Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First timer in MFVF
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
ascomm74

PostPosted: 14/01/2012, 06:24 pm Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

Hi

I'm a first timer in MFVF and like to know is there some popular hotel/hostel etc. near the festival place where metal heads usually stay during the event? I have never been in Wieze nor Belgium either for that matter.
How much in advance the accommodation should be reserved.
How big is the event (how many visitors attended in previous years)?
Publicité

PostPosted: 14/01/2012, 06:24 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 15/01/2012, 11:32 am Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

Hello,

A lot of people are staying in the city AALST.
They are staying in nearly all hotels in that city.
Ibis hotel and Keizershof are fully booked very quickly, in April it's generally too late.

I let others suggest some places.

The capacity of the venue is 4000 people, the attendance is always different, as it depends of headliners and you know ... this very annoying word "crisis".

This year is the 10th Anniversary, then we hope that the festival will be sold out.
(the best present we should receive hehe)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 15/01/2012, 02:29 pm Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

All hotels in Wieze are fully booked, like a month ago Razz but you can stay in Brussels near the central station and take the MFVF bus from ther Wink

Visit poster’s website MSN
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 17/01/2012, 08:15 pm Post subject: Re: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

ascomm74 wrote:
I have never been in Wieze nor Belgium either for that matter.

Then may I thoroughly recommend you make sure to visit a bakery whilst you're in the country. There's one just by the venue that does the best creamcakes you'll ever taste!

Reviews and stuff:
Jukebox: Metal
Latest includes Evenoire, Autumn, Shear, Epica, Diabulus in Musica.
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 17/01/2012, 10:42 pm Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

I would also say that all hotels in Aalst are full too.

Cheers Keith47424
Epica90

PostPosted: 21/01/2012, 10:20 pm Post subject: Hopefully some helpfull info! Reply with quote

If you are flying to Belgium and arriving at Brussels International airport, you are lucky because there are trains going directly to Aalst.

On my previous two visits to the festival I stayed in the hotel called "Hostellerie De Biek" its located in a small town called Moorsel, only 12 min away from the train station on Aalst were you'll arive..I got my room reserved and I just saw there is only 2 rooms left!

You can walk from Hostellerie De Biek to the festival area, I did it both years, it takes about 30 min if you walk in a normal pace, I had two friends with me last year so we shared a cab on the night because it gets really cold in Belgium around October at night.

I would give the hotel 10/10 in every catagory, beds are great, really good brekfest which is included in the price, the beds are some of the most comfterbul I've slept in on my travelling experiences Smile..If you are concerned about the price, Ibis is the chepaest one, but FULLY booked, Hostellerie De Biek is a about 25 euro cheaper then Keizerhof the night, but of course its about when you are looking for, Keizerhof is in Aalst centrum, close to the trains/bus, but in Hostellerie De Biek you can walk to the festival durring the day and always make a deal with others on the hotel about sharing a cab at night.

Other info..

The festival is arranged in a huge garage ( sorry if that word sounds CONDESCENDING) but the perfect thing about it is that you NEVER miss a band which you always do on the open air festivals, they play each one after another, basically in the order from smallest band to the biggest (headliner)..And pretty much ALL the bands do signing sessions you can almost every time met with the actual band xD.

They have really nice merchandise areas, last year they sold excelent food, toilets are clean.
They work very efficiently with the bands, approximately 15-20 min break between every band..the Light systems are great too.
If you still havn't purchased your ticket I suggest you do it now while the X-mas offer is still available Smile

Hoped this info helped you just a little bit Smile
MSN
Thor

PostPosted: 22/01/2012, 01:43 pm Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

If you can't find any accommodation nearby then just stay in Brussels and take the MFVF shuttle bus each day. It arrives before the first band is on stage and leaves after the last has finished each night so you won't miss any bands.
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 22/01/2012, 03:23 pm Post subject: Re: Hopefully some helpfull info! Reply with quote

Epica90 wrote:
The festival is arranged in a huge garage

I'd describe it as looking like an aircraft hangar rather than a garage.

Reviews and stuff:
ascomm74

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 03:30 pm Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

Does the festival bus go just once to Wieze per day? How many busses are there? Does it cost something more in addition to the festival ticket?
What route it goes (so that I can get the accommodation from close it)? Should the trip be reserved in advance or just go in?
Sorry bout the numerous questions. And thank you all for the previous answers Smile
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 03:35 pm Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

ascomm74 wrote:
Does the festival bus go just once to Wieze per day? How many buses are there? Does it cost something more in addition to the festival ticket?
What route it goes (so that I can get the accommodation from close it)? Should the trip be reserved in advance or just go in?
Sorry bout the numerous questions. And thank you all for the previous answers Smile

There has just been the one bus from Aalst and one bus from Brussels.
The one from Aalst left from near to the railway station. It left about an hour before the doors opened and departed about 30 minutes after the last band had played.
It does cost extra. And yes you need to reserve it before hand. If it happens again this year keep an eye on the website and the newsletter as they usually mention it on there.
Cheers Keith

Cheers Keith47424
Epica90

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 08:51 pm Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

There are however regular busse's going to Weize from Aalst, but they stop running late at night usually before the festival closes for the day, so if you are going to stay in Aalst close to the railway station I would reckomend Keizerhof hote while they still got rooms available.
The bus also departs from Ibis Hotel if I am correct but that hotel is fully booked. Hostellerie Die Biek in Moorsell still have a few rooms available, and like previously mentioned if the weather is nice you can walk to Octoberhallen, its raining or freezing you can just take the regular bus, costs 2,5 euros one way trip I think.

At night you'd have to take the cab back to the hotel (takes 7 minutes with the cab) but costs 20 euro, but like i said previously, just share a cab with people from the hotel since there will be dozens of them there and split the check and it will be well worth it.
MSN
behemoth_zZz

PostPosted: 05/02/2012, 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

Last time I went, we took the normal public transportation from Aalst trainstation to Wieze in the morning and returning at night, we just walked back to Aalst. It's about an hour walking to the centre of Aalst if I'm not mistaking. So that's not too far. But you can also take a taxi from Wieze to Aalst. Doesn't cost much if you can take a cab with 4 or 5 and just divide the cost.
ascomm74

PostPosted: 13/04/2012, 06:34 pm Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

Do you know what is the friday's program?
Karma Kollapse

PostPosted: 14/04/2012, 11:44 am Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

Good question! Smile

Reviews and stuff:
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 14/04/2012, 03:55 pm Post subject: First timer in MFVF Reply with quote

A special Metal party for the 10th Anniversary.
Music, surprises, meet & greet, and many other things.
We are busy to prepare this ...

As Friday is always a big rush for all (team, visitors, bands), then a big meeting the evening before the festival would be the unique moment for all to have a drink all together.
To have time to talk with friends that most of you and us only see once per year.

Webmaster-Administrator
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 08:01 am Post subject: First timer in MFVF

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website