Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF10: Bands suggestions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 36, 7, 822, 23, 24  >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
Epica90

PostPosted: 12/12/2011, 10:56 am Post subject: ARKONA??? Reply with quote

WOOOOOOOOOOW

THANK YOU SO MUCH Phil!

I hear Arkona are experts on entertaining the audience! xD

Was about time we had som Russian touch to it xD
MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: 12/12/2011, 10:56 am Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Maai

PostPosted: 12/12/2011, 11:33 am Post subject: Re: ARKONA??? Reply with quote

Epica90 wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOOW

THANK YOU SO MUCH Phil!

I hear Arkona are experts on entertaining the audience! xD

Was about time we had som Russian touch to it xD

Correct, I've seen them 18 times and I've never been bored during one of their concerts, haha Razz I hope they'll be playing longer than 30-40 minutes or so...
Phil
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 16/12/2011, 09:35 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Dear MFVF people,

Christmas is approaching and as usual the MFVF will launch its very attractive X-Mas offer & its VIP Tickets.

But next year as you may know, the Metal Female Voices Fest will celebrate its 10th Anniversary* Okay
Due to that we wanna do something very special, then we suggest you all to stay tuned & ready for it

*All the MFVF staff (promoters, volunteers, technicians) just want to THANK YOU ALL once again for your incredible support during these years !

See you next year
Dark_Emperor

PostPosted: 19/12/2011, 12:56 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Reino Ermitaño please ^^

Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 19/12/2011, 04:48 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

perfect line up: ARCH ENEMY + TARJA + LACUNA COIL + EPICA + REVAMP +TRISTANIA + LEAVES EYES + DELAIN

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit poster’s website MSN
Abydos

PostPosted: 21/12/2011, 02:39 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
perfect line up: ARCH ENEMY + TARJA + LACUNA COIL + EPICA + REVAMP +TRISTANIA + LEAVES EYES + DELAIN

I agree 100% with this!! Very Happy

-- Femmetal Online --
www.femmetal.net
Female Fronted Metal
from around the world!
Visit poster’s website
Jerre

PostPosted: 22/12/2011, 11:06 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:

You forgot Nightwish... But don't think that line-up will ever be reality Sad
tennisvampy

PostPosted: 25/12/2011, 06:14 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

After the many advertising from Nemesea on the latest edition,
i want to see them on the next one! ^^

Another great band: November-7
Nikolaï

PostPosted: 26/12/2011, 11:08 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Hello,

I really am happy to come to the MFVF each year for a while now. I've always been satisfied with the line-up, and the sound quality. But lately I have noticed there were a couple of problems no-one have pointed out yet (according to what I've read around).

The first problem is the lights. They are a torture for the crowd, hurting the eyes as hell, and often preventing from taking decent pictures. That's without even mentionning the smoke... Unless you have a super reflex you know how to use, it is VERY hardcore to succeed at this task. Isn't it a way to check that before it is too late for MFVF X ?

The second problem is probably related to the first one : I know the fest has grown from nothing to a pretty decent and reknown event. But it still can't, and shouldn't compare to bigger festivals. This year was absurd : the distance between the crowd and the border of the scene was ridiculous. From where I was (first row), it was IMPOSSIBLE to see the drummer for most of the bands ! And the three runways also were ridiculous for several reasons
- the lights (again) didn't even light the right / left one. So what was the point ?
- the non-vocalist bandmembers didn't use them (or some of them did ...).
- some vocalists didn't even use them either (hello Zuberoa ...)
So what was the point ?
If the goal was just enabling the pro-photographers to have better shooting angles, that was a wrong goal.
It the goal was to give the crowd a better interaction with the bands, it failed.
So PLEASE, remove those runways, and just make the scene closer to the crowd again ...

Third problem : Ok, we all got that Diabulus in Musica was releasing a new album, with a new videoclip called Sceneries of Hope. And it was pretty good. BUT WHY THE F**K did you need to show it between every show ? It was oppressive. Really.

Apart from that, the line-up was pretty good, even though I was at first a bit disappointed by the fourth headliner not so headliner (VoA).

And back to the topic (even though those comments are meant to have a better MFVF X than MFVF IX obviously), there are the bands I would like to see this year :

(Arkona was one of them, but since it was announced already ...)
Tarja
Epica (even if it's almost certain already Surprised)
Diablo Swing Orchestra (they are releasing a new album this year ! )
Whyzdom (their new singer is amazing)
Wildpath (another French band, their latest album is a jewel. And bringing some fresh blood can't hurt)
Benighted Soul (yet another French Band :p)
Sirenia (I have never seen them live ... Even though I'm very disappointed with the Enigma of Life, I'd love to see them)
Krypteria (I've missed them this year !)
Lunatica (I've seen the suggestion somewhere ... And that could be nice !)
Liv Moon (a Japanese interesting band. Their music is nice and curious, plus their vocalist is half-Swedish !)
Luna Obscura (another Greek band. Yeah, they have nice bands)
Indica (I know they aren't very metal ... But oh well)
Echoterra (this year was so sad Sad )
Amberian Dawn (They have released another album, and a fourth one is to come this year)
Coma Divine (again please !!)

I guess that's a lot already ... And quite symphonic. Maybe you could add some other genres ... Kivimetsan Druidi and Diary about my Nightmares were GREAT, so was Nemhain.
My wish for next year is to see Floor Jansen get better fast !

Happy new year in advance, and see you for MFVF X !
Zvetiki

PostPosted: 27/12/2011, 07:52 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Nikolaï wrote:
This year was absurd : the distance between the crowd and the border of the scene was ridiculous. From where I was (first row), it was IMPOSSIBLE to see the drummer for most of the bands !

Hmm, I did not see it as that bad, I could see quite well, and I'm rather short myself. But I had the impression that there were relatively few people in the 2011 festival, compared with the Epica years; maybe the organisers wanted to reduce the standing space for the crowd, so that the venue seemed more packed.

Quote:
And the three runways also were ridiculous for several reasons
- the lights (again) didn't even light the right / left one. So what was the point ?

That was useless, I agree.

Bands: The lobbying for Arkona payed of! Yay!
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 27/12/2011, 11:05 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

A quick reaction ....

A lot of bands have their light tech, then the problem with members without light is something from their side.
And for others without tech, bands are sometimes forgetting to talk with the local ligh tech ... then he can't do miracles Confused

For the catwalk, the idea was to make something new, otherwise you always have the same disposition since years.
People are quickly bored if you don't change things, don't bring new stuffs.
(but we can't oblige bands to use it)
Of course, if you don't try new things you never know how it looks Wink
I saw people very happy with these extensions, for ex. Therion's members came very close to the audience.

When you see the distance at Wacken, Graspop etc ... that's very far Very Happy

For DIM video, it was planned to pass only 4 times a day ... that's something I didn't notice in the rush (no time to watch the shows etc).
Thanks to notice this.

But it worked, you'll not forget the song's title and that the new album is coming hehe Razz

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
gotikin

PostPosted: 28/12/2011, 11:03 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

I'm new

Headliners: Arch enemy+ Nightwish+ Holy Moses + Epica

Co- headliners: Arkona+ Delain + Haggard+ Diabulus in música

Rest bands: Tristania, Sirenia, Van canto, we are the fallen, nemesea, eths, the agonist, diablo swin orquesta, amaranthe, lacuna coil, Imperia, echoterra, Elis, Tears of martyr, scandelion, reVamp, krypteria and ETHS/KELLS
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 28/12/2011, 07:54 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

i liked the catwalks actually, without them it's still the same distance so with them it's closer to the crowd for those who used them
Marcela and Sonja, and THERION, for example, came really close to the crowd and also added a sort of theatrical play
But there were also guitarists/bass players who used them too Wink but still it's their own choice Razz

about line-up, I agree with most people, Revamp, Tristania, Diablo Swing, ETHS (they were QUITE good) and Lacuna Coil
after seeing them again in Greece they have improved A LOT, their show was quite energetic

Also!! Decipher of After Forever has just been re-released!! It would be great to have a special AF show with Mark and Floor

Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 28/12/2011, 08:30 pm Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

Frozen-me wrote:
i liked the catwalks actually, without them it's still the same distance

I'm not so sure about the latter, but thanks to the catwalks I managed to take some very good pictures of some of the vocalists, even though I was not standing in the photo-pit. OK, the fact that I had bought a new camera just about two weeks before the festival might also have helped, because I generally managed to get some great pictures.

Frozen-me wrote:

Mine looks completely different: NIGHTWISH (I wouldn't have mentioned them a month ago, but their new album was a very positive surprise) + MIDNATTSOL + MADDER MORTEM + STOLEN BABIES + AVA INFERI + BERGTATT

np: Kate Bush - "50 Words For Snow"
Bongo

PostPosted: 29/12/2011, 10:58 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions Reply with quote

yeah i am also in For Ava Inferi very good last album would be a nice addition as Arkan that i mentioned before already
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 07:58 am Post subject: MFVF10: Bands suggestions

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: <  1, 2, 36, 7, 822, 23, 24  >
Page 7 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website