Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF10: Bands suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 311, 12, 1322, 23, 24  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
RedRocker

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 09:03 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Amanda Somerville is a really great vocalist, and would be a fantastic addition to the festival!

-And a perfect guest for EPICA´s special headlining Anniversary set.... Okay

Publicité

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 09:03 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 25/01/2012, 09:05 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
Karma Kollapse wrote:
Tarja would be really disappointing. She's played it a couple of times already.

Well so did Krypteria that you were really happy about..

Heh, you have me there - but I'd say the difference was that Krypteria had no build up, and from a personal perspective I've never seen them and doubt I'll ever get a chance to outside this festival.

Tarja on the other hand plays lots of places on a regular basis, and given that I personally am not much of a Tarja zealot, can't say I'd be too excited about her being announced. I'd watch her and all, but it would be disappointing if there was all that build up for a headliner we've had twice before.

And yeah, Trillum would be great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
Epica90

PostPosted: 26/01/2012, 12:53 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Like mentioned already, bringing Evanescance, Nightwish or Wt for that mater would not be fair to the other bands..All these three names are big enough to fill the capacity alone, the point of the festival is to let every band shine, whether they are a new band or an old veteran who is loved by the audience since years passed.

The only good reason to bring one of those three names would be to give the actual festival more attention and perhaps even let it expand for future years, every festival starts of small, it is BIG bands who makes it able to expand and hire bigger arenas etc..So economically it would be great for Mfvf, but it would not fit the image the festival has built over the soon past 10 years.

Lacuna Coil are certainly big, but fit as a headliner because they would not outshine the other bands as much as the three names above just like Arch Enemy..

I think its compolsurey to have either Epica, Lacuna Coil or Tarja this year...I was surprised to see how empty Octoberhallen looked last year compared to previous editions, also I noticed there were A LOT more "older" people than usual and very few youngsters.

Btw a 10 year anniversary is not an anniversary for me without at least SOME of the very first bands who played on the festival...Epica, Revamp, Flowing Tears, Lacuna Coil, Tarja, Tristania are A MUST.
MSN
Bongo

PostPosted: 26/01/2012, 04:56 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

I think i would be good to have some other bands as headliners and not always the same even if they are bigger than the usal ones but i think for the 1o edition it would be great to have even a more mainstream band ( is Tarja not also mainstream!!)
so giff us something special beside i must say the proposed bands on the last edition were always good so i trust phil to give us the perfect anniversarybilling!!!

What about Lana Lane she has a new album out end of this week and would add even more diversity to the lineup Okay
Thor

PostPosted: 27/01/2012, 03:12 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

RedRocker wrote:
Amanda Somerville is a really great vocalist, and would be a fantastic addition to the festival!

-And a perfect guest for EPICA´s special headlining Anniversary set.... Okay

Nothing to get too excited about. The album is really disappointing and I'm not keen on Trillium.

A new discovery I'd much rather see is Tears of Magdalena.

Last edited by Thor on 31/01/2012, 01:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 28/01/2012, 10:36 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Epica90 wrote:

I think its compolsurey to have either Epica, Lacuna Coil or Tarja this year...I was surprised to see how empty Octoberhallen looked last year compared to previous editions, also I noticed there were A LOT more "older" people than usual and very few youngsters.

Btw a 10 year anniversary is not an anniversary for me without at least SOME of the very first bands who played on the festival...Epica, Revamp, Flowing Tears, Lacuna Coil, Tarja, Tristania are A MUST.

I agree 101% with everything here + Autumn!

Visit poster’s website MSN
RedRocker

PostPosted: 29/01/2012, 08:25 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Excellent band from Germany:

VOICES OF DESTINY

New Album out January 2012

Joop de Rooij

PostPosted: 30/01/2012, 11:50 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Magion
Kingfisher Sky
Triosphere
Kandia
Elferya

&amp;quot;Your tears are like water to me...&amp;quot;
Visit poster’s website
Sanguine_Sky
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 30/01/2012, 02:58 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

NIGHTQUEEN from Belgium would be excellent. I received the promo of their debut album, and it's f*cking good ! Some power metal would fit perfectly !

WHISPERING TALES from France would love to play and I know they applied. They're excellent on stage and the debut album is quite great too, melodic heavy/power metal with a beautiful lyrical voice. Wink
MSN Skype
Thor

PostPosted: 31/01/2012, 01:32 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Arkona is a brilliant choice. I would be very happy to see some Norwegian and Celtic folk metal too.

Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 31/01/2012, 02:06 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Cruachan no longer have a female singer, it's just Keith Fay singing for them these days.

Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
Thor

PostPosted: 31/01/2012, 02:53 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Karma Kollapse wrote:
Cruachan no longer have a female singer, it's just Keith Fay singing for them these days.

I know and that's a shame, but I was hoping she would return for a special gig or they could bring on a new singer as they tried for Latin American tour autumn last year. Post below from their website:

"We are auditioning for guest vocalists for our Latin America tour. As you know, we no longer have a female vocalist but still perform a lot of our classic songs live. When we play live we give a local female singer the opportunity to sing our classics live on stage with us."
Gothtim
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 31/01/2012, 05:21 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

The Shiver might be a perfect addition to the bill: clean vocals, grunts, powerful melodies, etc. Solid sound as well for quite young band.

http://www.myspace.com/theshiverband

go visit my site (regularly updated): www.pbase.com/timsphotos
OFFICIAL MFVF PHOTOGRAPHER
Visit poster’s website MSN
Thor

PostPosted: 31/01/2012, 09:10 pm Post subject: Ulytau - Pride of Kazakhstan Reply with quote

I'm not sure you will agree to a totally different choice as Ulytau, the pride of Kazakhstan. I've been fortunate enough to see them twice and they are brilliant live. They are female fronted, but instrumental. However, her violin and performance is better than most bands announced already so maybe they can bring some diversity.

Thor

PostPosted: 31/01/2012, 11:25 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Epica90 wrote:
Like mentioned already, bringing Evanescance, Nightwish or Wt for that mater would not be fair to the other bands..All these three names are big enough to fill the capacity alone, the point of the festival is to let every band shine, whether they are a new band or an old veteran who is loved by the audience since years passed.

The only good reason to bring one of those three names would be to give the actual festival more attention and perhaps even let it expand for future years, every festival starts of small, it is BIG bands who makes it able to expand and hire bigger arenas etc..So economically it would be great for Mfvf, but it would not fit the image the festival has built over the soon past 10 years.

Lacuna Coil are certainly big, but fit as a headliner because they would not outshine the other bands as much as the three names above just like Arch Enemy..

First of all I would say that I think it was a mistake to have Doro as a headliner. She was below Tarja 2009 and to me it seems more appropriate to have two bands above her. I think that Doro headlining lost some of the potential audience last year.

This festival has created something unique and I'd rather see bands returning that has supported it to become what it is. Epica and Tarja has truly contributed to this festival and deserve to be there for the 10th Anniversary.

Arch Enemy is a great headliner and imo Angela is the best in what she does. The headliner should represent the festival and the quality that you continue to bring year after year. I seriously don't think mentioned names as Evanescence, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil or Nightwish (with their so called singer) is good enough. They would steal a spot from a better singer so just ignore the requested "pop voices" and focus on quality as you have in the past. If you would announce any of them then it's definitely not a headliner to me.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 05:03 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 311, 12, 1322, 23, 24  >
Page 12 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website