Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF10: Bands suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 1422, 23, 24  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 01/02/2012, 02:22 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

RedRocker wrote:
Excellent band from Germany:

VOICES OF DESTINY

New Album out January 2012

See my previous post about this band. And their new cd is really good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers Keith47424
Publicité

PostPosted: 01/02/2012, 02:22 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
behemoth_zZz

PostPosted: 01/02/2012, 10:07 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

One band I would definately like to see once at the MFVF is Haggard. I'd be eternally greatful :p
They're amazing, not really female fronted maybe, but there are female vocals on their last album. And there's a new album coming out this year as well.

Besides Haggard, I'd really like to see DSO again. This time a bit longer than in 2009 or 2010 (?). They have a new album coming out early this year as well.

And then of course Epica. Their new album is said to be in the same line as Design your Universe, which I find great. So they should be there as well. Again :p
Sanguine_Sky
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 01/02/2012, 11:40 am Post subject: Re: Ulytau - Pride of Kazakhstan Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
I'm not sure you will agree to a totally different choice as Ulytau, the pride of Kazakhstan. I've been fortunate enough to see them twice and they are brilliant live. They are female fronted, but instrumental. However, her violin and performance is better than most bands announced already so maybe they can bring some diversity.

Metal Female Voices Fest Wink
MSN Skype
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 01/02/2012, 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: Ulytau - Pride of Kazakhstan Reply with quote

Sanguine_Sky wrote:

Brilliant. Okay Laughing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers Keith47424
Thor

PostPosted: 01/02/2012, 05:33 pm Post subject: Re: Ulytau - Pride of Kazakhstan Reply with quote

Sanguine_Sky wrote:

Fair enough. Well at least they are female fronted and they are brilliant live so see Ulytau if you get the chance.
Thor

PostPosted: 01/02/2012, 05:35 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

keith47424 wrote:
RedRocker wrote:
[center]Excellent band from Germany:

VOICES OF DESTINY

New Album out January 2012

See my previous post about this band. And their new cd is really good.

Indeed a great band that I would happy to see at MFVF. It's great to discover new bands through these posts Okay . I still got some more to check out Smile
Thor

PostPosted: 01/02/2012, 06:12 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

behemoth_zZz wrote:
One band I would definately like to see once at the MFVF is Haggard. I'd be eternally greatful :p
They're amazing, not really female fronted maybe, but there are female vocals on their last album. And there's a new album coming out this year as well.

I totally agree Okay. There are many bands with both male and female vocals so they are still female fronted and not just that they got among the best metal female voices out there Very Happy. I'd love to see them at MFVF. They wouldn't just bring amazing female voices they also got quite a few females in the orchestra Okay

shadowgirl

PostPosted: 02/02/2012, 03:17 pm Post subject: My bandlist Reply with quote

LACUNA COIL and why not PAMELA MOORE. I spoke to her a couple of months ago. She's in Europe at this year. And also try NIGHTQUEEN. They're from Belgium and I allready had the honour to listen to their
new album. Excellent Powermetal, allready reviewed by my friend Dave from Ravenheartmusic.com who became directly a die hard fan. This band has balls and catchy melodies. Very good singer too.
shadowgirl

PostPosted: 02/02/2012, 03:20 pm Post subject: Nightqueen Reply with quote

this is Nightqueen's promovideo
Rikkert

PostPosted: 02/02/2012, 03:31 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

My college below did mention the band allready. Nightqueen could be the surprise on MFVF. A very energetic band. I saw them live in Kerkrade and they made a very good impression to me. Just got the promo from their recordlabel. Sounds tarrific to me.
RedRocker

PostPosted: 02/02/2012, 04:29 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

All female Black Metal band from Russia, how cool isn´t that!?

Blackthorn

RedRocker

PostPosted: 02/02/2012, 05:11 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

And from Greece we have a new interesting band

Crimson Rivers

ascomm74

PostPosted: 02/02/2012, 08:24 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Deathlike Silence has been in silence some time now and what would be better to activate them than get them to perform in MFVF IX! So please take them in to consideration.

Wil

PostPosted: 02/02/2012, 11:27 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Nightqueen!
www.nightqueen.be
Bongo

PostPosted: 03/02/2012, 09:07 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
Epica90 wrote:
ILike mentioned already, bringing Evanescance, Nightwish or Wt for that mater would not be fair to the other bands..All these three names are big enough to fill the capacity alone, the point of the festival is to let every band shine, whether they are a new band or an old veteran who is loved by the audience since years passed.

The only good reason to bring one of those three names would be to give the actual festival more attention and perhaps even let it expand for future years, every festival starts of small, it is BIG bands who makes it able to expand and hire bigger arenas etc..So economically it would be great for Mfvf, but it would not fit the image the festival has built over the soon past 10 years.

Lacuna Coil are certainly big, but fit as a headliner because they would not outshine the other bands as much as the three names above just like Arch Enemy..

I think its compolsurey to have either Epica, Lacuna Coil or Tarja this year...I was surprised to see how empty Octoberhallen looked last year compared to previous editions, also I noticed there were A LOT more "older" people than usual and very few youngsters.

Btw a 10 year anniversary is not an anniversary for me without at least SOME of the very first bands who played on the festival...Epica, Revamp, Flowing Tears, Lacuna Coil, Tarja, Tristania are A MUST.

First of all I would say that I think it was a mistake to have Doro as a headliner. She was below Tarja 2009 and to me it seems more appropriate to have two bands above her. I think that Doro headlining lost some of the potential audience last year.

This festival has created something unique and I'd rather see bands returning that has supported it to become what it is. Epica and Tarja has truly contributed to this festival and deserve to be there for the 10th Anniversary.

Arch Enemy is a great headliner and imo Angela is the best in what she does. The headliner should represent the festival and the quality that you continue to bring year after year. I seriously don't think mentioned names as Evanescence, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil or Nightwish (with their so called singer) is good enough. They would steal a spot from a better singer so just ignore the requested "pop voices" and focus on quality as you have in the past. If you would announce any of them then it's definitely not a headliner to me.
I do not think the low attendance at last years event was do to Doro it was in my opinion the lack of DUTCH bands only Stream Of Passion there not much dutch cars on zhe parking like the years before when you had at the 2010 edition for ex. EPICA; REVAMP AUTUMN AND STREAM OF PASSION. so bring in more dutch band an then you will have an greater audience!! Very good Dutch band i already mentioned an d you can download their new album for free at their homepage CARDAMON!!!
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 07:55 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 1422, 23, 24  >
Page 13 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website