Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF10: Bands suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 37, 8, 922, 23, 24  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
Sanguine_Sky
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 29/12/2011, 01:49 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Yes, Arkan would be awesome. I've seen them on stage 2 times and I just want to see them again, they're awesome !
MSN Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: 29/12/2011, 01:49 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
gotikin

PostPosted: 29/12/2011, 02:11 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Arkan no please!!!

BTW: hello sanguine_sky

i thinks ETHS or kells or scandelion
ManOnTheMoon

PostPosted: 06/01/2012, 02:00 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

RIP Nicole Bogner (former singer of VoA) :'(
She died after a severe disease...
Sing with the angels..
MFVF X should be tributed to her! :'(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know sometimes it frightens me when you say my name and I can't see you ?
Visit poster’s website MSN
RedRocker

PostPosted: 08/01/2012, 12:06 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Nikolaï wrote:
Hello,

I really am happy to come to the MFVF each year for a while now. I've always been satisfied with the line-up, and the sound quality. But lately I have noticed there were a couple of problems no-one have pointed out yet (according to what I've read around).

The first problem is the lights. They are a torture for the crowd, hurting the eyes as hell, and often preventing from taking decent pictures. That's without even mentionning the smoke... Unless you have a super reflex you know how to use, it is VERY hardcore to succeed at this task. Isn't it a way to check that before it is too late for MFVF X ?

The second problem is probably related to the first one : I know the fest has grown from nothing to a pretty decent and reknown event. But it still can't, and shouldn't compare to bigger festivals. This year was absurd : the distance between the crowd and the border of the scene was ridiculous. From where I was (first row), it was IMPOSSIBLE to see the drummer for most of the bands ! And the three runways also were ridiculous for several reasons
- the lights (again) didn't even light the right / left one. So what was the point ?
- the non-vocalist bandmembers didn't use them (or some of them did ...).
- some vocalists didn't even use them either (hello Zuberoa ...)
So what was the point ?
If the goal was just enabling the pro-photographers to have better shooting angles, that was a wrong goal.
It the goal was to give the crowd a better interaction with the bands, it failed.
So PLEASE, remove those runways, and just make the scene closer to the crowd again ...

Third problem : Ok, we all got that Diabulus in Musica was releasing a new album, with a new videoclip called Sceneries of Hope. And it was pretty good. BUT WHY THE F**K did you need to show it between every show ? It was oppressive. Really.

Apart from that, the line-up was pretty good, even though I was at first a bit disappointed by the fourth headliner not so headliner (VoA).

Happy new year in advance, and see you for MFVF X !

Hello!

Been too inactive on this forum for too long....

I think it is a Great thing to give positive and negative feedback on the festival!
The positive feedback makes the crew wanna make another festival, the negative helps them do an even BETTER festival the next year!

But in this case i must say "Nikolaï" is all WRONG!!
I was at MFVF 2009, and the lights were GREAT.... some of the best i have ever seen.....
Returning in 2011, saw the BEST Light-Rig i have EVER experienced at a concert!
Bands were using the lights as they wished.... Therion used calmed ones...nice....for example Midnattsol and Battlelore hit it big time, and what an experience it did become!!!
Examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR-xXrfuOdo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRILT62Wh5A
Just Fantastic.
For myself i was in front for some gigs... in the back for some of the others.... Just Great.
I have asked several festivalgoers about this, and none recognized this with "hurting eyes" ????
As for photographs, Amateurish from us in the audience, i can understand it may not be the most perfect conditions...
-But i really don´t see this as a problem, since there are at least 10+ photographers taking fantastic PRO pictures, which we later ALL can take advantage of later, on the net!
And for videos, let the Youtube links speak for itself! Smile

Second "Problem", the catwalk... i think it worked fine! Have we ever seen Lori Lewis this close?? (except for the afterparty at Ibis haha) Very Happy
We didn´t have a problem with it at all.... i think the riotfence was at the same distance as the 2009 Festival.
Would love to see Angela (And Simone! Wink ) do the catwalk in 2012! Thumbs up for this!

Third "problem".... I spoke to many visitors, from all over the world, and one of the appearences appreciated most was Diabulus in Musica!
Most of them saw them as the best band in 2010, but also in 2011!
To see the new video premiere on the big screens were avesome... got better for everytime! (at least WE thought!)
Apart from the very cool Festival anthem (also by DIM!), Sceneries of Hope feels like the anthem of 2011!

As i started with, positive and negative feedback are GOOD for the festival, so i respect it all in every way.

This was just my opinion on it!

ROCK ON and see you all at MFVF 2012!

Will shortly be back with MY wishes for 2012 Smile
Sanguine_Sky
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 08/01/2012, 07:02 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

As for DiM's video and the lights, I just agree with Nikolaï Wink
MSN Skype
Thor

PostPosted: 10/01/2012, 06:21 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Sanguine_Sky wrote:
As for DiM's video and the lights, I just agree with Nikolaï Wink

I totally disagree with this and Nikolai's comments about the light.

There are many reasons why I love this festival and the brilliant sound and light are among them. Regardless if you are there at the festival or see video clips you will realise that the light is excellent. To the organisers I just want to say keep up the great work you are already doing. Okay

There may be people complaining cause they don't like the light when they take pictures. However, just ignore them and focus on producing great light for the bands and fans that appreciate the music and light more than taking pictures.....

Well maybe they played the video too many time, but that's nothing I'm bothered about and Diabulus in Musica deserved it as imo they were the best performance of the festival.
Thor

PostPosted: 10/01/2012, 06:37 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Requesting bands is difficult as there are just too many great bands I would like to see at the next festival.

Arch Enemy and Arkona are great additions. The focus should now be on beautiful voices. Delain is a good choice, but we need a lot more than that.

There were a lot of excellent performances at the last festival that one could wish to see this year again. However, imo it's boring to have the same bands again and I'd rather see other bands this year. Although I wouldn't mind two exceptions from that rule. I'm really excited about Xandria's new album. The new vocalist and especially the new song Euphoria was absolutely amazing and if the rest of the album is of similar standard then they are improving so much so I'm more than happy to see them again. I was really looking forward to see Diabulus in Muscia at the festival. However, I could never imagine they would be so good. In my opinion they were the best band of the festival and with a new album coming up they deserve to return again.

Below are some bands that I really hope we will see at this festival:

Tarja
    Haggard
    Epica
    Diabulus in Musica
    Silent Opera
    Katra
    Sirenia
    Tristania
    Coronatus
    Liv Moon
    Xandria
Thor

PostPosted: 10/01/2012, 07:06 pm Post subject: Re: WINTER IN EDEN FOR MFVF 2012 Reply with quote

BLADEROCK wrote:
I think it's about time some quality new bands were given a chance to shine.
Winter In Eden will be bringing their second album out in 2012 and they are brilliant live.
Last week they did a one and a half hour set straight off to a full house.
The best female fronted band in the UK never to have played MFVF.

Regardless if they played at MFVF before or not, the best UK female fronted band doesn't mean much. You should really look abroad and promote more interesting bands for a first appearance at MFVF. Ii recently discovered some new bands and for example the three bands below are some I much rather see than Winter in Eden.

Silent Opera (Italy)

Liv Moon (Japan)

Katra (Finland)

Bongo

PostPosted: 11/01/2012, 05:38 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Hey i don´t agree that DIM was the best year on zhe 2011 edition they were the best on the 2010 edition for me the best band were Triosphere that i hope will be back this year other bands i would like to see is Ava Inferi of Portugal and i agree with you for Tristania and Sirenia AND Epica
wallace

PostPosted: 13/01/2012, 01:07 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Suggestions : As Nightwish, Evanescence and Within Temptation are not possible ...

Epica (new tour, with new album)
Leave's Eyes
Delain
Kivimetsan Druidi
Arch Enemy
Skeptical Minds
Echoterra
Dylath Leen
Diabulus In Musica
Anwynn
Tarja
Stream Of Passion
Flowing Tears
Lacuna Coil (new album, so new tour)
Midnattsol

And many others

And this is not the appearance order, of course.

Wallace
Visit poster’s website
Thor

PostPosted: 13/01/2012, 04:25 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Well it's the 10th Anniversary so one could at least wish for something extraordinary. I don't think any of it will come true but it would be amazing if it did.

* Tarja reunited with Nightwish for a special show
    * Theatre of Tragedy reunited with Liv Kristine performing Velvet Darkness They Fear and Aégis
    * Therion returning again with Thomas Vikström and proper male male vocals. This would enable two amazing duets with Tarja. Thomas and Tarja performing the phantom of the opera would be absolutely amazing. Then there could be a duet with my two favourite metal female voices Tarja and Lori Lewis Very Happy .
    * Otyg reunited and a new album with more vocals by Cia

Dark_Emperor

PostPosted: 13/01/2012, 04:39 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
Well it's the 10th Anniversary so one could at least wish for something extraordinary. I don't think any of it will come true but it would be amazing if it did.

* Tarja reunited with Nightwish for a special show
    * Theatre of Tragedy reunited with Liv Kristine performing Velvet Darkness They Fear and Aégis
    * Therion returning again with Thomas Vikström and proper male male vocals. This would enable two amazing duets with Tarja. Thomas and Tarja performing the phantom of the opera would be absolutely amazing. Then there could be a duet with my two favourite metal female voices Tarja and Lori Lewis Very Happy .
    * Otyg reunited and a new album with more vocals by Cia

+1

After Forever reunion with Floor and Mark Very Happy
RedRocker

PostPosted: 13/01/2012, 07:16 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Hello! Sweden Here! Here are our 10 votes from the Jury:

TARJA
Always! Favourite Solo Artist!

EPICA
Always! Favourite Band!

LUNATICA
Incredible this band hasn´t appeared on the Festival yet, Now is the time!
I still consider "Fables & Dreams" a classic in the genre.

KATRA
2 Great albums released, and have never appeared on the festival either... would be a thrill! Smile

LAPIS LAZULI
Last years "Team Sweden" Line-Up was really strong!
This year i really would like to see this band that are on the rise!
Take a listen to their 2 latest albums (both 2011) "A Loss Made Forever" and "A Justified Loss".... GREAT!

BATTLELORE
GREAT show at the previous MFVF! Something i hadn´t expected... now a fan for life!

DIABULUS IN MUSICA
A band that MUST return! Could have been the best gig at the festival... and really nice people too! Mr. Green

REVAMP
Seen them a few times, but not at the Festival, GREAT! Floor is back, so let´s have Revamp back to MFVF!!

LACUNA COIL
Seen them several times before... but they are such a GREAT Liveband!!
Think i heard something that they don´t wanted to play at the festival since it´s photofriendly?
Well, now it´s 2012... so things should have changed... let´s bring ´em on! Okay

THERION
Well, seen them nearly 20 times, but they MUST be on this list!
Clearly one of the best bands in the world, and MFVF was really GREAT! (but missed Thomas)
I´m proud to be Swedish! Mr. Green

Bands at MFVF 2011 i *REALLY* Would like to see again at MFVF 2012:

MIDNATTSOL (best time i´ve seen them, avesome! Carmen & the boys must return!)
NEMHAIN (EXCELLENT gig!)
KIVIMETSAN DRUIDI (Best crowdresponse at the festival? The Finns were GREAT!!)
XANDRIA (Very cool show, new album in 2012, and yes, they should return!)
AMARANTHE (A bit different band in the Line-Up, but were they good or what?? Sweden serendipity!)
LEAVE´S EYES (First time i saw them, VERY impressed!!)
BARE INFINITY (Greece´s Finest, and damn they were good!)

Sorry for the long post... but this thread has been a bit calm, so it really needed to live up a bit!

ROCK ON FOLKS!

Cheers to ALL of the MFVF and VIP-Area crew for making the No1 Festival return year after year!

Happy Anniversary! Smile

DanTheSwede / VIP-Attender in 2012 again.

PS/ I have to apologise for my friend that is complaining about the "Gaybeer" year after year....
We all love the beer, but we Vikings are used to 1Litre beers instead of 0,25L... But the more we buy, cheers! Laughing
Bongo

PostPosted: 13/01/2012, 09:21 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Yeah i agree for LUNATICA i have now attended 6 MFVF and they were never on i hope for this year new album in the making Revamp played at the 2010 editon!! you forgot the best swedisch band of all TRIOSPHERE amazing an very nice people!!!
Thor

PostPosted: 13/01/2012, 09:27 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Well there has been some good suggestions and that's a damn good list you got there Okay . The band I'd like to see the most were posted before and we are in agreement with several of them Very Happy . Just some minor comments:

* Lapis Lazuli - I'm happy too see them for the first time with an early slot if there is room on the schedule
* Lunatica - I agree it would be nice to see them, but not my priority if you have to choose between other bands
* Battlelore - They were truly amazing last year. They didn't fit my top 5, but was so close and I would be very happy to see them again
* Lacuna Coil - I actually went to Loud Park 2007 in Japan that your clip linked to and I disagree with this choice. The only other female fronted band that year was Therion. They were absolutely amazing and watching Lacuna afterwards they felt kind of a plastic, low budget and worse version. I've seen good gigs with them, but I don't think they stand the competition at MFVF. They would also steal a spot from bands that better deserved it.
* Revamp - Not a priority to me as I'd rather see other bands

There were a lot of amazing performances, but imo it's boring to put the same band on again.

Both Midnattsol and Leave's Eyes showed the best performance I've ever seen from them. However, I'd rather seen some new band this year. Liv would be welcome though as I suggested with Theatre of Tragedy reunited performing Velvet Darkness They Fear and Aégis

I wouldn't like to see neither Nemhain nor Amaranthe again at MFVF, but Kivimetsän Druidi were brilliant and I would very please to see them returning.

The best way to celebrate the 10th Anniversary would be to bring an orchestra on stage. Why not letting Haggard do the honours? To me that would be a perfect ending to the 10th Anniversary.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:56 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 37, 8, 922, 23, 24  >
Page 8 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website