Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF10: Bands suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 313, 14, 1522, 23, 24  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 03/02/2012, 09:37 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

The thing is that this is a festival for one and all but a main headliner is also required to get people to come to see the festival. Arch Enemy being one of them. They are not really my cup of tea as I prefer the scream and singing style like The Agonist, In This Moment, Straight Line Stitch. However I believe that WT or Nightwish would also bring the fans as would Lacuna Coil. Ok so not every one would agree but they have the fans from all over the world that would travel to see them. And remember if the festival does not pay it will not happen so remember that please people. It is good that we do get to see other bands and get to know other music but it does need the big bands also to make it worthwhile. And I would also suspect that the previous message about the Dutch bands is correct. Epica, ReVamp, Autumn bring the fans love em or hate em.
But what should be said is thanks to Val and Phil for all they do. It cannot be an easy task sorting out such a huge festival and I for one am extremely grateful for all they do.
So Phil & Val THANKS from me Okay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers Keith47424
Publicité

PostPosted: 03/02/2012, 09:37 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
CRAEW

PostPosted: 03/02/2012, 11:51 am Post subject: band sugestions Reply with quote

Abydos wrote:
Here's a list:

Lacuna Coil (Yes, I know. But it would be amazing none the less. Headliner!)
Omega Lithium

Epica (ditto)
Nemesea (haven't heard the new album yet but the single is cool)

... a nice diversified list of genre and country!
I'm sure there are others too! I'll post them later! Smile

all the above and:
Nightqueen

Sometimes a banana is just a banana -- from the movie "Stecchino"
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 03/02/2012, 04:45 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

keith47424 wrote:
And I would also suspect that the previous message about the Dutch bands is correct. Epica, ReVamp, Autumn bring the fans love em or hate em.

I also agree with that!
And also, the fact that big bands also bring more people from aboard

Visit poster’s website MSN
RedRocker

PostPosted: 03/02/2012, 08:18 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Another Great new band from Sweden

Ultimate Fate

[/center]
Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 10:07 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Dear MFVF People Okay

We're very happy to get all your supports since a decade now !
Actually we still waiting a confirmation & we hope it will work.

As you all, we'd love to get some bands back or even to welcome a band* that they never performed @ the MFVF until now..."even they said in a very recent interview, that they don't think their music is fit for the festival" Shocked Rolling Eyes (*it's one of the most popular band from the Netherlands) !

The main thing never changed since the very beginning, the Metal Female Voices Fest still self financed (no sponsors, no help from the state, due to the big & ridiculous politic situation here in Belgium).

As you all, we'd love to welcome more very well known bands, that's why we start to think about the future of the MFVF !
We'll think about a new formula* (*each 2 years or back to one big day let's see & feel free to share your ideas with us "please do it on a new topic") !

But now, back to the upcoming edition, we still working hardly on it and we hope to be able to confirm another big name, and several new talents for you MFVF people !

Again a BIG THANK TO YOU ALL & stay tuned for more MFVF news & hope to see you all next October !
STEVE

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 11:27 am Post subject: bands for 2012 Reply with quote

ELUVEITIE......LACUNA COIL ......HOLYHELL
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 11:31 am Post subject: Re: bands for 2012 Reply with quote

STEVE wrote:
ELUVEITIE

As much as I would love to see them I dont think they are classified as female fronted.

Cheers Keith47424
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/02/2012, 07:54 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Since everyone's posting clips of bands they'd like to see, I'll do the same:

Bongo

PostPosted: 05/02/2012, 08:33 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Dear MFVF People Okay

We're very happy to get all your supports since a decade now !
Actually we still waiting a confirmation & we hope it will work.

As you all, we'd love to get some bands back or even to welcome a band* that they never performed @ the MFVF until now..."even they said in a very recent interview, that they don't think their music is fit for the festival" Shocked Rolling Eyes (*it's one of the most popular band from the Netherlands) !

The main thing never changed since the very beginning, the Metal Female Voices Fest still self financed (no sponsors, no help from the state, due to the big & ridiculous politic situation here in Belgium).

As you all, we'd love to welcome more very well known bands, that's why we start to think about the future of the MFVF !
We'll think about a new formula* (*each 2 years or back to one big day let's see & feel free to share your ideas with us "please do it on a new topic") !

But now, back to the upcoming edition, we still working hardly on it and we hope to be able to confirm another big name, and several new talents for you MFVF people !

Again a BIG THANK TO YOU ALL & stay tuned for more MFVF news & hope to see you all next October !

So that can only be THE GATHERING i would be very pleased if they come cross the fingers
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 06/02/2012, 09:18 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

IF it is the Gathering (and I'm struggling to think of anyone else it could be), the question would be: which line up of the Gathering would it be?

Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 06/02/2012, 11:44 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

The Gathering isn't a big band anymore ... and not Metal ;-)

To give an idea, when Anneke was in the band (before she left), they attracted less than 400 people in Brussels Rolling Eyes
Most of the audience wasn't Metal people.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 06/02/2012, 01:06 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Helcanen wrote:
The Gathering isn't a big band anymore ... and not Metal ;-)

Whilst I take that as a 'No, not it ain't them!', one of the line-ups touring this year -is- metal. Smile

Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
Bongo

PostPosted: 06/02/2012, 03:11 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

So the other Dutch band that hasn´t played is Within Temptation but i do not understand why their musicstyle wouldn´t fit Question Laughing
Thor

PostPosted: 06/02/2012, 06:39 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Bongo wrote:
So the other Dutch band that hasn´t played is Within Temptation but i do not understand why their musicstyle wouldn´t fit Question Laughing

Maybe they feel themselves that they are drifting away from metal or just that the festival brings better female voices... Wink

Not a band I'm too keen to see there, but they would surely attract more people.
Thor

PostPosted: 06/02/2012, 06:43 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Burkhard wrote:
Since everyone's posting clips of bands they'd like to see, I'll do the same:

I would be very happy to see Bergtatt or Lumsk another great Norwegian folk metal band
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:41 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 313, 14, 1522, 23, 24  >
Page 14 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website