Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF10: Bands suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 39, 10, 1122, 23, 24  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 17/01/2012, 11:14 pm Post subject: Re: WINTER IN EDEN FOR MFVF 2012 Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
Regardless if they played at MFVF before or not, the best UK female fronted band doesn't mean much. You should really look abroad and promote more interesting bands for a first appearance at MFVF. Ii recently discovered some new bands and for example the three bands below are some I much rather see than Winter in Eden.

But it would be good for people not from the UK to see Winter In Eden. It is hard enough for Fem bands from the UK to get any chance of being seen abroad so I for one would love to see Winter in Eden in Belgium.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers Keith47424
Publicité

PostPosted: 17/01/2012, 11:14 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 18/01/2012, 09:34 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS

MFVF 10th Anniversary

The festival is happy to inform you, that we just confirmed a big name to play @ MFVF 10 !
We can't announce the band's name yet, but we'll divulg the name of that band in the begining of April 2012 !

"Reminder" : the X-Mas offer will be stopped on the next 31th of January 2012...don't miss the chance to get your ticket on a very attractive price !

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT MFVF PEOPLE, SEE YOU IN OCTOBER & STAY TUNED FOR MORE MFVF NEWS !!!
Epica90

PostPosted: 18/01/2012, 10:53 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
but Imperia never played Razz

I agree with DSO, Tarja and DiM Very Happy

You are WRONG, Imperia played in 2007
MSN
Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 18/01/2012, 11:04 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

IMPERIA was announced in 2007, but they cancelled their appearance only 2 days upfront the festival !
RedRocker

PostPosted: 18/01/2012, 11:15 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Another Great band from Sweden. Saw them as support for Therion in 2007. Still active, but Line-up has changed a bit.

Maglor

PostPosted: 18/01/2012, 05:45 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

According to Facebook and the post's reactions, Nemesea would love to come Razz They asked with a little wink to mail (notify) the organization *wink wink*

Visit poster’s website MSN
Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 20/01/2012, 04:28 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS NEW CONFIRMATION

They're back to shake the festival !
The Metal Female Voices Fest is happy to welcome again
KRYPTERIA Okay

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR AMAZING SUPPORT MFVF PEOPLE, SEE YOU IN OCTOBER !
Epica90

PostPosted: 20/01/2012, 06:17 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Krypteria will INDEED shake the festival!

Always a plesaure watching Ji-In on stage Very Happy
MSN
Bongo

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 09:43 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks for giving us KRYPTERIA back COOL
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 10:27 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Well happy about Krypteria

Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
RedRocker

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 03:03 pm Post subject: LAPIS LAZULI Reply with quote

Saw Lapis Lazuli live for the first time yesterday (in Stockholm) and they were really GREAT!!
-Even better than expected.

Now i might be a bit too patriotic...with 2 posts of the same band... But check ´em out!
(The albums still gets better for every listen, very few bands i can say that about)

Have a Rockin´ weekend folks!
Thor

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: WINTER IN EDEN FOR MFVF 2012 Reply with quote

keith47424 wrote:
Thor wrote:
Regardless if they played at MFVF before or not, the best UK female fronted band doesn't mean much. You should really look abroad and promote more interesting bands for a first appearance at MFVF. Ii recently discovered some new bands and for example the three bands below are some I much rather see than Winter in Eden.

But it would be good for people not from the UK to see Winter In Eden. It is hard enough for Fem bands from the UK to get any chance of being seen abroad so I for one would love to see Winter in Eden in Belgium.

Well if they were truly amazing then I would agree that a lot of fans from UK should spread the word. However, imo there are many better bands to promote for a first appearance.

It's not just the UK bands that are struggling. It was really sad to hear that an amazing band as Diabulus in Musica played for an audience of five people in Spain. The festival should focus on getting the best established and new bands to the festival regardless where the band comes from.
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 10:42 pm Post subject: Re: WINTER IN EDEN FOR MFVF 2012 Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
Well if they were truly amazing then I would agree that a lot of fans from UK should spread the word. However, imo there are many better bands to promote for a first appearance.

It's not just the UK bands that are struggling. It was really sad to hear that an amazing band as Diabulus in Musica played for an audience of five people in Spain. The festival should focus on getting the best established and new bands to the festival regardless where the band comes from.

Well we will have to agree to disagree on this one. WIE are an amazing band in my opinion. There maybe better bands out there. However one thing about MFVF is that they are there to promote female voices. They did this last year with bands such as Hanging Doll and D.A.M.N for instance. Therefore WIE would be a great addition to the line up.

Cheers Keith47424
Thor

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 10:43 pm Post subject: Re: Whats best for Mfvf? Reply with quote

Epica90 wrote:
I think this year should definitely be split up in a few catagories, I think we have enough for gruntin/screaming voices like Angela and Masha from Arch Enemy and Arkona, they are in my opinion the two most brutal female voices there is..We should now focus in getting more classical opera voices to the fest..Zuberora and Diabulus In Musica, they can come each year thats fine with me Smile...Well obviously A LOT of people wants Tarja (including me Very Happy).

A few other bands with classically trained vocals :

Diablo Swing Orchestra ( New Album) - old veteran to the festival
Silent Opera (new commer)
Imperia ( old veteran )
Echoterra ( supposed to come last years)

I am sure however the line-up will look I am going to be thrilled about it Smile

Excellent post. I totally agree Okay

Imo Arch Enemy and Arkona are the best of the bands with a more brutal female voice so they were excellent choices for the 10th anniversary

The focus should now be on beautiful voices.

I would be happy to see Echoterra and Imperia even if they are not my main priority. Diablo swing orchestra brings some diversity even if I'm not a fan of them.

Silent Opera's first album is absolutely amazing. It should be a priority to have them confirmed. Then while you are at it why not confirm Tarja, Haggard, Epica and Diabulus in Musica. That would be an amazing lineup to celebrate the 10th anniversary. Very Happy
Thor

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 10:58 pm Post subject: Re: WINTER IN EDEN FOR MFVF 2012 Reply with quote

keith47424 wrote:

Well we will have to agree to disagree on this one. WIE are an amazing band in my opinion. There maybe better bands out there. However one thing about MFVF is that they are there to promote female voices. They did this last year with bands such as Hanging Doll and D.A.M.N for instance. Therefore WIE would be a great addition to the line up.

Fair enough. It was nothing personal. I just noticed several fans pushing for them. To be honest I'd much rather see them for a first appearance than the band that was recently announced. The problem is that there just too many bands I'd rather see.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 08:01 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 39, 10, 1122, 23, 24  >
Page 10 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website