Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF10: Bands suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3 … , 22, 23, 24  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 09/04/2012, 08:59 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 09/04/2012, 08:59 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 09/04/2012, 09:16 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Prisoner wrote:
I am sad to say that after 4 years I won't attend the festival. Line-up is weak and price too high for what it offers
It will be sure that the venue will be empty
Next time make a line-up with bands that people want to see, not the ones you want to promote

Many people were asking for LACUNA COIL : they are finally confirmed
Same for ARKONA, XANDRIA, ARCH ENEMY, NEMESEA, etc ... then why saying that we don't listen ?
To get some of these bands, we needed to give high budget to make them play only for you.
Then, of course, festival's budget is increasing ... but we are staying one of the cheaper.

Last year, people said "no Epica", then we didn't book them.
After the same people came complaining that Epica was not booked ... Shocked

There are many bands that are coming from foreign countries, a big chance for many visitors to see them once.
Also, this is a Belgian festival, then we are giving the chance to some Belgian bands too, isn't that logic Wink

Then, ok you don't like the line up, but many people are liking it Wink
There are many people who will come for the first time.
You are always free to come or not Wink

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Zvetiki

PostPosted: 09/04/2012, 09:37 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

For my tastes, a very strong Saturday; the only problem being that Krypteria and Arkona will probably be confined into 40 minutes slots, but I realise Delain and Arch Enemy are bigger names.

Looking forward to Skeptical Minds, Lacuna Coil and Xandria as well; Meden Agan and Seduce the Heaven sound interesting; Valkyre were good in 2007, but apparently they have a completely new line-up now, no idea how they sound nowadays.
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 09/04/2012, 09:53 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Lacuna Coil have been long overdue! I'm so glad they are playing again after the 2005 concert!!!
And for those who might not like their newest works, check the recent setlists! Lots of old songs!!

[Spoiler alert]
1.I Don't Believe In Tomorrow
2.I Won't Tell You
3.Kill The Light
4.Senzafine (!!)
5.Heaven's A Lie
6.Self Deception (!!)
7.Not Enough
8.Entwined (!!!)
9.Give Me Something More
10.Spellbound
11.Our Truth
12.Upsidedown
13.In Visible Light (!!!!!!!)
14.To Live Is To Hide (!!!!!)
15.No Need To Explain (!!!!!!!!)
16.To The Edge
17.Fragile
18.Swamped
19.Trip The Darkness
20.My Spirit

Visit poster’s website MSN
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 09/04/2012, 11:43 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

That's an excellent setlist. If they don't play a set like that at MFVF, I hope they'll do so next time they headline the UK... which probably won't be too long from now.

As for the line-up... I don't think we really needed the extra headliner, especially if it were going to be a band the fest has had 7 times already, when we already had two good candidates in Lacuna Coil and Arch Enemy. But who am I to say such things, I am sure the team know how much ticket sales each of those three bands are worth.

Skeptical and DiM's inclusion does smell of self-promotion, but if you can't blow your own trumpet who will? And here's always been a good measure of smaller bands, it is just this year they haven't been the ones I personally would have chosen Very Happy. So yeah, fair play, I'd rather feel assured the organizers were offering chances to bands they liked, than bands that were simply put forward by booking companies that play every festival. I do think having DiM, Xandria and ToT playing again (for some for a third time straight) is a mistake, as it makes the lineups feel a bit samey in the long run. There is a limited pool of bands though.

I suppose I am less interested in this years lineup than last; there's enough to win me through, mind.

Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
Epica90

PostPosted: 09/04/2012, 04:20 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

WOOOOW...

I must say that I am litterally shocked to see all these negative reactions..

First of all, BE HAPPY that it even EXISTS a Festival of this kind, a festival that dedicates all its effort to create an event unlike any other.
MFVF is litterally a trassure, at least for me, I saw Arch Enemy and Lacuna Coil last year, in totall the price became something about 65e, I payed the same price for my X-Mas ticket, take that plus 20 more extra bands I would say its CHEAP and the price could be even more expansive, even the double and I would still come!

Some say they are disappointed to hear that Epica is the new big name, the festival started of 10 years ago with Epica as a headliner, I think they are more suitable than any other band to headline this event.

WE have no clue whats going on with the members of all bands, they are still humans and have lives that occupies them, I believe MFVF is trying the best they can to bring the names we want and do not just favorize. Its very natural if a production team is organizing a festival that would invite bands who they've participated in prudicing their Albums, such as DiM's The Wanderer, if a band such as Flowing Tears or Nightwish is not announced then it oculd be because of a 1000 different reasons, try to organize a festival with this kind of budget and you will see how it works.

For me the line-up is the best one so far!
MSN
StephenSLR

PostPosted: 09/04/2012, 08:54 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Epica90 wrote:
I must say that I am litterally shocked to see all these negative reactions..

I agree.

Sure you want some drawcard bands but part of the excitement is discovering good new bands you haven't heard/seen before.

s

http://www.lycanthia.com

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/lycanthia-439
r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 10/04/2012, 05:05 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

I'm shocked about the negative responses. Ithink, it's a great lineup. I'm afraid, that bigger bands like Within Temptation or Nightwish are too expensive. If I see the prices of their solo gigs. (Nightwish (42 € for the gig in Hamburg O2 World, in other locations up to 50 €!)
Well, there are some bands I dont like their music (including one headliner) but I must see all of the bands. That's OK!

Addendum: And I like lot of small bands like Anwynn, Lahannya, 69 Chambers or Dimlight. This is often the one and only chance to see them live on stage. And I hope to meet some of the musicians!!!!

Greetings

Rainer
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
ascomm74

PostPosted: 10/04/2012, 10:10 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

I'm a little disapointed to see that not even one Finnish band is going to be there. And those headliners are not my cup of tea. But otherwise this is pretty good set.
Do you know what is the friday's program? Isn't there any live music?
Bongo

PostPosted: 10/04/2012, 06:23 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

The line-up is good some old names on some newcomers to the fest. it´s more than ok to have DIM again even that they got promoted hey they gave us two fantastic gigs the last to years !!!! so it´s no problem they are again on the List
The bigger names like Nightwish Evanesence and so are demanding to much money so shame for them an itís like a few people already say sometime the only chance to see small bands !!! and i have decover on my six editions lots of new talented bands i didn´t know before and you can have a line-up that please all the people!!

So great job for this Line-up to Phil and the other organisators!!!
StephenSLR

PostPosted: 10/04/2012, 10:32 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Bongo wrote:
The bigger names like Nightwish Evanesence and so are demanding too much money

I find it's always better to watch bands that big do their own shows.

What also happens is you will get radio music fans turn up to only watch Evanescence then leave and not watch any other bands, most of the ticket sales will go to their fans and the place will be empty for the rest of the festival.

s

http://www.lycanthia.com

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/lycanthia-439
r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 11/04/2012, 04:04 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Bongo wrote:
So great job for this Line-up to Phil and the other organisators!!!
FULL ACK!

Greetings

Rainer
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 12/04/2012, 08:34 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Dear MFVF people,

In the names of our staff & organizers, we'd like to thank you all again for your support & for what you wrote about the festival, you get the MFVF spirit !
This is really/highly appreciate by all the MFVF Team, then see you in October to share nice moments & to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of YOUR festival Okay

Phil
Epica90

PostPosted: 12/04/2012, 10:38 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Phil, are you going to start a MFVF contest about doing a promo video?..

I have made Trailer which is ready and set, I am clear to uploud it or should I wait?
MSN
Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 13/04/2012, 08:31 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

To Epica90 & all of you who're interested to do a trailer :
It is in our intention to give an official MFVF AWARD (we'll start it soon), as the BEST trailer (new category) will be given to the winner during the upcoming MFVF 10th Anniversary Okay

Of course, we'll ask to the fans to ONLY use a music background from bands that they'll perform the festival this year !
All the informations & rules will be announced soon !

Be original & you'll have the chance to be the very first fan (probably in the world) to get an award from a festival

STAY TUNED & THANK YOU ALL
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 07:59 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3 … , 22, 23, 24  >
Page 23 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website