Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF10: Bands suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 310, 11, 1222, 23, 24  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 11:11 pm Post subject: Re: WINTER IN EDEN FOR MFVF 2012 Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
Fair enough. It was nothing personal. I just noticed several fans pushing for them. To be honest I'd much rather see them for a first appearance than the band that was recently announced. The problem is that there just too many bands I'd rather see.

I know what you mean. I like Krypteria and they have a great presence on stage, but if I had a choice from them or a new band like In This Moment or Picture Me Broken I know would prefer ITM or PMB. However we shall see. Many more bands to be announced so hoping for some great bands to be announced.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers Keith47424
Publicité

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 11:11 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 22/01/2012, 12:16 am Post subject: Re: WINTER IN EDEN FOR MFVF 2012 Reply with quote

keith47424 wrote:
Thor wrote:
Fair enough. It was nothing personal. I just noticed several fans pushing for them. To be honest I'd much rather see them for a first appearance than the band that was recently announced. The problem is that there just too many bands I'd rather see.

I know what you mean. I like Krypteria and they have a great presence on stage, but if I had a choice from them or a new band like In This Moment or Picture Me Broken I know would prefer ITM or PMB. However we shall see. Many more bands to be announced so hoping for some great bands to be announced.

The thing is, Krypteria are one of those bands who - unless you go to Germany - you're unlikely to see. MFVF is one of the few festivals willing to put them on. So for me personally who has yet to see them, it is a massively exciting announcement. Where's I'm sure In This Moment and Picture Me Broken have better international profiles and are more likely to play more places (perhaps? I don't know either all that well, other than I know ITM are very popular).

Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
Thor

PostPosted: 23/01/2012, 07:35 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
gotikin wrote:
Arkan no please!!

Okay

I agree. Focus on getting better bands and not more beer breaks... Wink

I've realised that I jumped to some incorrect conclusions after just trying one of their worse songs. I've just listen to their latest album and it's really good. They would add something different so bring on Arkan and some oriental metal.
Thor

PostPosted: 23/01/2012, 08:57 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

RedRocker wrote:
Another Great band from Sweden. Saw them as support for Therion in 2007. Still active, but Line-up has changed a bit.

I agree. All Ends is a good choice to bring some more diversity to the line-up
Bongo

PostPosted: 24/01/2012, 10:22 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
RedRocker wrote:
Another Great band from Sweden. Saw them as support for Therion in 2007. Still active, but Line-up has changed a bit.

I agree. All Ends is a good choice to bring some more diversity to the line-up

Always nice to give a band a second chance they are good and would add something new to the festival
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 24/01/2012, 01:21 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
BREAKING NEWS

MFVF 10th Anniversary

The festival is happy to inform you, that we just confirmed a big name to play @ MFVF 10 !
We can't announce the band's name yet, but we'll divulg the name of that band in the begining of April 2012 !

"Reminder" : the X-Mas offer will be stopped on the next 31th of January 2012...don't miss the chance to get your ticket on a very attractive price !

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT MFVF PEOPLE, SEE YOU IN OCTOBER & STAY TUNED FOR MORE MFVF NEWS !!!

... heh, surprised there isn't much speculation about this!

Reviews and stuff:
Bongo

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 03:37 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Karma Kollapse wrote:
Phil wrote:
BREAKING NEWS

MFVF 10th Anniversary

The festival is happy to inform you, that we just confirmed a big name to play @ MFVF 10 !
We can't announce the band's name yet, but we'll divulg the name of that band in the begining of April 2012 !

"Reminder" : the X-Mas offer will be stopped on the next 31th of January 2012...don't miss the chance to get your ticket on a very attractive price !

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT MFVF PEOPLE, SEE YOU IN OCTOBER & STAY TUNED FOR MORE MFVF NEWS !!!

... heh, surprised there isn't much speculation about this!

Ok let´s start i was already wondering too that nobody was speculating
For me that could be six different groups
1 Nightwish with 75% chance they have a new albun out and are touring this year
2 Within Temptation less then 10% they toured already and Sharon has little childs to care
3 Evanecsence about 25% so for 4 The Gathering even that they do not like to play a gothic festival
5 for surprise an After Forever reunion with Mark Janssen for a special Show about 33%
and 6 HEART the biggest surprise perhaps the best female Singer and they are Metal in my eyes now for almost 40 years!!!
i didn´t mention Epica because they are not the big name i think it is someone special
Dark_Emperor

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 06:42 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

I think it's Lacuna Coil... Crying or Very sad
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 07:32 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

My bet would be Lacuna Coil as well. They seem the obvious favourite.

WT, NW and Evanescence are far too big for a 4k cap festival, though stranger things have happened. NW would have good reason to delay an announcement until April, as they are touring through Belgium that month. The Gathering are terribly unlikely, and nowhere near as big as they used to be... unless we are getting an Always show, though that would be stretching it given it only has female support vocals.

I really like the idea of Heart though. I hadn't thought of them at all... they might just be the right fit.

Reviews and stuff:
Thor

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 07:35 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

I really hope it's none of the mentioned bands Sad .

I hope its either Tarja confirmed after she finishes the WLB Final Tour or Haggard. What better way to celebrate the 10th anniversary than bringing an orchestra on stage?
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 07:42 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Tarja would be really disappointing. She's played it a couple of times already.

I'd enjoy Haggard, but I don't think they are quite a headliner.

Reviews and stuff:
RedRocker

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 07:45 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

I really doubt it could be HEART.... They are still MEGA-BIG in the US.... and fly over them for a small festival in Belgium... not a chance.
-They also don´t fit the concept at all.

Question is what "Big Name" is considered as, a big name in the business, or a big name in the genre of the festival....

For me the biggest names is TARJA and EPICA Mr. Green

-But Within Temptation and Nightwish are off course bigger names for the "mainstream" audience....
Thor

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 08:10 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

ascomm74 wrote:
I would like to see these bands on the next MFVF.

- Amberian Dawn
- Deathlike Silence
- Tarja
- Visions of Atlantis
- Stream of Passion
- Amaranthe

Imo it's a bit boring to bring the same bands as last year. Vision of Atlantis latest album is good, but I was really disappointed with their performance. Especially my favourite song Seven Seas was really poorly performed Crying or Very sad. Stream of Passion was great at the festival 2009, but since then the albums and live performance has gone downhill. Amaranthe isn't really my cup of tea, but I noticed that others enjoyed them more. I was really disappointed they didn't play their best song Amaranthine Crying or Very sad. Can they not do that one live??

Amberian Dawn was one of the best bands 2009 and I would love to see them again this year Okay . Why not let Suomi, the country of the beautiful female voices, rule the 10th Anniversary? Tarja must be one of the headliners. I'd rather see Katra as a newcomer than Deathlike Silence. Just to contradict myself I would be very happy to see two of the best bands from last year returning. Kivimetsän Druidi and Battlelore were brilliant and would bring some diversity as well.
Thor

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 08:17 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Karma Kollapse wrote:
Tarja would be really disappointing. She's played it a couple of times already.

Well so did Krypteria that you were really happy about.. The difference is that Tarja is an amazing singer Wink
Thor

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 08:25 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

RedRocker wrote:

For me the biggest names is TARJA and EPICA Mr. Green

-But Within Temptation and Nightwish are off course bigger names for the "mainstream" audience....

I agree with that Okay. Go for the best female voices and not the mainstream. It's very sad to see Nightwish these days. The music is still great, but her voice.... I've actually felt physical pain from hearing the so called singer thrashing amazing songs Crying or Very sad , It's not just the old songs, but the new as well which is even more frightening.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:04 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 310, 11, 1222, 23, 24  >
Page 11 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website