Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some suggestions for next years festival.

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Metal Female Voices Fest (English forum) -> Metal Female Voices Fest general
Previous topic :: Next topic
Saito

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 09:30 am Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

A few things I noticed during this festival that could do with some improving.

- More garbage bins to throw our stuff in. Especially what ever you had infront of the hall wasn't enough to hold it all so it ended all over the place. But we could use more all around the place. And even though this is probably not MFVF's responsibility but placing a few near the small snackbar would be a good idea.. they had one which was barely visible at the end of the festival Smile

- On graspop you could win prices/buy things by collecting empty drinking cups. A similar system would greatly help keep the place clean.

- Proper festival bands.. this was my first MFVF and I was hoping for an festival armband to add to my collection...

- The camping was large enough for the number of tents but could we have one with somewhat less cow poop next year Smile (though somehow we managed to setup our tent around it and none of us stepped in any but I think that was just luck cause there was quite a lot of... shit )

- Clearer rules for the staff to do with lost & found items. The security send us to the ticked booth and the ticked booth send us to the security :>

- More accurate information about the camping because the prices that where posted on the site where wrong. It was indeed 4 euro pp but it doesn't say anywhere its another 2 for the parking the car on the camping.

- It was nice to see toilets with running water on camping that was a big plus it would be really awesome if we could have a few sinks with running water so we can wash up. But seeing the temperature (it was below 0C at night) this might not be an option at all.

- I know festival food usually isn't the highest quality but at least they could make sure its all well done. Most of the warm food I tried wasn't very well done. Maybe have a few more stands the lines where pretty long and with no competition they can just offer us what ever since we don't have an alternative. Belgium is know for its fries maybe pick an company that sells those Smile

- I know festivals are supposed to be loud but I think it was too loud for the speakers or some other part of the sound system. When the volume went up the sound started to distort pretty badly. Especially noticeable in the back of the hall you really might want to look in to that.

- The most important point off all I really want changed by next year PLEASE use a different cd really got sick and tired of listing to the same songs of the same CD (Souls Highway) from the band Beseech every time an show ended lol. It did have a laugh when the last show of the last day ended they started playing dance/trance or what not "how to get a few metalheads outside in 60 seconds" But it did work xD

Other then the above I had a really good time and over all a great festival and we pretty much decided we would be there again next year Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Publicité

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 09:30 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 01:22 pm Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestions.
Most have to be forwarded to the venue and food stall, we hope that they will listen to this.

Oktoberhallen manages by theirselve : bar/drinks, camping, parking, toilets, so we don't have an eye on these points.

Sound ... well, material is a very good one, but usually bands have their own sound engineer, and only want to make like they have decided. Too loud is not good, I agree with you.

Cd ... I didn't have time to notice this and I'm not sure that most of the visitors gave attention to this.
But, next year we will give a new cd to the sound company Wink
They are not in Metal ...

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Saito

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 03:50 pm Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions.
Most have to be forwarded to the venue and food stall, we hope that they will listen to this.

Oktoberhallen manages by theirselve : bar/drinks, camping, parking, toilets, so we don't have an eye on these points.

Sound ... well, material is a very good one, but usually bands have their own sound engineer, and only want to make like they have decided. Too loud is not good, I agree with you.

Cd ... I didn't have time to notice this and I'm not sure that most of the visitors gave attention to this.
But, next year we will give a new cd to the sound company Wink
They are not in Metal ...

Where should I forward these idea's to or will MFVF do this with all the other suggestions?

Well turning the volume up too loud will damage the speakers and the hardware not to mention peoples ears. I'm sure there is an way to test the maximum sound volume before it starts breaking up then you simply instruct/enforce a max volume on the sound system. Of course it still has to be loud I mean its an festival it supposed to be loud but not to the point of ruining it.

And about the cd, well its not that the cd was bad just that it was played from song 1 every time there was a sound check/break between bands so more cd's would make for a nice change. And that they used dance/trance to get everyone outside is probably one of the better idea's and quite amusing Razz

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 21/10/2009, 07:13 pm Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

What I'm still wondering is if the "smoking not allowed"-signs in the VIP-area were there only for decoration purposes, because they seemed to be ignored completely, which could lead to the assumption that smoking affects the ability to understand the meaning of pictograms, at least those saying "smoking not allowed". I suggest that next year there should be at least an "actually/seriously non-smoking"-subsection in the VIP-area. And didn't it also say outside the hall that smoking inside the hall wasn't allowed? It seems that these signs also were ignored by many people.
Choronzon

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 09:18 am Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

The sound was indeed loud sometimes. There's a simple solution, though, bring earplugs (I never leave home without them) to the festival. They even sold them at some of the merch stands for 1,5 euro or something.

The big HD screen & filming crew was a definite highlight of progress this year. Especially for small people (not midgets, you get the clue) like a female friend of mine, this was a plus.

I understand that Mindview is a festival sponsor, but is it really necessary to have a "host" introducing the bands when their names are displayed on the HD screen for all to see? All respect to Mindview but Miss Metal didn't feel all that convincing, mumbling and stumbling almost incoherently through three lines of introduction.

The "no-smoking" debacle annoyed me as well, I'm a non-smoker myself - but with multiple signs hanging all over the place (the main hall & backstage) it was angering to see people just blatantly ignoring them and lighting cigarettes a go-go. Aren't signs like that supposed to be universal, transcending linguistic - and cultural borders?

There also was quite a queue when entering the festival (getting the different sorts of tickets validated and get an wrist-band) - which annoyed a few people standing in the line. It didn't rub me the wrong way, that's the nature of the beast, all volunteers were working their asses off to get everything processed asap and some people just can't wait their turn/want immediate gratification.

The toilets and sanitary facilities were top notch this year. Constantly they were mopping the floor and cleaning the stalls. Clean sinks with running water and enough paper towels - all that for a less than half a euro. Kudos! Keep it up.

The hall looked like a battlefield later on the day. Somebody offered the "festival cleaning" idea by getting drink tickets for cleaning up x amount of cups and litter. This is an idea which I highly recommend looking into, it can only benefit the hall, the fest and volunteers who have to clean up once the program ends.

A few more and possibly bigger garbage bins (even if they're improvised ones) in and outside of the hall. I hate to throw stuff on the floor, cos I (or other people) might have to sit there in between stage-changes/soundchecks.

Oh yeah, all the photographers/press people - can't they get some reserved spot in front of the stage somewhere to shoot their pictures? I remember no matter where I (and my friend) decided to stand to watch some of the bands we liked - be it more in front or the middle of the hall (near the soundboard), we always had some annoying elitist photographer breathing down our neck, forming a line next to or in front of us or generally looking angrily/frustrated when we decided to headbang/move to the music. Whenever I decided to headbang/move I got these surprised looks from some of these folks. People headbang and move at metal shows - don't like that, go see some dumb pop band live.

Masterful Magazine - Poland's premier death/black metal zine
MSN
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 11:00 am Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

Glad to see that some points worked well Smile

Here are a few reactions to the suggestions :

Choronzon wrote:

I understand that Mindview is a festival sponsor, but is it really necessary to have a "host" introducing the bands when their names are displayed on the HD screen for all to see? All respect to Mindview but Miss Metal didn't feel all that convincing, mumbling and stumbling almost incoherently through three lines of introduction.

This year, Miss mindview was not presenting the festival.
This girl was a member of our staff.

Indeed, screen and presenter are maybe too much ...
But at the begining, there were no screen announcements foreseen, only logos and shows.
So, a presenter was necessary.
At last minute, I found the time to prepare the files to announce bands.

Maybe only announcing changes, important stuffs like lost kid, contest, ... but not each band.
This need to be discussed.

Choronzon wrote:
The "no-smoking" debacle annoyed me as well, I'm a non-smoker myself - but with multiple signs hanging all over the place (the main hall & backstage) it was angering to see people just blatantly ignoring them and lighting cigarettes a go-go. Aren't signs like that supposed to be universal, transcending linguistic - and cultural borders?

Well most of the venues are obliged to place non-smoking signs now.
So, normally it's forbidden, but it's tolerated ...
Weather was good, so smoking outside wasn't a problem. But when it's raining, I understand that people are not motivated to go outside.

Maybe a kind of poll to see if people prefer that the VIP area is non-smoking or not ...

Choronzon wrote:

The hall looked like a battlefield later on the day. Somebody offered the "festival cleaning" idea by getting drink tickets for cleaning up x amount of cups and litter. This is an idea which I highly recommend looking into, it can only benefit the hall, the fest and volunteers who have to clean up once the program ends.

Indeed, but this decision will be the one of the Oktoberhallen ... giving free drinks wouldn't probably be a nice idea for them Confused
Cleaning is made by them in the evening (we pay them for this, no volunteers).
Asking them to place more garbage bin should work.

I register all suggestions.
A meeting will be made, in order to solve little problems, etc ...
Each year, you see new stuffs to be changed.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Choronzon

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 11:06 am Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:

Indeed, but this decision will be the one of the Oktoberhallen ... giving free drinks wouldn't probably be a nice idea for them Confused
Cleaning is made by them in the evening (we pay them for this, no volunteers).
Asking them to place more garbage bin should work.

The free drinks was just an loose idea. You could virtually hand out anything to those collecting trash during the festival: left over fest gadgets, overstocked merchandise, etc.

Masterful Magazine - Poland's premier death/black metal zine
MSN
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 11:09 am Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

Oh ... yes I see. Why not.
Suggestion registered.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 09:56 pm Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:

Well most of the venues are obliged to place non-smoking signs now.
So, normally it's forbidden, but it's tolerated ...
Weather was good, so smoking outside wasn't a problem. But when it's raining, I understand that people are not motivated to go outside.
Maybe a kind of poll to see if people prefer that the VIP area is non-smoking or not

How to you get the staff of the hall also to stop. The staff in the bar area were smoking, the staff stopping people going backstage also smoked, the band members also smoked (Van Canto for example)
Naturally I hope that if a vote was for the VIP to be smoke free that there was a least somewhere in the VIP area for the smokers to still go.
And do I smoke.........

Cheers Keith47424
THeHowling

PostPosted: 19/08/2010, 02:35 am Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

FLYLEAF and WITHIN TEMPTATION
DodgyGraver

PostPosted: 28/10/2010, 11:17 pm Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

After visiting this years festival I have a few points that bugged me a bit.

The camping, soggy and clearly a meadow (signs of that everywhere)
It was mentioned before so not much sense to waste words on it.

The non-band music.
In between bands, when there is no immediate sound testing the music wasn't great, it was not meant to hold mood, or give pleasure in any way.
It seemed it was only there to prevent audiospikes when testing(causing fractures in speakers) and to not have the room completely silent.
Get a dj, seriously, a metal dj, and play something good in between. With the exception of a few moments when the where playing the endlessly replayed cd for the first time and when they played Orgasmatron it was a source of annoyance.

Over too early.
I don't know about others, but at eleven/twelve o'clock I am just getting warmed up. With nothing locally to do, jazzed up from the concerts and tipsy, it's a bit(read: a lot) of a let down.
Get an afterparty that lasts till 2 or 4. Get a dj for that, get a light-man/woman.
There are plenty of people that don't want it to be over so suddenly, and there's bound to be people that want to dance and/or hook up, something that is quite difficult to do when all facing a band, tightly packed in a darkened room.

Mention what exactly you are getting when buying a vip-ticket.
Bit of a let-down

If the program says door open at a certain time, it is generally expected that you can enter at that time. Not that the ticket-service opens then and you will need to wait in the cold for a prolonged period of time.

Besides these points, kick-ass festival.

Ow, and I totally support the flyleaf suggestion.

TIMMAH!!! Livin' a lie!
mirosroth

PostPosted: 17/11/2011, 10:45 am Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival. Reply with quote

About Metal Female Voices festivals this one is the very nice suggestion from a Registered user to Admin and i'm just thinking "why I haven't done it before" anyway that's a wonderful one so i appreciate that you've post..

mirosroth
Yahoo Messenger
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:02 am Post subject: Some suggestions for next years festival.

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Metal Female Voices Fest (English forum) -> Metal Female Voices Fest general All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website