Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Top 5 of MFVF 2009
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7
Previous topic :: Next topic
Nomen Nescio

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 07:05 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

For me, it was the first time I went to MFVF, but it won't be the last. I've already made other festivals, but what was special to me was the 'little' distance to everything, artists, podium,acces, parking. I was lucky I had 2 VIP tickets, they are realy worthwhile. Now I know who is Phil and who is Helkanen, but they were too busy, so I didn't spoke them personally.
I even had the luck to take part of a photosession with Trail Of Tears, I had won via the VIP tickets. ( Gothim, thanks!)
I think it could be interesting to give a personal top 5 of the artists who performed on MFVF 2009.
Here's my Top:

Tarja, Doro, Delain, Whyzdom and Krypteria.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to think about my signature. I want to do it right. Untill then you have to accept this one.
Publicité

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 07:05 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Afterforever1

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 08:20 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

My top 5 were,
Tarja
Stream Of Passion
Coronatus
Epica
Whyzdom.

Having said that though there wasn't a single band I didn't enjoy,I'm still buzzing now!! Mr. Green Mr. Green
Nick

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 08:40 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

1. Epica
2. Tarja
3. Doro
4. Delain
5. Stream of Passion

Tarja was as angelic as always and Epica was great, with the new songs and all... Normally I'd put Tarja at 1st place, but since I had already seen her one month ago with almost the same setlist, and since Epica had Floor Jansen and a great setlist, I think their show was the best one for me.

I was extremely impressed by how energetic and cool Doro was... And so many guests, great show. Delain was ok, although I've seen them too many times now. Stream of Passion was kinda cool.

I also liked Krypteria and Leaves' Eyes very much. I didn't really see much of Trail of Tears, but my God, she can sing REALLY well. Van Canto was great. And funny. Razz Midnattsol was ok, but their singer was kinda annoying with her non-stop "Oh you are all sooooo great" saying.

It was a great weekend. =)
Supaplex

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 09:27 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

1. Stream of Passion
2. Epica
3. Tarja
4. Amberian Dawn
5. Doro

Stream of Passion was splendid. Marcela with her cute appearance (outfit reminded me of Sharon den Adel of Within Temptation on the Black Symphony dvd) and beautiful voice, her violin, the backing vocal adding extra atmosphere, and the energetic bass player all added up to a great show. I was kinda wondering how the guitarists would cope with the solos from the first album since Lori Linstruth has such a distinct style. But they did well, and especially the solos from the new album were great. I was glad to see that they had lots of fans waiting in line for their signing session and their latest album seemed to sell well after the gig too. But then again it's a fantastic album! Smile

Epica was a fantastic show as always, seeing Tarja again was awesome too but last year was a little bit better imo with the curtain at the start etc. Mike Terrana's drum solo this year was even better than last year though.

One of the other bands I really wanted to see next to Stream of Passion was Amberian Dawn and I really enjoyed seeing them in Belgium for the first time. Too bad they had technical difficulties and the sound was far for great (loud noise at the start, guitar solos that were too quiet,...). But hell, I was just glad they were there and the audience seemed to like them too. To top it all off I got a drum stick too, woohoo Mr. Green

Doro was great old school heavy metal and a nice show with all the guests. Really enjoyed the Leave's Eyes acoustic set too and looking forward to their performance next year. Delain was good but I still don't really like hearing the songs from Lucidity like this. Ofcourse you can't get all the guest singers from the album live but I think some things could be done better, like the guitarist should do some vocals on The Gathering too. From the bands I didn't know, Krypteria was quite nice.
chelsea

PostPosted: 20/10/2009, 11:14 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

my top 5 are 1- tarja. 2- kivimetsan druidi. 3- autumn. 4- to-mera. 5-will be a tie..as i cannot choose between, manic movement- and about 6 of the other bands...
i thought tarja was awesome this year, less ballads and more speed..everything about this set, was fantastic and made my weekend complete...
darzamat was my big surprise as i hadn't heard them before, and i have now ordered their cd...
i do hope to-mera will be back with a better slot time, so more people can see them, i'm not sure how many people had arrived before they had finished their set...
kivimetsan druidi -- as i expected were excellent.. playing their old shit, new shit , and some speed shit...their words not mine.....
autumn-- one of my favourite bands..saw them and met them...i love this festival....
all the other bands thank you for making this a wonderful weekend...my love is yours.....
finally... a very big thank you to everybody who had a hand in putting this festival together...
i honestly cannot thank you enough.....until next year...... ...paul...
r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 21/10/2009, 05:06 am Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

My top 5

Doro
Epica
Tarja
Coronatus
Midnattsol (get well soon Carmen)

It was my First MFVF. This were 2 amazing days. Thanks to Helcanen, Phil and the whole crew!

Greetings

Rainer
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Güni

PostPosted: 21/10/2009, 10:42 am Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

1. Van Canto
2. Tarja
3. Delain
4. Epica
5. Krypteria

It was my third mfvf now and it was as greas as always. The Sound quality was even better than last year and the videowall a good idea.

PostPosted: 21/10/2009, 03:02 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

So ! It's so difficult to save only 5 names !!! This MFVF opus gave us a lot more of Happiness moments than only 5 names !

But ok ... if I'm posting now it means I'm going to make a choice
Very Happy
______
Alors là ! c'est difficile de ne garder que 5 noms !!! Cette édition du MFVF nous a donné bien plus de moments de Bonheur que juste 5 noms !

Mais bon ... si je poste c'est bien parce que je vais finir par faire un choix Very Happy
______
EPICA ( We spent a genial evening ! Wonderfull Show / On a passé une soirée géniale ! Super show)
WHYZDOM ( I never saw so many people for the 2nd set of the Saturday ! in spite of some worries they assured a set which marked minds / Je n'ai jamais vu autant de monde pour un 2ème concert du Samedi ! Et malgré quelques soucis ils ont assuré un set qui a marqué les esprits)
DELAIN ( A warm-hearted group which takes the public with him and Charlotte establishes herself more and more as one of nicest Female Voices / Un groupe chaleureux qui emmène le public avec lui et Charlotte s'affirme de plus en plus comme l'une des plus belle Female Voices)
TRAIL OF TEARS ( When you regret that the show ends so soon and you return to listen to their music after the Fest it means you really appreciate / Lorsqu'on regrette que ça se termine aussi vite et qu'on retourne écouter leurs morceaux après le Fest c'est qu'on a vraiment apprécié)
STREAM OF PASSION ( A discovery which can be the beginning of a passion / Une découverte qui est peut être le début d'une passion ...)
Visit poster’s website
Orzark

PostPosted: 21/10/2009, 04:24 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

Hi ,

My top 5 for saturday only ( too bad that i coudn't go on sunday ... )

Whyzdom ... didn't know them but wow great show
Kivimetsan druidi
Flowing tears
Krypteria
Delain

I wanted to see Coronatus ... another time I hope, maybe next year edition ?? ^^

Thx for all your efforts .

Orz
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 21/10/2009, 07:20 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

My top 5 is actually just a top 2:
Midnattsol
Doro

(Yes, I know, I'd make a very promising nominee for the "Pickiest MFVF-Attendee"-award, if there was one.)

And no, I did not regret coming to this festival.
Hutch

PostPosted: 21/10/2009, 10:09 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

My top 5:
- Epica: in my personal opinion, the best show of the entire festival
- Stream Of Passion: a great live discovery... Marcela Bovio's voice is at turn beautiful and catchy and the band has a great energy on stage
- Trail Of Tears: I only know them on disc since their latest album but on stage, it's very effective, catchy, with the excellent voice of Cathrine Paulsen.
- Van Canto: a real surprise (metal a cappella) but very interesting to listen to... A good discovery!
- Ex-aequo:
* Autumn: for the atmosphere of their music very well performed live
* Whyzdom: I follow the french band since 1 year now. Ok, they had to face some problems but their set was all in all effective and, most of all, they met a great public success (tchat with the audience, photos, signing session where they had a lot of people in the queue). For a lot of persons who didn't know them, it's the discovery of a new talent.

Film Music Man
Visit poster’s website
Choronzon

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 09:13 am Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

Hmm, been going to MFVF since its third edition, their maiden year at Oktoberhallen.

Top 5 this year:

1. To-Mera / Amberian Dawn
2. Epica
3. Kivimetsan Druidi
4. Flowing Tears
5. Midnattsol

Couple of bands that I wasn't too fond about on CD, turned out to be actually amazing/weird:

PDP: visual kei meets punk-metal. During the soundcheck it sounded like the frontwoman was simulating an orgasm. Immortal dialogue: "We are very great to be here. We love to play all over you". A career in prostitution in the future for the singer?

Unsun (feat. Mauser, ex-Vader, Dies Irae): Aya's vocals aren't as nearly as annoying as on their CD "The End Of Life", which they played pretty much completely. Mauser is still a masterful guitarist.

Kivimetsän Druidi: I reacted quite lukewarm to their CD "Shadowheart". Bombastic folk/pagan metal with fast black metal parts and almost death metal riffing. The war-paint is pretty ridiculous, but the chick singer's rack made up for that. Powerful stuff, ideal to headbang to.

Flowing Tears: Heavy live, too flat and sterile on cd. Their latest album "Thy Kingdom Gone" is pretty dark for the genre's usual standards. Helen Vogt has a mean rasp as well, go front a mean death/black metal band, girl.

Amberian Dawn: Finland can do no wrong. Speedy neo-classical power metal with Finnish folk melodies and soaring operatic vocals. Heidi is my new favorite female vocalist. Nice choice from old and new material: 'Valkyries', 'Fate Of the Maiden', 'He Sleeps In A Grove', 'My Only Star', 'Kokko, Eagle Of Fire', 'Shallow Waters', 'River Of Tuoni' and 'Incubus' were played.

Krypteria: I love their vocalist a long time now.

Midnattsol: Carmen-Elise had a cold/infection and needed a boyfriend, as she was constantly referring to the audience as "all you guys". Nice robe, though.

Epica: live show, pyrotechnics, fire play & Simone Simons.

Second day:

To-Mera: my personal favorite and Julie is a goddess. Great choice of material played from their new self-released EP, plus material from their two Candlelight Records released albums "Transcendental" & "Delusions".

Masterful Magazine - Poland's premier death/black metal zine
MSN
Bjorn

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 04:23 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

Me and my gf's top 5:

1. Epica
2. Kivimetsan Druidi
3. Trail of Tears
4. Darzamat
5. Flowing Tears

But I enjoyed a lot of the other bands too of course!
Midnattsol was very good too, but she thanked us too much, was kinda annoying. Sad
Penetenziagite

PostPosted: 24/10/2009, 10:26 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

-stream of passion
-autumn
-Epica
-Tarja
-Doro

I already made a full review, http://www.last.fm/event/892117 Metal Female Voices Fest VII/reviews

but wow, Stream of Passion blew me away.. the only band that can compete I think is DSO. Tarja is great but pwease, play some Nightwish... I needs it! Epica is great, but I so long for old material! I don't have a single album of Doro, but seeing them live each time is just a great party! Smile
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 25/10/2009, 12:38 pm Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009 Reply with quote

Penetenziagite wrote:

I already made a full review, http://www.last.fm/event/892117 Metal Female Voices Fest VII/reviews

Thanks for the review.
This is off-topic, but good to remember : this year, the presenter was not one of the miss that mindview imposed us.
Cordy is a member of the MFVF staff Wink
(I agree about the ribbon, I totally dislike this Laughing )

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 07:58 am Post subject: Top 5 of MFVF 2009

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF7 All times are GMT
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website