Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF10: Bands suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 317, 18, 1922, 23, 24  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 22/02/2012, 02:08 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

New Xandria was released today! Anyone checked it out?? Quite good if you like older Nightwish!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 22/02/2012, 02:08 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 22/02/2012, 02:18 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
New Xandria was released today! Anyone checked it out??

I got given a promo copy a while ago. It is okay, the first song is very good, as is Euphoria. A lot of the rest leaves me feeling a bit indifferent though, lots of bombast but not particularly interesting songs. The new Diabulus in Musica is much, much better.

Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 22/02/2012, 03:03 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Karma Kollapse wrote:
A lot of the rest leaves me feeling a bit indifferent though, lots of bombast but not particularly interesting songs.

As is for me the latest Nightwish album Rolling Eyes

Epica90

PostPosted: 22/02/2012, 11:51 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

I'll be there on on the 27th, wouldn't miss the show for anything! xD

The Wanderer is my prime album this year, one of few albums I can with confident purchase without having to pre-listen to.

As for Xandria, their new album is very different from "the old" Xandria, instrumentally Neverworld's End is the best album they've ever produced, and Manuela is by far the most talanted of all Xandria singers. So they are heading on a good path with more success to come I am positive.

One thing I don't understand is why EVERYONE constantly have compare every album thats produced with some orchestral instruments and a classically trained singer to Nightwish?..Its in the past and people seriously need to move a on and give other bands a chance and don't be negative because its not 100 Nw 1996-2005.

Of course bands use something existing like a recipe in order to get a hinch of what they want to create and produce, as did Nightwish, they did not create this genre 100% by themselves.
MSN
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 23/02/2012, 09:55 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
Karma Kollapse wrote:
A lot of the rest leaves me feeling a bit indifferent though, lots of bombast but not particularly interesting songs.

As is for me the latest Nightwish album Rolling Eyes

To each his own! Smile

Epica90 wrote:
One thing I don't understand is why EVERYONE constantly have compare every album thats produced with some orchestral instruments and a classically trained singer to Nightwish?

Nightwish are an easy reference point. It certainly doesn't hurt Xandria if people compare them to early Nightwish, as there are plenty of jaded Nightwish fans who spend their time moping about Nightwish not having Tarja anymore. Those people will take to the new Xandria album, so of course they should be compared to Nightwish when promoting them because that'll get their attention. They certainly aren't exactly the same, but the music is comparable enough... if someone said Lisa-era Xandria sounded like Nightwish, -that- would be eyebrow-raising Smile

What matters though is how you say it - you can say 'Xandria are a Nightwish knock-off' or 'Xandria are inspired by early Nightwish', and you'd be saying the same thing but with different connotations.

Reviews and stuff:
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 23/02/2012, 08:51 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

I think it's a BIG honor for a band to be compared with Nightwish, especially when they move along the same scene
which is exactly as you said: orchestral and with classical singer!

That doesnt mean Xandria copied everything that Nightwish did or that i shouldnt listen to them because Nightwish did it first
That is just nonsense! It's only a recommendation for fans who liked the Once era of Nightwish. Simple!

Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 24/02/2012, 11:39 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

MFVF 10th Anniversary BREAKING NEWS :

Dear MFVF people,

We're happy to confirm, announce & welcome the following bands for the upcoming MFVF 10 :

LACUNA COIL
DIABULUS IN MUSICA
SARAH JEZEBEL DEVA
TRAIL OF TEARS
NEMESEA
BENIGHTED SOUL

The line-up (until now) looks like this :
LACUNA COIL + ARCH ENEMY + DELAIN + 1 big name (the name will be announced in April) + ARKONA + DIABULUS IN MUSICA + KRYPTERIA + SARAH JEZEBEL DEVA + TRAIL OF TEARS + MEDEN AGAN + SEDUCE THE HEAVEN + SKEPTICAL MINDS + LAHANNYA + NEMESEA + BENIGHTED SOUL

More bands will be announced soon (please note that Mortad won't play @ the festival this year) !
We hope to see you all in October, we'd like to THANK YOU all once again for your amazing support Okay
Epica90

PostPosted: 24/02/2012, 12:07 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

OMG, I think I just fainted :O

Lacuna Coil
Diabulus In Musica
Trail of Tears
Sarah Jezebel Deva

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG *____________* Was crossing my fingers for these bands Very Happy

Of course Benighted Soul is a plus, will be a happy to listen to then on the 27th with DiM and Tarja xD
MSN
Epica90

PostPosted: 24/02/2012, 12:09 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Nemesea Are GREAT TOO, always good with some Dutch bands Very Happy
MSN
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 24/02/2012, 01:22 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Nice announcement! Smile Glad to see Lacuna Coil back (headliner I guess?)... wasn't too keen on the last two Nemesea albums but I'll certainly watch them. Bit dubious about DiM and ToT appearing -again-, but as neither play the UK often, both were great last year and they both will have new albums out, it should be all good on the night Smile

Curious who mystery April band are now. Had assumed it was a headliner-level band - but maybe not?

Are the 69 Chambers still on the bill?

Reviews and stuff:
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 24/02/2012, 02:07 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
LACUNA COIL

Must admit that this was the band that I thought when you mentioned that they had played once but had said they wouldnt play again. It is really good that you have managed to get them to play the 10 show. A great band and I know that Eric from Canada will be very happy.
As am I.
Will be glad to see Nemesea and Benighted Soul. Have their music but never seen them live so that will be good.
Thanks Phil and Val.

Cheers Keith47424
Bongo

PostPosted: 24/02/2012, 02:16 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

So Lacuna Coil will be a Headliner with Arch Enemy so the mysterious band of april will be Epica new album out and i would be strange not to them on the festival that was invented once to see them playing in belgium!!!!
Nemesea and benighted soul good addition as i have never seen them DIM for the 3 year in a row not to happy with that  Trail of tears great i love them always good!!! Sarah jezebel is also good to have her again

So Long very cool Line up so far
For me only missing
AUTUMN; TRIOSPERE;CARDAMON; LUNATICA AND even they played last year STREAM OF PASSION and TRISTANIA!!!!!!
RedRocker

PostPosted: 24/02/2012, 06:35 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

GREAT announcement!!

Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 25/02/2012, 12:46 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Bongo wrote:

AUTUMN; AND even they played last year STREAM OF PASSION and TRISTANIA!!!!!!

i totally agree!!!
But yeah, LACUNA COIL + DIM = SUPER

Dark_Emperor

PostPosted: 25/02/2012, 10:59 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Blood Ceremony, Jex Thoth, Lethian Dreams, Cauchemar, Rituals of the Oak, The Devil's Blood or Acid King... please Embarassed
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 08:16 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 317, 18, 1922, 23, 24  >
Page 18 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website