Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Festival's suggestions - requests
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF8
Previous topic :: Next topic
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 07:22 am Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

This section is open for suggestions and requests.
(no bands' suggestion here, thanks)

We ask you to be objective, positive and realistic Wink

A little reminder : parking, camping, public bar is managed by the Oktoberhallen.
We know that there are often points to discuss, but we only can send them the message.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 07:22 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Choronzon

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 09:08 am Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

The big HD screen & filming crew was a definite highlight of progress this year. Especially for small people (not midgets, you get the clue) like a female friend of mine, this was a plus.

I understand that Mindview is a festival sponsor, but is it really necessary to have a "host" introducing the bands when their names are displayed on the HD screen for all to see? All respect to Mindview but Miss Metal didn't feel all that convincing, mumbling and stumbling almost incoherently through three lines of introduction.

Security, merch stands, food, toilets and such were all top notch again. Kudos to the organisation for that.

Masterful Magazine - Poland's premier death/black metal zine
MSN
Erik Schepers

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 09:56 am Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

Toilet paper / paper towels at the backstage area (saturday evening there appeared to be one half roll left, and no towels).

Better coffee backstage (the one cup I had on sunday wasn't very strong, or particularly hot).

Photographers should be required to take their backpacks off in the photopit - there is sufficient room to leave them in front of the stage.

Other than that, no requests or problems that need fixing.
Visit poster’s website MSN
Choronzon

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 10:05 am Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

Helcanen, more visitor suggestions can be found here:

http://mfvf.xooit.com/t413-Some-suggestions-for-next-years-festival.htm#p50…

Masterful Magazine - Poland's premier death/black metal zine
MSN
Supaplex

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 10:16 am Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

I think the big screen would work better if it was hanging just a bit higher up on the wall. Me I'm quite large so I don't need it, but for some of my smaller friends the screen was handy although their view on it could be blocked quite easily.
Jasper

PostPosted: 22/10/2009, 10:59 pm Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

-
Quote:
Toilet paper / paper towels at the backstage area (saturday evening there appeared to be one half roll left, and no towels).

Couldn't agree more.

Went to the toilet 5 times in 2 days in the VIP area & 4 times out of 5 i had to bug the people who do the VIP bar to get me some toilet paper.

Reason of not enough paper: the paper towels were always gone, so people used toilet paper to dry their hands instead, which caused no more toilet paper after just a few hours after they were refilled.

- Music was LOUD. This was my first year so i don't know if this is standard?
What i DID notice is: A LOT of people asked me where they could buy earplugs (i asked several people myself aswel!).
Hand out ear plugs at the entrance / free ear plugs for the VIP room / make sure one of the vendors has a large stock of earplugs?
The yellow ones that cost 1 euro's will be just fine & i can assure the vendor he would make a nice protif out of it.

- The lady announcing the bands, in my eyes, is not really necesary. The first thing that pops down when a new band comes on stage is their flags & other items they brought, plus it gets shown on the big screen which band will be preform PLUS there are plenty of info folders of FMV scattered throughout the entire festival room with what band plays at what time.

What WOULD be easier though is duct-tape a timetable to the wall somewhere so people dont have to check their pockets or have to look for an info booklet all the time.

And now the major thing that could be better:

The waiting line for signatures. I think this was one of the most messed up stuff i saw.
Yes, giving out signatures is great, but there was no structure in how to stand & where to wait in line what so ever. Lots of people cut the line & got ahead of lots of people which caused quite some frustration. Have more fences / a better room to do the signins? At one point you had to go on a 200 meter detour to get outside just cause the left part of the oktoberhallen was a complete pile of queue for signatures.
javipriest

PostPosted: 23/10/2009, 12:13 am Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

I'm new here in the forum but I've been going to the festival three years, it seems a fantastic festival. I would like for the following year that had more organization in the session signature because it was a little chaos, everything else great. I have only one doubt and large. Why Tarja session never makes signatures?, Even the last to touch Could not do before?, Do not understand.
Timmie

PostPosted: 23/10/2009, 08:55 am Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

Choronzon wrote:
The big HD screen & filming crew was a definite highlight of progress this year.

I totally agree that Smile

The band-merch was a little chaotic.
Some bands I didn't find in the merch-corner... Crying or Very sad
MSN
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 23/10/2009, 09:29 am Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

Some bands didn't bring merch at all ... Confused

Next year, merch area should be more organized, this year, we had a few new members who needed to find their marks.
Now, they see how to make it.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
KvD

PostPosted: 23/10/2009, 02:16 pm Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

i think,more bins;) there was loads of stuff on the floor,thats sad when ppl throw botles on the ground:(

but fest was ineed very good Very Happy looking forward to next edition:)

Karolina vel Death

www.myspace.com/karolinaveldeath
Visit poster’s website
Bjorn

PostPosted: 23/10/2009, 07:01 pm Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

I think more trash bins is what I want too!
I really prefer to throw my trash in there, and not on the ground, but the only ones I can remember are the one next to the hotdog stand, and a few outside.
DisturbedMe

PostPosted: 24/10/2009, 05:29 pm Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

Just got one little point: is it possible to put on another cd between the gigs? Because after two years of Beseech, we know the cd well Mr. Green
Penetenziagite

PostPosted: 24/10/2009, 08:16 pm Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

No no, keep Beseech! its great Wink

If possible a few more bins could be nice; and well, I know its soo difficult... but can every now and then; a band be given one more song? With Coronatus everyone was shouting for more; but it was not to be.

Its a great festival; this was my third time; I fly over from Manchester each year. The awards where a bit naf; its more something that TMF (spit) does for their 15 year old fanbase. to quote the famous words from Ozzie Osborne when he saw the soap bubble machine installed for his gig: "I'm the prince of fucking Darkess for fuck sake, I don't need no fucking bubble machine" .

The screen was a great idea; the people at the wardrobe where great; service at the bar good and the whole atmosphere excellent. Maybe next year the first aid people can carry earplugs to hand out; I had my own this year but I saw so many people putting their fingers in their ears during Tarja...

Can I suggest bands for next year? if so where can i do that? how about looking at the thread right above this one... somtimes I get so tired of myself Wink

I really appreciate this festival, its just amazing. Keep on going!! \o/
Zvetiki

PostPosted: 25/10/2009, 03:43 am Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

The HD screen was a very nice addition; great screen quality, great filming, creat cutting/editing. Should definitely be done again next year!

I actually liked the announcer, not so much as for what she said, but as a general reminder of "Oh, let's turn from merchandising to the stage, it's going to go on right now.".

As usual, the organisers delivered on inviting some bands which I never heard before who turned out to be great (like PDP and Whyzdom).

Organisation: Little deviations from the time sheet: Great! No cancellations in the last minute: Even better! But please, open the registers a few minutes before 10:00 (same request as every year...)!

Backstage: Nice that we could again pay cash. There needs to be more paper in the toilets.

Quote:
Better coffee backstage (the one cup I had on sunday wasn't very strong, or particularly hot).

The coffee on Saturday was good, but I think they got problems with their machine, so you might have got hit by that.

(Everything I say concerns Saturday only, as we had to leave Sunday morning.)
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 25/10/2009, 12:32 pm Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests Reply with quote

Yes, desk opening is always the same problem.
I ask to Ticketnet to be there at 9h ... and this year, I had to open it by myself until they arrive Mad

I've to keep 1 or 2 extras from our side to open it at scheduled time ...

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:06 pm Post subject: Festival's suggestions - requests

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF8 All times are GMT
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website