Metal Metal Female Voices Fest
Festival dedicated to the metal female bands.
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mortillery

Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> General (English) -> Metal Female Bands
Previous topic :: Next topic
Burkhard
MFVF fan
MFVF fan

PostPosted: 05/09/2012, 09:10 pm Post subject: Mortillery Reply with quote

Mortillery are an old school thrash metal band from Canada. Nowadays it happens very rarely that I discover new bands I really like, but when I listened to Mortillery's "Evil Remains" on a CD which came along with the German Rock Hard magazine two months ago, I immediately got hooked. After checking a few more songs on youtube I bought their debut album "Murder Death Kill" and I am enjoying it a lot. I appreciate the fact that the vocalist mostly sings with an aggressive, yet "normal" voice, i.e. she doesn't use death grunts/growls, so one can still hear it's a woman doing the singing (or screaming). She reminds me a bit of Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.) on Détente's "Recognize No Authority" (though she sounds less intense) and Lynda "Tam" Simpson on "Behind The Realms of Madness" by Sacrilege (UK). Mortillery are definitely a band I'd like to see at next year's MFVF!

Here's a live-clip of their demo-song "Nuclear Disaster" from 2009:

And here's a live-clip of a new song titled "I Am Destruction":

If all the new stuff should be in the vein of this song, I'll enjoy their next album at least as much as their debut!
Publicité

PostPosted: 05/09/2012, 09:10 pm Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic Reply to topic Metal Female Voices Fest Forum Index -> General (English) -> Metal Female Bands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website