Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MFVF - future ideas

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10
Previous topic :: Next topic
Helcanen
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 12:16 pm Post subject: MFVF - future ideas Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Dear MFVF People Okay

We're very happy to get all your supports since a decade now !
Actually we still waiting a confirmation & we hope it will work.

As you all, we'd love to get some bands back or even to welcome a band* that they never performed @ the MFVF until now..."even they said in a very recent interview, that they don't think their music is fit for the festival" Shocked Rolling Eyes (*it's one of the most popular band from the Netherlands) !

The main thing never changed since the very beginning, the Metal Female Voices Fest still self financed (no sponsors, no help from the state, due to the big & ridiculous politic situation here in Belgium).

As you all, we'd love to welcome more very well known bands, that's why we start to think about the future of the MFVF !
We'll think about a new formula* (*each 2 years or back to one big day let's see & feel free to share your ideas with us "please do it on a new topic") !

Again a BIG THANK TO YOU ALL & stay tuned for more MFVF news & hope to see you all next October !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webmaster-Administrator

Last edited by Helcanen on 04/05/2012, 05:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website
Publicité

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 12:16 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Sanniej

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 03:42 pm Post subject: MFVF - future ideas Reply with quote

I personally would not want to see the current formula change. I really like the mix of new and pretty unknown bands with some bigger names, spread over several days and with only one stage. This festival is the perfect opportunity to see small(er) bands from all over the world playing, which is otherwise really hard because they usually do not play outside of their own country. For them it is also a big opportunity to become more known. Furthermore, the fact that there is only one stage makes it possible to enjoy all the bands instead of having to make choices. Also, because the festival lasts more days it is worth the travel. And the longer it lasts, the more bands and the more fun! Okay Finally, really big names are of course awesome to see - but they often travel the world so my chances of seeing them live do not depend on MFVF. For small bands it does.

Conclusion: I like MFVF the way it is now. Wait, did I say 'like'? I mean I LOVE the way it is now! Mr. Green
RedRocker

PostPosted: 04/02/2012, 04:11 pm Post subject: MFVF - future ideas Reply with quote

Well, Sanniej said pretty much Exactly what i was about to write! Very Happy

What makes the festival so unique is the current formula in my opinion.
"Big" names we can see in most of the countries on their every tour. (Read Nightwish, Within Temptation etc)
Off course the Festival needs headliners, but not so big they could risk future editions of the festival.

There are so many excellent bands out there, who would almost pay for being on the MFVF bill!
Bands that have very little chances playing outside their native country.
I heard Diabulus In Musica played in Barcelona last year...in front of 15 people!
At MFVF they have risen to almost STARS, and thanks to the attention they are now supporting Tarja / Leaves Eyes in the spring.
-And who knows how well they will do in 2012 with the new album released.
I don´t think this would have been possible without MFVF.

A lot of people travelling far for the festival, so a 3 day event are brilliant.

Seen concerts in some 18 countries the past 20 years, and i must say the MFVF 2011 are at least Top 3 on my musical experiencelist!

Keep up the good work!

The swedes WILL return this year.
behemoth_zZz

PostPosted: 05/02/2012, 11:56 am Post subject: MFVF - future ideas Reply with quote

Personally I liked it more when it was a one day festival with a higher concentration of 'big names' (although I remember even in those years you always had a good balance between the big names and new upcoming bands. I also liked the year with the split between the more symphonic bands on saturday and the other female fronted metalbands on sunday (2007 or 2008 was it?), but I can understand why many people will prefer the present formula.
There's the fact that more small and beginning bands get their opportunity and for the many people coming from abroad, a three day festival is much better.
But for me it is very difficult to go for a whole weekend let alone three days, so it leaves me with some difficult choices picking one day to go.
Thor

PostPosted: 07/02/2012, 02:08 pm Post subject: MFVF - future ideas Reply with quote

I agree that you should stick to the current concept with 3 days and a diversity of genres. Imo the Friday was the day with the highest standards with all three bands putting on a great performance. I would personally prefer more symphonic bands, but still maintaining a diversity. This is my favourite festival and it just gets better and better. Thanks for all the hard work bringing us the best festival in the world. Okay

Some reflections:

* Location - It's a great venue and sound and light is brilliant. However, the rural location is a problem. The lack of accommodation nearby is a big problem. Maybe you can make it clearer on the website how to get to the festival and that there are shuttle buses so people can stay in Brussels and don't miss any performances. Also arrange as many shuttle buses as needed to accommodate more people staying ion Brussels. The camp site also adds another option which is good.

* Marketing - This is a bit difficult for a small independent festival. However, I think you can use us fans of the festival to help you with promotion. One big problem is the public awareness. Many more would be interested if they knew about the festival. There are also many that just see this one of all festivals they could attend. I would like to see more aggressive marketing. If you like metal female voices then there is just one place to be Okay. When more bands have been confirmed then maybe you design some new leaflets. We can give you some feedback and help spreading the awareness through Facebook and e-mails.
r_kerber
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 08/02/2012, 06:25 am Post subject: MFVF - future ideas Reply with quote

For me it will be better the festival will be going over 2 or 3 days. Why? We come from Germany and will fly to Belgium. For only 1 day the costs for the fly are too large. And we'd like to see a lot of small bands from many countries. These bands can never take a over Europe. So this festival is nearly the only option to see these bands life on stage. And i think one or two per diem is enough.

Greetings

Rainer

Last edited by r_kerber on 09/02/2012, 05:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website MSN Skype
Frozen-me
Becoming addicted
Becoming addicted

PostPosted: 08/02/2012, 11:36 am Post subject: MFVF - future ideas Reply with quote

I agree: 1 day is not a good option because the travel would cost too much to international fans and I believe there are LOTS of international people coming to MFVF!
I love it the way it is, maybe make it 2 days instead of 3 and concentrate more on special shows than big headliners, something unique (for example DVD recordings, Leaves Eyes Viking ship, Epica special etc etc)

Visit poster’s website MSN
keith47424
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 11/02/2012, 10:55 am Post subject: MFVF - future ideas Reply with quote

To me it has to stay the same. Like most have said , if you went to just one day then I suspect most people outside of Belgium would not come as the cost would make it not worthwhile. Having it over 3 days does make it worthwhile. The fact that you have made the one stage work is also great. It gives people a chance to have a little rest, get food, pop outside for a fag or food etc etc so to me that is a winner.
Having it over 3 days also gives a chance for the smaller bands to perform. I doubt I would have had a chance to have seen The Agonist for example or Operatika if it hadn't had been for MFVF.
So as the saying goes. Why break something that isn't broken? Okay

Cheers Keith47424
predator

PostPosted: 06/03/2012, 10:34 pm Post subject: MFVF - future ideas Reply with quote

Like most people so far, I prefer the current system of having a full weekend - travelling from the UK its a lot better if its for a full weekend of music rather than one day. You get fans travelling a long distance for MFVF (including Canada), so to make it a one day event would make it less attractive in my opinion.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:58 am Post subject: MFVF - future ideas

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> Forum -> Archives -> MFVF 10 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website