Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bands' suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 322, 23, 2440, 41, 42  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF8
Previous topic :: Next topic
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 04/04/2010, 08:15 am Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

Never heard of them either. If it is true, then this is what I like about MFVF. They certainly do introduce new bands to us to hear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers Keith47424
Publicité

PostPosted: 04/04/2010, 08:15 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Mick

PostPosted: 04/04/2010, 10:01 am Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

I'd like to see at MFVF8 or Warm-up party:

-Hanging Doll
-Sin7sinS
-ETHS
-Arkona
-Teardown
-Luna Obscura, I've seen that they finally managed to play live concerts.
Lunar Reflection

PostPosted: 04/04/2010, 10:58 am Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

I'm sorry but ...
ReVamp is a new band right? With no material released as of now except an excerpt of a song from their upcoming album ... right? Yet they are above Tristania and Leaves' Eyes who both headlined MFVF once just because it has Floor? I'm not saying ReVamp should be completely down the bill, I get that popularity doesn't fade, but I find it extremely odd to make them subheadliner when this year you have fairly big bands that are easily bigger than them. I'm not saying I don't want to see them (hell, I'd much rather see ReVamp than Leaves' Eyes, for sure) but I think it's a bit unfair competition to put bands up so far on the bill just because a couple of members used to play in a famous band ... :/

Edit: yes this is kind of a band suggestion.
r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 04/04/2010, 12:26 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

You 're right, ReVamp is a new Band. But band leader and female singer Floor Jansen is one of the greatest voices. She was over many years lead singer of After Forever. And I think ReVamp could be the follower of After Forever. And I think she is very popular in Belgium and the Netherlands. I think Revamp is a good headliner.
And now have a look to Tarya. She also was headliner a few times with a new Band. And she hasn't a fix lineup in her band.

Greetings

Rainer
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Raifiku

PostPosted: 04/04/2010, 12:28 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

i agree with lunar, altough it's an unescapable fact about tarya and her band.

//raifiku
Lunar Reflection

PostPosted: 04/04/2010, 05:41 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

r_kerber wrote:
You 're right, ReVamp is a new Band. But band leader and female singer Floor Jansen is one of the greatest voices. She was over many years lead singer of After Forever. And I think ReVamp could be the follower of After Forever. And I think she is very popular in Belgium and the Netherlands. I think Revamp is a good headliner.
And now have a look to Tarya. She also was headliner a few times with a new Band. And she hasn't a fix lineup in her band.

Yeah but Tarja did get 'degradated' ... you should realise that Nightwish are far bigger than After Forever in terms of popularity. Nightwish almost sold out Forest National here (8000 people venue) and subheadlined one of europe's biggest metal festivals Graspop (which over the weekend had 130000 visitors), If you'd ask Nightwish now at this moment (let's say they're not on a break) to come to MFVF they'd laugh and walk on. However Tarja her solo project is smaller than Nightwish and it's fair for her to headline this festival.
HOWEVER, After Forever (as much as I love them) would've been able to headline this festival yeah, but I didn't really see them almost selling out Forest National or subheadlining Graspop, so I think it's only fair that ReVamp would go down a bit on the bill, since they really don't deserve subheadlining spot.
It's simple maths if you ask me. Razz
Maglor

PostPosted: 04/04/2010, 05:56 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

That's because Nightwish sounds way more 'poppy' (especially with Annette now). Even people that don't even know the word 'gothic' or 'metal' know or listen to Nightwish... They even have video clips on the popular music tv channels (MTV, TMF, ...), After Forever wouldn't even think about putting a video clip on there, it's just a total difference in music. Try asking common people if they know Nightwish. Some will say yes immediately or yes after naming songs like Nemo, Walking in the Air, Wish I had an angel or Amaranth. Then try asking if they know After Forever... Razz Meh you get the point right? Razz

Visit poster’s website MSN
Raifiku

PostPosted: 04/04/2010, 07:11 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

nightwish is more famous and populair, cuz they now have a more diverse variety of songs, i do so hate it when people call nightwish popish and name the new singer in the same sentence, kinda shows they have absolulately no knowledge of metal.

Hell, nightwish may have changed, for better or worse, but it aint nowhere near pop, if you think it is, you had better go research what pop is excactly.

//raifiku
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 05/04/2010, 08:44 am Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

I believe that Floor is going to do After Forever songs on her shows too, and considering that After Forever never said goodbye with a live show, there are many many people who desperately want to hear After Forever songs played on stage!Lets not forget how crazy people got when Epica played an After Forever song, Follow in the Cry, last year with Floor Mr. Green

Also, Tristania f.e have a new voice and they will be totally different from what we already know, thus making them a totally new band. On the other hand Floor is the same voice and she can play so many songs from After Forever albums to keep the crowd interested for more than 3 hours Cool

Besides, wait for the ReVamp album to be released this June
And lets not be too "mathematical", Tarja headlined twice with just one album barely metal/rock, but of course people enjoyed her to the max Mr. Green

Visit poster’s website MSN
ash666

PostPosted: 08/04/2010, 04:01 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

I would like to see:

http://www.myspace.com/hysterica

http://www.myspace.com/triosphere

http://www.myspace.com/imberofficial

http://www.myspace.com/officialkittie

http://www.myspace.com/innereden
Visit poster’s website ICQ
Raifiku

PostPosted: 08/04/2010, 07:14 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

hysterica kittie and inner eden rule!

i especially like kittie, if you all know what i mean ^^

//raifiku
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 10/04/2010, 09:14 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

Would Kittie be invited back after pulling out a couple of years ago?

Cheers Keith47424
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 12/04/2010, 08:22 am Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

I doubt ... same agent, so same problem.
A pitty for the band.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Liez

PostPosted: 12/04/2010, 12:29 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

Arkona would be nice on the list!

And I don't mind if Epica wil headline again, they rock! ^^
Sanguine_Sky
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 12/04/2010, 12:29 pm Post subject: Bands' suggestions Reply with quote

Seems that we're a lot of people who wants Arkona Smile
MSN Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:48 am Post subject: Bands' suggestions

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF8 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 322, 23, 2440, 41, 42  >
Page 23 of 42

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website