Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photo help?

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF8
Previous topic :: Next topic
Jasper

PostPosted: 19/10/2010, 06:07 pm Post subject: Photo help? Reply with quote

Greetings,

My girlfriend & me came to the festival last year and we brought a nikon 40D.
This camera got stolen a few months back & a friend of us sold his old camera to us.

Ive got a BIT of SLR camera knowledge, but not a WHOLE lot.

We are now using a Sony Alpha 330
The lens is a standard 18-55 mm / F3.5-F5.6 lens.
Now i know i will be able to take some decent pictures in the VIP room since there are enough lights there (if its the same room as last year).
Question is: i want to make some nice pictures of the main stage aswell, i know i will have to get closeby (18-55mm isnt that far of a reach Very Happy), but can anyone give me any tips & tricks on how to quickly setup my camera to work decently with all the lights & lasers & everything?

I know i will have to put my flash OFF & have to put the camera in either S or M (for aperture or shutter speed), but any other hints you can give me?

Correct me if i'm wrong: aperture as low a number as possible will get more light into the camera? (aperture is the opening of the diafragm?) The lower the number, the larger the hole, the more light comes in. Did i understand this right?
Faster shutter speed will make the camera take a picture faster, but the picture will be darker? Did i understand this right?

Thanks Smile
Publicité

PostPosted: 19/10/2010, 06:07 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Nomen Nescio

PostPosted: 19/10/2010, 08:03 pm Post subject: Photo help? Reply with quote

Take a look at the many tips and tricks you can find in the posts and topics of Gothim.
Gothim is a friendly young photographer, who,is the official festival photographer.
I for myself, I would suggest that you put the iso as high as possible on your camera: 1600 or 3200 if possible.
Diaphragm wide open ( small numbers.....), and keeping in mind timeshutter not shorter then 1/100.
Don't expect to much of your camera, your lens can't compete with a 2.8 pro lens with a zoom up to 200 or even 400 mm.

Anyway, after first concert, you can already review your work, sitting in the Viproom.
There will be other hobby-photographers too, so you can ask some advice if wanted.

See you,

Nomen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to think about my signature. I want to do it right. Untill then you have to accept this one.
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 19/10/2010, 09:11 pm Post subject: Photo help? Reply with quote

I know nothing about taking photos really but I have a Nikon D90 and took some decent ish photos. Take a look if you want at them (see link under my signature at bottom of this message.) I shall also be in the VIP area so come over for a chat if you want.

Cheers Keith47424
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 20/10/2010, 06:19 am Post subject: Photo help? Reply with quote

Nomen Nescio wrote:
Take a look at the many tips and tricks you can find in the posts and topics of Gothim.
Gothim is a friendly young photographer, who,is the official festival photographer.
I for myself, I would suggest that you put the iso as high as possible on your camera: 1600 or 3200 if possible.
Diaphragm wide open ( small numbers.....), and keeping in mind timeshutter not shorter then 1/100.
Don't expect to much of your camera, your lens can't compete with a 2.8 pro lens with a zoom up to 200 or even 400 mm.

Anyway, after first concert, you can already review your work, sitting in the Viproom.
There will be other hobby-photographers too, so you can ask some advice if wanted.

See you,

Nomen

That's it Okay

go visit my site (regularly updated): www.pbase.com/timsphotos
OFFICIAL MFVF PHOTOGRAPHER
Visit poster’s website MSN
Jasper

PostPosted: 20/10/2010, 10:03 am Post subject: Photo help? Reply with quote

Iso's that high will not turn out too great with the type of camera i'm using.

I took a look at the photos i took last year & most of the ones that were good were @ iso 400 or 800, going higher with the stolen nikon would corellate the pictures too much, i assume the sony alpha 330 i use now will be about the same Smile

Thanks for the fast replies Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:12 pm Post subject: Photo help?

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF8 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website