bands... Razz

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=108159815&bl

it seems like everyone who wanted this band decided to not reveal themselves on this forum, nor on Sonic Cathedral or on their myspace. Their fans must be a bit shy. Laughing

Nevertheless the line-up is still cool and I'm sure the festival will be awesome!
Nemesis

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 10:42 am Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

there's loads of opportunities for people to see the 'big bands' outside of this festival. this chance is way smaller for the 'smaller' bands who are currently on the bill so i guess in that way this festival provides a good showcase for such bands. i think it's kind of ridiculous to go berserk and sell tickets and whatnot just because a few bands decided to pull out when you already know beforehand you'd be able to catch those somewhere else more easily. there's still a lot of great bands on the bill anyway and we shouldn't also forget that the organisation is one of the few willing to organise such an event where all great bands gather with ticket prices so low.

amen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 01:29 pm Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

Quote:
But its pretty obvious now that the organisators book considering their own taste
Valkyre....they have 1, only 1 song online but they got a place cause probably Alain pruvost is friend with them or even one of them
Epica with 2 albums have played in all edition
Distorted are a pretty unknown band with only one album and got a place

This is not a question of promoters' taste !
We have checked a lot of websites (once again, not only ours and SC), we received a lot of messges on Myspace (I don't talk about the blog, no subject was opened about the replacing band), by e-mail, etc ... and we tried to find the best replacement to fit to the majority of visitors.

You can pay 45 euros to see only 1 small band added on the bill ? Others will not think like you !

In addition, if some of the bands that people wanted to see live have moved their ass and sent us promo material the situation could be different.
We don't have to implore bands to send their cd.

FYI :
* Epica didn't play last year. They will have a new album for September, that's a good reason.
* Leaves' Eyes are not the headliner, but a Special guest with a special show (how many time do I have to explain this ???)
* Valkyre will open the festival, be happy for them as we give a chance for small bands too. Why do you talk about Alain Pruvost ?
* Distorted : an other unknown band who have the chance to play.

Think a little a bit further, and you'll understand that WE give a chance to small bands, but we can't add everybody on the bill or we should make a festival during 1 month without a break.
If some doesn't have the chance to play this year, there will be other editions next years.

Quote:
I wonder why the organisators booked two bands to replace AF
From the point I see it I guess AF were proposed much money and big setlist 1-1,5 hour?
Couldn't they split the money and the duration and invite two bands?

I already answered to this, impossible to get 2 bands, or they will only have 20 minutes for their show.
Stop to think about money !!!

No need to make a big discussion on this, the decision will not change.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Ichigo

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 03:32 pm Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

What a discussion about this replacing band ! Shocked
Personnally speaking, I'm very happy to see Flowing Tears in the end ! This is one of the first female fronted bands I knew. They don't come a lot in Belgium, so I think it great ! I know a lot of people, like me, fans of female fronted bands, who like Flowing Tears a lot and who are not in this forum. Wink
Thaaaank you so much ! Okay and rock on

To dance all the night in the midnight sun, that is my dream...
Visit poster’s website Skype
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 04:50 pm Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

@Nemesis: I will sell my tickets cause the main reason for this fest was AF and TG
Now both cancelled and the replacements don't worth it

And Epica play everywhere so there is no reason to pay a whole travel to see them play (again!!)

And excuse me if i'm wrong but I know that an AF show costs 20-25 euros and it lasts 2 hours and the TG concert costed 30 euros here and lasted 1,5 hour
I'm pretty sure that small bands like Interria, Valkyre and Distorted would cost 5-10 euros in clubs

Visit poster’s website MSN
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 05:42 pm Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

You are free to sell your tickets.

It's not in Belgium for sure that you paid these prices. When we've organized gigs for AF and also for TG in Brussels, tickets cost 15 euros on presale.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Uruthar

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 05:57 pm Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:

I'm pretty sure that small bands like Interria, Valkyre and Distorted would cost 5-10 euros in clubs

I don't get it, they are not replacing bands I think

I think flowing tears is a good band that lots of people would like to see again, since they don't play a lot anymore, so they must be a good choice,

and about money: that's on average 3,5 euro for every band for day 2

Anyway the line-up is still great I'm going to buy my ticket
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 06:01 pm Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
@Nemesis: I will sell my tickets cause the main reason for this fest was AF and TG

If you bought VIP tickets, a lot of people are interested, there is already a topic for this.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 21/05/2007, 09:55 pm Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

Yeah they are VIP tickets but I;ll wait till i sell them to see what I have to do to cancel airplane tickets and place

Visit poster’s website MSN
Siegfried

PostPosted: 26/05/2007, 09:55 am Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:

It's not in Belgium for sure that you paid these prices. When we've organized gigs for AF and also for TG in Brussels, tickets cost 15 euros on presale.

i remember that the first gig i saw in Brussels with the gathering, i paid 14?. it was on 2003 i think, and the one after it was 15? and these bands you can see them often, it's a long time that i didn't see flowing tears. there are a lot of bands that i never saw before : Seraphim, Battlelore, Draconian, Distorted, Sirenia, Darzamat ... i remember to have seen a lot of people asking for Draconian last year, and now they play. i'm sure that promoters have listen to the fans, and choose the bands that were really asked.
this year's edition will be awsome
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:47 am Post subject: FLOWING TEARS added to the bill

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 5 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website